Google maps 5.0 update in Android Market

Search This thread

nolook

Sep 5, 2010
is the 3d view only available in some cities? i can rotate my map but no 3d is available?

thunderpossuem

Nov 4, 2009
Brisbane
3d is only in some cities. L.a. for example. Though I can't figure out how to rotate or change the angle.

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

Badger2point0

Sep 6, 2008
Port Dover
@nolook: Check out Toronto for some 3D action, it's there.

@thunderpossuem: to change the angle place two fingers side by side on the screen and wipe down, repeat the same while wiping up to return to an overhead view.

I can't seem to rotate though which is a shame, still a great update.

Reactions: nolook

thunderpossuem

Nov 4, 2009
Brisbane
Try as I might, I just can't make it work. Not that it really worries me. We don't have any of that 3d business over in Brisbane

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

nolook

Sep 5, 2010

@thunderpossuem: to change the angle place two fingers side by side on the screen and wipe down, repeat the same while wiping up to return to an overhead view.

your right toronto has 3d buildings...very cool...compass feature/offline browsing are also extremely useful features...

maybe rotate will be added or maybe the legend doesnt have that type of multitouch...

bitbitbit

Jul 27, 2010
Rotate does work on the legend. tap on the "center on my location" button, and tap once more, the burton will change into a compass. There are two modes. One of them will rotate the map when you rotate your phone.

nolook

Sep 5, 2010
Rotate does work on the legend. tap on the "center on my location" button, and tap once more, the burton will change into a compass. There are two modes. One of them will rotate the map when you rotate your phone.

i knew about this compass mode - can you rotate any other way?

what i meant is rotating like in the google map video...kind of a pinch rotate 'gesture'

Catnap

Sep 24, 2010

Not quite the same thing as actually rotating it with your fingers, now is it? :p
So no, from the point of multitouch, rotate isn't working.

jaStrom

Oct 12, 2010
Montréal

I can get the 3D buildings in the applicable cities, but I can't change the angle while wiping down with two fingers. I didn't think that changing the angle was supported for the Legend. Is it actually working for you?

nolook

Sep 5, 2010
I can get the 3D buildings in the applicable cities, but I can't change the angle while wiping down with two fingers. I didn't think that changing the angle was supported for the Legend. Is it actually working for you?

yes i can change the angle but it seems to have a limited range of motion...

sz1a

Jun 22, 2010
I don't have change angle and I don't have the compass mode. It only centers on my location and thats it. I'm on Cyanogen mod maybe thats why.

Catnap

Sep 24, 2010
Tilting now working after updating CM6.1 to the experimental kernel oO

Sent from my Legend using XDA App

cobraplayer

Oct 16, 2010
Hi guyz, Do these features work only on froyo? My legend is still on 2.1 (as froyo update in not released here in Aus). I didn't find anything new in google maps 5. No 3d views of any cities, no tilt/rotate, no compass mode. Same old tiled-maps :(.

previn

May 28, 2009
Birmingham
In UK looks like Cardiff, Birmingham & Leeds have 3d features.
In Brum I can see city centre in 3d, tilt & rotate with compass all very smoothly.

Very Nice!

Top Liked Posts