CM11 Performance?

Search This thread

datallboy

Feb 7, 2013
I come from the Nook Tablet world, and cyanogen mod was great to have because of the stock ability.

I'm interested in cyanogenmod, but don't want to go through the process of wiping my device just to test it, and may not like the performance anyways. Also, elementalx doesn't work on it (I believe). So does CM11 have many bugs? Does it outperform stock ROM in means of performance? I like the custom ability with it, but not sure if it's worth trying or keeping with cleanrom.

Sent from my Nexus 7

azvlean

Sep 6, 2013
P A R I S
To be really honest, using a custom ROM providing the same features as a stock ROM like CyanogenMod is not useful. The design is the same, you have few bugs, and everything you gain in terms in features can be found with GravityBox and other Xposed Modules. Now, in terms in performance, according benchmarks, you have the same scores than a stock OCed ROM with dalvik/bionic optimized . But, in terms of real performance, there's no " important " gain.
You better keep CleanRom according to me, because CM doesn't worth wiping your data ! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

yosmokinman

Sep 30, 2012
Why not just make a nandroid backup? Flash whatever you want, don't like it restore the backup.

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar