Duo effect on Flash

Search This thread

felonius

Jun 18, 2010
[ If anyone has mentioned this trick, please inform me so I can ask to help remove this thread. ]

Everyone knows that if you enable your flash while taking pictures on your M8, you will not be able to apply the Duo effect on those pictures.

So if your flash is off when taking pictures, use a gesture to activate the flash.
Venom rom can map the flash to the volume buttons so that when you in landscape with the screen off, press and hold the volume button
to turn on the camera and flash together!

In this way, the pictures you take with the 'flash' on can be edited using the Duo effect!

GR36

Apr 1, 2011
The reason it is off when using flash is because of reflections. The second camera is constantly capturing data to calculate depth. A sudden reflection will effect the data so the effects can be much poorer

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

felonius

Jun 18, 2010
Any samples?

Enviado desde mi 831C mediante Tapatalk

The reason it is off when using flash is because of reflections. The second camera is constantly capturing data to calculate depth. A sudden reflection will effect the data so the effects can be much poorer

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

U can try on different situations for yourself.
Its just like sometimes flash is better sometimes not. ;)

sallam5010

Sep 25, 2008
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Here's a sample I just took it !
With ma hood boys :p

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1399324309302.jpg
    1399324309302.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: n1234d and renehd2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ If anyone has mentioned this trick, please inform me so I can ask to help remove this thread. ]

Everyone knows that if you enable your flash while taking pictures on your M8, you will not be able to apply the Duo effect on those pictures.

So if your flash is off when taking pictures, use a gesture to activate the flash.
    Venom rom can map the flash to the volume buttons so that when you in landscape with the screen off, press and hold the volume button
    to turn on the camera and flash together!

In this way, the pictures you take with the 'flash' on can be edited using the Duo effect!
    Here's a sample I just took it !
    With ma hood boys :p

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app