[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [grouper]

Search This thread

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Anyone else having problems with Theme Manager?

When I select "Themes" I just get an immediate crash saying "Settings has Stopped".

This is on a completely clean, new install.

EDIT:

SIGH... From the changelog 5-10-2014: "Fixed issues with CM Theme Manager (not really, still broken)"

Anyone clue when this might be working again? It's kinda the reason I switched to Carbon, too many roms have dumped theme manager lately.

Last edited:

brizey

Aug 6, 2011

When I select "Themes" I just get an immediate crash saying "Settings has Stopped".

EDIT:

SIGH... From the changelog 5-10-2014: "Fixed issues with CM Theme Manager (not really, still broken)"

Anyone clue when this might be working again? It's kinda the reason I switched to Carbon, too many roms have dumped theme manager lately.

Workaround: uninstall the theme you want to apply. Then reinstall. Then click on the theme manager notification instead of going through settings. Voila.

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12

EDIT:

Heres an other way
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1cOHQ70J9vlc1pVdG9TWGdZbzg/edit?usp=sharing

ironmaskusa

Jul 25, 2011
USA
I have same issue but now just use apex launcher and activities shortcut on to desktop... Slight workaround works nicely.. USBHost gave me the idea from the guide to convert to F2FS thread in nexus 7 general section.

Thanks again! ?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
I'm using Carbon Nightly on my tablet with MKernel.

Suddenly it has enabled power on by tapping the screen. I absolutely loathe and despise this feature as it causes my tablet to constantly turn on in my pocket and drain the battery.

Searches have turned up nothing, probably because I don't know what this feature is called.

Is this a ROM feature or a Kernel feature? If it is a ROM feature, how do I turn it off immediately with prejudice? If it is a Kernel feature, I'll ask in that thread if necessary.

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
I'm using Carbon Nightly on my tablet with MKernel.

Suddenly it has enabled power on by tapping the screen. I absolutely loathe and despise this feature as it causes my tablet to constantly turn on in my pocket and drain the battery.

Searches have turned up nothing, probably because I don't know what this feature is called.

Is this a ROM feature or a Kernel feature? If it is a ROM feature, how do I turn it off immediately with prejudice? If it is a Kernel feature, I'll ask in that thread if necessary.

Its a Kernel feature
Use trickster mod to turn it off

Reactions: lotherius

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Its a Kernel feature
Use trickster mod to turn it off

I set Sweep2Wake to OFF and DoubleTap2Wake to 0, but it is STILL waking up with a double tap at the top of the screen. It doesn't do it always, but it does sometimes. A bit confusing, like it's a glitch ignoring the setting sometimes. For example, I just picked it up and double tapped the top of the screen, and it turned on. Then when I tried to do it again, it didn't. I might try switching kernels if it keeps doing this.

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
I set Sweep2Wake to OFF and DoubleTap2Wake to 0, but it is STILL waking up with a double tap at the top of the screen. It doesn't do it always, but it does sometimes. A bit confusing, like it's a glitch ignoring the setting sometimes. For example, I just picked it up and double tapped the top of the screen, and it turned on. Then when I tried to do it again, it didn't. I might try switching kernels if it keeps doing this.
I'm using the M-kernel and
This ROM
That never happens to me.

Try To set it at boot
Try a reboot
Try to refresh the kernel

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
I'm using the M-kernel and
This ROM
That never happens to me.

Try To set it at boot
Try a reboot
Try to refresh the kernel

Seems to be that the setting is not sticking across reboots for me. I rebooted, went back into trickster and both were enabled again. Using the ROM that you packaged, so not sure why it is acting differently. I have tricked every box I could find in trickster to save the setting. I guess I'll try to find a kernel without this "feature" this weekend.

Sent from one of my Nexuses. Nexii?

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
Seems to be that the setting is not sticking across reboots for me. I rebooted, went back into trickster and both were enabled again. Using the ROM that you packaged, so not sure why it is acting differently. I have tricked every box I could find in trickster to save the setting. I guess I'll try to find a kernel without this "feature" this weekend.

In recovery
Fix permissions

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

trickster mod takes
about 20s to boot up
Give it time to set the settings

Reactions: lotherius

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Did a clean install of Carbon, and this time I keep getting spammed with "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" as soon as the device boots on first boot. I have wiped six ways to sunday, and it still does this. Any clue anybody?

EDIT (SOLVED): Appears to have been the fact that the F2FS kernel I was using wasn't patched for CM kernel fsckup. Still not sure why the CM guys decided to break kernel compatibility and Carbon is following in lockstep.

Last edited:
Reactions: USBhost

ryanw5489

Feb 6, 2012
Haven't been here in a while and really need to update. I went to check for some and it only shows nightly releases are they any updates stable or isn't there going to be anymore. Can anyone help out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: USBhost

dareino

May 7, 2012
Haven't been here in a while and really need to update. I went to check for some and it only shows nightly releases are they any updates stable or isn't there going to be anymore. Can anyone help out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

the nightlies are stable as I am running it....(/07/06)
also CarbonRom just adopted a new build schedule and will only post new builds twice a week. Thurs nites build failed for all....

lots out there to read on google+ or just google search

d

ryanw5489

Feb 6, 2012
Could someone please help me he out? I restored one of my backups that I had from 2013 to see what it had and if there was anything I needed. But there was nothing so I tried installing the recent update but I failed. I tried a few times still failed. So I tried to restore my latest backup and it failed also. The o ly one that will install is my 2013 backup.. Please help

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
Could someone please help me he out? I restored one of my backups that I had from 2013 to see what it had and if there was anything I needed. But there was nothing so I tried installing the recent update but I failed. I tried a few times still failed. So I tried to restore my latest backup and it failed also. The o ly one that will install is my 2013 backup.. Please help

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
Did the flash failed

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [grouper], ROM for the Nexus 7

Contributors
    CarbonDev, winner00
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2014-02-04
    Last Updated 2014-06-07
    I couldn't get it to download fully from the download server, so i built it and am sharing it!

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407591798
    Thank you very much. I really appreciate it. It worked so far.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

awesome glad to hear that
    injoy your new ROM
    Hmm... My titanium backup can't restore any app nor uninstall any system app... Does the superuser breaks? How do I fix this?
    NB : my titanium backup works flawlessly on stock ROM which I used before this one..

EDIT :
    Updating SU binary seems to fix this problem...

Btw, is there any way to update SU binary without installing SuperSU from play store beforehand?

Just download SuperSU zip from chainfire's site and flash in recovery after you flash the Rom.
    Well, I had this issue on my n7, when I was on dirty unicorns. It always worked just fine, and then after some update everything started to lag, download speed was miserable, even though I was sitting right next to my router, ... today I found out that carbon was available for grouper, I'm using it on my n5 for a while now, did a wipe, installed carbon + gapps, wiped again because titanium backup screwed up, now, it's completely set up, up to date, and running smoother as it ever did. I love it again!

Moral of the story:
    Wipe, install, wipe again, try again.

@CarbonDev in case you wondered, I'm the PuffMaN on G+ that's been advertising and tagging CarbonRom in various posts. this is why. carbon is a subtle mix between smooth, aosp feel, and customisation. If ppl ask for a good rom, this is it. Keep up the good work team!

Sent from my Nexus 7