All things Apple Vs. Samsung

Search This thread

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
I highly doubt that they would leave Android completely as they would definitely lose a lot of their userbase. Tizen is very much in early stages and doesn't have much developer support and it's not even certain if current devs will port over their applications to Tizen. From what I've heard, Tizen's apps are written in HTML5, which could potentially lose a lot of devs that are not already familiar to web development (can't say much on this since I haven't tried developing in HTML5 before). The most important is still the amount of apps that Android already has. For Tizen to even compete against Android, they must have a lot of quality apps that can compete with the Android market. This isn't a small task by any means and I haven't seen anything extraordinary from Tizen that could possibly convince me that it is vastly superior to the Android OS.

From what I understand they plan on making the OS compatible with existing Android apps. I believe that's what I read

Sent from the current Heavy Weight Champ GALAXY SIII

seansc144

Jul 6, 2008
Brooklyn
Apple , apple, apple smhs:banghead::banghead::banghead::mad::mad::mad:
anyone here feel for some fresh cidar? :beer:
Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

danjus

Dec 11, 2007
New York
www.djdacha.net
Can you send MMS on iPhone 5? Did they fix that?

I remember years ago friend gave me iPhone to test it and I couldn't figure it out how to send multimedia message, he was laughing at me... "Dude, this phone cannot send MMS, it's fu**ing Apple, that's for kids". He was right, I never ever looked back. I never liked technology which makes people more stupid and ignorant (they would say easier to use). Easier my ass

rizoh66

Apr 23, 2007
Salt City, Utah
It is so obvious that Apple is now playing catch up its ridiculous. When Apple announced the original iPhone it truly was revolutionary. It’s success was due to a new fresh look at technology along with the outstanding poker face, salesmanship and charisma that Steve Jobs had. Apple was able to maintain their market domination because of him and because of the seamless operating system in which the phone operated on. Now that Jobs is no longer here, the iPhone is behind the times in this ever evolving technology savvy world we live in. The best in screen resolution on a smaller phone wont cut it for me. A sapphire lens does nothing for me. An extra row of stupid icons does nothing for me…. I want to personalize a device to my liking. I want information without having to open an app. I want to do what I want, not what someone tells me what I want. The lack of NFC, widgets, and innovation in the iPhone 5 is utterly disappointing. This is the world of today, and there are more people getting on that boat that there are off of it. Apple can boast all they want about having a faster processor, but until they put it to the true test of multitasking and something other than just icons on the homescreen, it’s a moot point.

Exel

Dec 31, 2010
Southern California
Google Pixel 6 Pro
It is so obvious that Apple is now playing catch up its ridiculous. When Apple announced the original iPhone it truly was revolutionary. It’s success was due to a new fresh look at technology along with the outstanding poker face, salesmanship and charisma that Steve Jobs had. Apple was able to maintain their market domination because of him and because of the seamless operating system in which the phone operated on. Now that Jobs is no longer here, the iPhone is behind the times in this ever evolving technology savvy world we live in. The best in screen resolution on a smaller phone wont cut it for me. A sapphire lens does nothing for me. An extra row of stupid icons does nothing for me…. I want to personalize a device to my liking. I want information without having to open an app. I want to do what I want, not what someone tells me what I want. The lack of NFC, widgets, and innovation in the iPhone 5 is utterly disappointing. This is the world of today, and there are more people getting on that boat that there are off of it. Apple can boast all they want about having a faster processor, but until they put it to the true test of multitasking and something other than just icons on the homescreen, it’s a moot point.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Sure, the design looks decent and nice, but the lack of features is a deal-breaker.

Reactions: seansc144

shehrammajid

May 27, 2009
Houston, TX

I agree.....but you have to agree that the new iphone has one of the most premium and elegant designs ever lol

nfox25

Feb 21, 2012
Riga
I have the first iPhone now it is very old. Actualy i hate apple production and if someone would give me iphone for free i wouldn't take it. I like Nokia but they don't work with android.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

rizoh66

Apr 23, 2007
Salt City, Utah
I agree.....but you have to agree that the new iphone has one of the most premium and elegant designs ever lol

Ha! I agree with their metal casing, that makes sense. I just don't understand why they choose to use glass on anywhere else but the screen. I cant even count how many iPhone 4's and 4's' I've seen that have a cracks on the back of them.

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track

RaymondPJR

Oct 7, 2010
Portland
Originally Posted by rizoh66 View Post

I read an article on Flipboard last night in which the author was crowing about how "Extroardinary" the new iPhone was. Then he went on to list things like Panorama mode in the camera, the addition of LTE, the Siri voice assistant and a few other things first associated with Android phones. What world are they living in? How is barely catching up to the field qualify as "Extraordinary"? The outer design is not much changed, I guess they don't want to look hypocritical by coming up with another design with rounded corners that resembles any other phone, yet still can clearly be distinguished from them. Same old brick they've had the last couple of years with a slightly bigger screen and a new charging connector. Extraordinary my star-spangled fanny!!! In the long run, Android will have nothing to worry about from the IDevil, you'll see.

Dragoth12

Sep 20, 2010
Orem, UT
Is it too much to ask to see this iPhone 5 fall flat on it's face? I know it won't happen, the people over at Crapple marketing are genius hypnotists and know how to keep people coming back for more.

It's like the old saying, (way back when), that went something like "Steve Jobs could take a crap in a bag, put the apple logo on it, and it he could still sell it for $500" :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am sure everyone is tired of every other thread is another variation of this suit or some bit of news. All news, theories, arguments and complaints about it are to go here. I will be locking all the other threads on this subject.
    Thank you for your cooperation
    Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
    coming after our phone next.....? U already have the phone, its not like they can come pry it out ur hands or Force ur carrier to stop supporting it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Well i read somewhere that the trial for "our" phone is set for sometime in 2014 so by that time I'll have moved on the to S4 lol. But I agree apple is so scared of samsung that instead of making there product better, they try to kill the competition....

found the link:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390443618604577624410538954138.html
    coming after our phone next.....? U already have the phone, its not like they can come pry it out ur hands or Force ur carrier to stop supporting it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

<sigh> Thank you Capt. Obvious.
    We do have to give Apple credit where credit is due. They defined the mobile industry just over 5 years ago with the launch of the iphone. A large touchscreen phone with few buttons is still the form factor everyone is using 5 years later. Thanks Apple :thumbs up:

However, android launched 2 years later in 2009 and in just 3 years has added a huge amount of features and improvements. The biggest problem with apple is its meant to be simple, intuitive, and in doing so is locked down. basically 0 customization; and the one thing that apple has really had going for it in the past, excellent hardware, has been out shined in this latest generation of phones.

In the end i have never owned an iphone and most likely never will.