Thin Cover Like iPad

Search This thread

savvacon

Nov 12, 2010
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Looking for some help. I've looked in many many places but haven't found a cover like the magnetic cover iPad users have. Is there such a cover for the Note 10.1? Looking for the thinnest cover I can find.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

deecee52

Jul 11, 2006
The thinnest cover will still be thicker than the iPad because we don't have the magnetic hinge that would allow only the front cover..

The Samsung cover is remarkably thin, but doesn't stay closed.

There are several trifold covers that have a back that then clips onto the corners of the table with a cut out for the pen., several ship from Hong Kong. Some on eBay, some on Amazon.com the stock is constantly changing.

I ended up getting one that is advertised ads unless thin by mistake. It uses an adhesive to stick to the back of the pad. I really DON'T like that. It also makes removing the pen difficult. Plus it doesn't have a slot to charge the tab without opening the cover. I had to cut one.

It has a fold over flap so that it doesn't open accidentally, but the cover is very floppy. I've only been using it a few weeks, but it just doesn't feel that solid.

In the end I'll probably go with a knockoff Samsung if I can find one that stays closed.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: savvacon

Jun 28, 2009
Agree with the above...the thinnest and sexiest is probably the Samsung magnetic book cover. I wasn't fond of it at first, but I've been using it over my i-Blason lately (which is also very nice but is no where near as thin). Lack of magnet to hold cover closed is really not an issue for me. If I am holding it it stays shut.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: savvacon

abmicyau

May 11, 2011
If you're going to buy a magnetic cover you should get the samsung one. Most other ones will probably cause problems with your wacom digitizer if the magnets get too close while you're using it.

jimkraz

Jul 14, 2010
I bought the Samsung white cover for £31 on Amazon, it just finishes the look of my tablet, love it. Jim

mrbkkt1

Nov 12, 2007
Mililani
www.lostpowercity.net
Samsung white cover with magnets works for me, I think that it can't have a magnetic closer option because it would interfere with the Wacom digitizer.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

deecee52

Jul 11, 2006
Samsung white cover with magnets works for me, I think that it can't have a magnetic closer option because it would interfere with the Wacom digitizer.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

That may be, but just one more thin flap around the back would solve that. Some of the knock offs have just that.

deecee52

Jul 11, 2006
I actually hate that flap.
Maybe a static cling strip would do well, I should play with it to see.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I can understand that. I have one that folds as part of the tri fold stand so much of time I don't know its there.

Static cling would be great. Keep us posted.

comsajoh

Jan 30, 2011
I have also ordered one online. The "vip" model. I am expecting it to arrive tomorrow together with the GNote 10.1. I will post pictures with the Note with the case on and off so you can evalutate if this one is ok for you or not

CentaXx

Jun 12, 2011
My Note should arrive tomorrow and i'll pretty soon get a cover for it. I really dislike Samsungs build quality, i could scratch the whole back of it in one day i guess .. Like many did with the S3. My Motorola razr i doesn't even show a scratch even if it has been dropped by my girlfriend once and i don't handle it too careful.

I think i'll go with the Samsung Diary cover. I don't want my tablet to be bulky just because the manufacturer can't use proper materials and i'm too afraid of scratching it. But the fact that it won't stay closed is a major drawback, seems like i won't get the allround case i need. I think i'll have a look if i can get the Anymode I-Band case in Germany, at least this one looks good in my opinion.

Last edited:

justauser

Feb 28, 2006
crazyondigital

I bought one from crazyondigital on amazon. had it for months and am pretty happy. it handles portrait and landscape. on amazon and inexpensive.

rmeulendijk

Jul 31, 2008
Boxtel
Try looking at the Anymode cases WEBSITE

I have one and I like it a lot, seems to give decent protection and is wafer thin

Is it only possible for people in the U.K. to order those cases or am I missing something? I can't order any of the products on the website....:confused:

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Is it only possible for people in the U.K. to order those cases or am I missing something? I can't order any of the products on the website....:confused:

Sorry, found it!!;)

dt1401

Nov 1, 2011
Tulsa
Looking for some help. I've looked in many many places but haven't found a cover like the magnetic cover iPad users have. Is there such a cover for the Note 10.1? Looking for the thinnest cover I can find.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

The Samsung Book Cover is about the closest to the smart cover. However I have an iPad 3 also and that smart cover is dangerous... It is really slick and if you are not really careful it will detach itself...

deecee52

Jul 11, 2006
The thinnest cover will still be thicker than the iPad because we don't have the magnetic hinge that would allow only the front cover..

There are several trifold covers that have a back that then clips onto the corners of the table with a cut out for the pen., several ship from Hong Kong. Some on eBay, some on Amazon.com the stock is constantly changing.

I ended up getting one that is advertised ads unless thin by mistake. It uses an adhesive to stick to the back of the pad. I really DON'T like that. It also makes removing the pen difficult. Plus it doesn't have a slot to charge the tab without opening the cover. I had to cut one.

It has a fold over flap so that it doesn't open accidentally, but the cover is very floppy. I've only been using it a few weeks, but it just doesn't feel that solid.

In the end I'll probably go with a knockoff Samsung if I can find one that stays closed.

As in update: I received a very cheap trifold magnetic cover that I ordered off of eBay similar to this. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=200899933118&index=6&nav=SEARCH&nid=87359384600

So far it is working fine. It has magnets to keep closed and my pen works fine for drawing.

It has volume, power and charging ports and buttons exposed and you can easily remove your pen. The only thing I wanted exposed was the headphone jack, but a simple hole punch fixed that. Certainly cheap enough.

Now for the warning. The stick on cases are much worse than I expected. They are stuck on pretty much permanently, so switching cases for different activities was not possible. I do that to have a keyboard sometimes. Now the really bad part, the adhesive is strong enough that you can separate the back from the tablet if you are not careful.

I did just that. Nothing breaks, the back of the tablet it's very flexible, but it is a real bear to get back together. Let's just say I know more about the inside off the tab than I would want to this stage in the warranty. :)

Last edited:

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
As in update: I received a very cheap trifold magnetic cover that I ordered off of eBay similar to this. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=200899933118&index=6&nav=SEARCH&nid=87359384600

So far it is working fine. It has magnets to keep closed and my pen works fine for drawing.

It has volume, peer ands charging exposed ands you can easily remove your own. The only thing I wanted exposed was the headphone jack, but a simple hole punch fixed that. Certainly cheap enough.

Now for the warning. The stick on cases are much worse than I expected. They are stuck on pretty much permanently, so switching cases for different activities was not possible. I do that to have a keyboard sometimes. Now the really bad part, the adhesive is strong enough that you can separate the back from the tablet off you are not careful.

I did just that. Nothing breaks, the back of the tablet it's very flexible, but it is a real bear to get back together. Let's just say I know more about the inside off the tab than I would want to this stage in the warranty. :)

Can you post some pics with the case

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Agree with the above...the thinnest and sexiest is probably the Samsung magnetic book cover. I wasn't fond of it at first, but I've been using it over my i-Blason lately (which is also very nice but is no where near as thin). Lack of magnet to hold cover closed is really not an issue for me. If I am holding it it stays shut.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Try looking at the Anymode cases WEBSITE

I have one and I like it a lot, seems to give decent protection and is wafer thin