[POLL]How often do you flash a different ROM?

How often do you flash a completely different ROM?

• Stay on same build, never update

Votes: 12 4.6%
  • Stay on same ROM, flash its nightlies regularly

Votes: 70 26.6%
  • Stay on same ROM, just flash its stable builds

Votes: 52 19.8%
  • I flash a different ROM every day

Votes: 21 8.0%
  • I flash a different ROM every week or two

Votes: 87 33.1%
  • I flash a different ROM every month or few months

Votes: 49 18.6%
  • I flash a different ROM every year or so

Votes: 8 3.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

madd0g

May 8, 2010
When OTA from Google is proven good/stable, because I actually use my phone every day.

ben.nesheim

Nov 30, 2010
Duluth, MN
plus.google.com
4.2.2 is stable.

i'll flash cm nightlies every day. but paranoid usually sucks me in which i've been running for the past weeks just updating as they come.

and for the flashaholic titanium backup is god :p

djboi2011

Mar 3, 2011
whenever i get unhappy with my current setup. some bugs always randomly pop up after i use any rom for a while, or a better rom just comes along

szucsgf

Aug 8, 2012
Toronto
I flashed new ROMs very frequently (daily) until Paranoid Android sucked me in. Tried a few highly rated ROMs since then (Atom is the best imo) but I can't use anything other than PA with expanded desktop and pie. Now I flash PA and AK Pirates every two updates or so.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

miketb34

Oct 15, 2010
right now I switch between Carbon and AOKP both have great features. Love the PIE feature in carbon and love the new tradtional toggles that AOKP just merged. So I tend to switch every week or 2.

puldag

Feb 21, 2013
flashing until i find perfect fast and stable ROM (now very happy on allmost flawless Atom422)

Reactions: szucsgf

sarkar1990

Dec 7, 2012
New Delhi
I flash a new ROM 2 to 3 times a week. I use Super Backup. It has all the back up options needed. Only its not a one click process. It needs 4 clicks to backup and the same number to restore. However I am thinking of buying TiBU pro.

What say guys, worth it?

iArtisan

Oct 30, 2011
I flash a new ROM 2 to 3 times a week. I use Super Backup. It has all the back up options needed. Only its not a one click process. It needs 4 clicks to backup and the same number to restore. However I am thinking of buying TiBU pro.

What say guys, worth it?

if 4 clicks is really that much of an issue... then go for it.

bvt-1

Jun 20, 2011
Hannover
I flash every day ... sometimes two or three times a day ... yes, I´m a flashoholic but don`t go
to an doctor :p

fpradhan

Dec 29, 2011
Phoenix
I used to flash a whole bunch of roms, maybe a new one every 3 days, but since PA came out, I've been flashing every update since the early alpha days! No regrets in the slightest.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

smileyanz

Aug 28, 2012
Used to flash two or three times a day a while back, but keep to drewgaren because its such a good ROM and its nice to be part of testing a ROM through to it being stable!!

samu91gn

Feb 22, 2012
treviso
R: [POLL]How often do you flash a different ROM?

I flash everytime there's an update of paranoid android 3+ which means once a week more or less

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus with Tapatalk 2

mrm43

May 28, 2012
On the average at least once a week. But when things are not to my liking I would flash about 2 to 3 times in a week.

jpildave

Nov 21, 2012
Washington, D.C.
Exactly how I feel also. Even with titanium.

It takes too much time to set everything up again. Eats up about 3 hours minimum of my time I find.

But besides that...I'm very happy with stock 4.1. Fantastic! The need to change ROMs does not exist much anymore. Simple as that for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I don't understand how it takes you 3 hours minimum to flash a new ROM. Depending on whether or not you do a clean flash vs. a dirty flash, it could take about 30 minutes to an hour or so (tops.) If it really takes you 3 hours, then you either have a lot of data you're backing up before you flash, or you're probably missing a useful app to help in the process.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Titanium back up pro. Push one button, restore all apps and data in minutes. Just don't do system apps and you'll be fine

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    I wait after a major update to Android until a stable ROM appears, so maybe every 3-4 months.
    Iam a flashaholic to the core.
    I try out each rom's each version :) :)
    the max. time i stayed with a rom was 5 days , cant remember which one maybe cna or bamf.
    Way to often, I should get a second phone :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
    The most i go is about a week. On day 6 now and i am starting to get "the itch"