[Q] can't flash AOSP ROMS

Search This thread

dudeicles

May 28, 2011
Lakeland
Anyone have an idea why every time I install an aosp rom it glitches at the Samsung boot screen then just goes black and I have to pull the battery? I've installed clean, jelly beans and jedi Rom without issue. Any help is appreciated.

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
Update your twrp then try again. Make sure your doing full wipes and flashing gapps

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

dudeicles

May 28, 2011
Lakeland
Update your twrp then try again. Make sure your doing full wipes and flashing gapps

Just updated my TWRP to 2.4 and did what you suggested with the wiping and same problem.

The Samsung Galaxy screen glitches to half way off the screen, then goes off, then comes back on then the whole thing goes black and nothing.

I'm going to try another rom and see if it still does it as well.

dudeicles

May 28, 2011
Lakeland
Just updated my TWRP to 2.4 and did what you suggested with the wiping and same problem.

The Samsung Galaxy screen glitches to half way off the screen, then goes off, then comes back on then the whole thing goes black and nothing.

I'm going to try another rom and see if it still does it as well.

Even with another ROM it doesn't seem to want to work. It's really weird, because any Touchwiz ROM works fine, it only does it on AOSP roms..... I'm hoping someone knows what the fix for this is.

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
Even with another ROM it doesn't seem to want to work. It's really weird, because any Touchwiz ROM works fine, it only does it on AOSP roms..... I'm hoping someone knows what the fix for this is.

Odin to stock then re unlock and try this all again? I'm not sure what else you can try. I flip between aosp and tw almost daily

Reactions: andrewjt19

s10sdeville

Sep 5, 2009
surface of the sun...or phx

Acery

Jan 28, 2013
in my experience, you need to do a factory wipe again AFTER you install or you will get a bootloop.

I think CM10.1 mentions that in their install process.

Reactions: hopesrequiem

dudeicles

May 28, 2011
Lakeland
Just ran into something very interesting . When I installed Rom Manager and flashed the CWM recovery, I rebooted and my boot screen did the exact same thing it was doing installing AOSP roms. It would seem my problem may just be CWM.

Reactions: hopesrequiem

hopesrequiem

May 27, 2011
Just ran into something very interesting . When I installed Rom Manager and flashed the CWM recovery, I rebooted and my boot screen did the exact same thing it was doing installing AOSP roms. It would seem my problem may just be CWM.

I've heard too many issues with cwm to even try it. Twrp has been flawless for me so why switch? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :rolleyes:

dudeicles

May 28, 2011
Lakeland
Ok, so update - Odin'd back to stock and re-rooted using the Casual method. I have the most recent TWRP installed and when i install the AOSP rom it does the exact same thing. I'm thinking about videotaping what the boot animation does and maybe someone can look at it and see what the cause may possibly be.

If anyone has any other suggestions i'm all ears. Again, any rom based on STOCK works without issue (Clean Rom, Jelly Beans and Jedi), but only AOSP roms (And CWM) crash the phone at "Samsung Galaxy Note II" screen on startup.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, just weird it's not working. I may have the single note 2 to never run AOSP roms. LOL

dudeicles

May 28, 2011
Lakeland
so... oddly enough i still have trouble installing AOSP roms. the only AOSP rom i have been able to install so far is Paranoid Droid. I am slowly trying each one just to see which one i can force to work. Am I the only person who can't just flash whichever rom I want whenever?

spydersilk

Oct 6, 2010
Anyone with other ideas on this? I was frequently flashing back and forth between TW and AOSP. The other day I tried to flash AOSP again and get a failed message in TWRP. Already using latest version of TWRP. I then restore a backup of TW. Download again, verify md5, get failed message again. And yes, I wiped everything...same thing I do everytime. Now I have tried to DL and flash multiple different AOSP roms and I get failed everytime. Decided to try CWM recovery and that just aborts. I have NO problems flashing TW roms though

slinky42

Jan 16, 2010
Same here!!

Anyone with other ideas on this? I was frequently flashing back and forth between TW and AOSP. The other day I tried to flash AOSP again and get a failed message in TWRP. Already using latest version of TWRP. I then restore a backup of TW. Download again, verify md5, get failed message again. And yes, I wiped everything...same thing I do everytime. Now I have tried to DL and flash multiple different AOSP roms and I get failed everytime. Decided to try CWM recovery and that just aborts. I have NO problems flashing TW roms though

I currently have a Tmobile Note 2. And i recently ran into the same issue. I think it started after installing a certain paranoid andrroid rom, which wrote OS folders differently from what i am normally used to seeing. The folders were 0, legacy, and obb. I also notice that it changed my device id to an SGH-i317, which is an ATT Note 2. The rom was a port from an ATT rom of course, but if it was for ATT, it wouldn't work on my device right? I installed GOOmanager, and flashed the OPEN INSTALL SCRIPT. Which it flashed the ATT version. Everything still worked. I flashed back to stock, and updated OTA. Still nothing. I've also noticed that, if i can open the zip file on my pc, it will work on my phone. For some reason, The AOSP files read invalid. While the Touchwiz roms open like a regular zip file.

Any help is appreciated. Hope some of this info helps.

Just realized i posted in the Verizon section. But i think you and I are the only two people with this issue...lol

Last edited:

jcollier

Jan 11, 2008
Houston, TX
I think it started after installing a certain paranoid andrroid rom, which wrote OS folders differently from what i am normally used to seeing. The folders were 0, legacy, and obb.

Just realized i posted in the Verizon section. But i think you and I are the only two people with this issue...lol

This is standard on 4.2.2 ROMs. It is related to the multi-user implementation.

dudeicles

May 28, 2011
Lakeland
I currently have a Tmobile Note 2. And i recently ran into the same issue. I think it started after installing a certain paranoid andrroid rom, which wrote OS folders differently from what i am normally used to seeing. The folders were 0, legacy, and obb. I also notice that it changed my device id to an SGH-i317, which is an ATT Note 2. The rom was a port from an ATT rom of course, but if it was for ATT, it wouldn't work on my device right? I installed GOOmanager, and flashed the OPEN INSTALL SCRIPT. Which it flashed the ATT version. Everything still worked. I flashed back to stock, and updated OTA. Still nothing. I've also noticed that, if i can open the zip file on my pc, it will work on my phone. For some reason, The AOSP files read invalid. While the Touchwiz roms open like a regular zip file.

Any help is appreciated. Hope some of this info helps.

Did you ever get your phone to install the AOSP Roms? Mine worked when l just let the phone sit. Now it works fine all the time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've heard too many issues with cwm to even try it. Twrp has been flawless for me so why switch? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. :rolleyes:

The Note 2 that couldn't...

Odin to stock then re unlock and try this all again? I'm not sure what else you can try. I flip between aosp and tw almost daily

in my experience, you need to do a factory wipe again AFTER you install or you will get a bootloop.

I think CM10.1 mentions that in their install process.