[Q] Locked out phone. Any help will be much appreciated!!

Search This thread

Mr.Stick

Feb 16, 2014
Ok, so this is my first ever forum post and I have resorted to this after hours of searching for a fix.

So let's get straight to the point. After changing my drag password thingy, I forgot it. Numerous attempts later to unlock the password, I found myself on this 'Sign in with your google account' screen of doom.

My phone runs 4.0 ice-cream sandwich.

My problems are:

• WiFi is disabled
  • USB-Debugging is disabled

Things I've already tried:

• Factory reset on bootloader - the HTC screen just pops up then it freezes on it.
  • Recovery on bootloader - the HTC screen just pops up then it freezes on it.
  • Calling the phone with another phone and trying to drag the notification bar down/ button mashing - nothing happens.
  • Using ADB to unlock it - I can't because USB-Debugging is disabled.
  • Various fixes that use WiFi - WiFi is disabled.

Please, please, please help me! My phone has been locked like this for a month now. I've only had the phone for 6 months and I use(d) it very regularly. I will appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks!!

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
Ok, so this is my first ever forum post and I have resorted to this after hours of searching for a fix.

So let's get straight to the point. After changing my drag password thingy, I forgot it. Numerous attempts later to unlock the password, I found myself on this 'Sign in with your google account' screen of doom.

My problems are:

• WiFi is disabled

• Factory reset on bootloader - the HTC screen just pops up then it freezes on it.
  • Calling the phone with another phone and trying to drag the notification bar down/ button mashing - nothing happens.

Please, please, please help me! My phone has been locked like this for a month now. I've only had the phone for 6 months and I use(d) it very regularly. I will appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks!!

Firstly - this is a QUESTION and should be in the Q&A forum

Secondly - you know that as you have already asked the question in the Q&A forum and someone attempted to help you, so why would you want to open a new thread? :rolleyes:

jmcclue

Apr 3, 2012

Secondly - you know that as you have already asked the question in the Q&A forum and someone attempted to help you, so why would you want to open a new thread? :rolleyes:

Haha i thought id seen this post before.. thought i was going mad :sly:

Edi77

May 6, 2011
If your boot loader is unlocked you can install 4xt recovery and install another ROM.
Factory reset doesn't help - that's strange but I have never tested it before :laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My problems are:

• WiFi is disabled