Droid 3 = like a tank

Search This thread

PassingThruLife

Jun 6, 2012
i never realized how tough this phone is . i rock it with no case,just the external battery.

was at dentist today and he had me in the high chair at least 4 and half feet off the ground,i had my phone on my side hoodie pocket and it slides right out and smacks the hard tile floor...

im like ahh crap... he picks it up and hands it to me and there is not even a scratch. the sound it made when it hit was loud too but nothing was broken. screen is fine and keyboard still sliding good.

if it had been my droid dna or anything else,it probably would have been shattered .

these older motorola phones are rock solid it seems.

Reactions: AnteLo

AntiDroidBoy

Dec 24, 2013
Yea it is like a tank. I've dropped mine like 10 times and still no crack. But the only thing is that the guy I got it from made the smallest of a crack.

Sent from my Droid 3 using XDA-Developers app

Last edited:

PassingThruLife

Jun 6, 2012
Yea it is like a tank. I've dropped mine like 10 times and still no crack. But the only thing is that the guy I got it from made the smallest of a crack.

Sent from my Droid 3 using XDA-Developers app

great phone when it comes to durability,really shows its age tho otherwise. it's my main phone for now and i will probably keep it as a back up indefinitely.

Aug 16, 2009
Portland, OR
I've dropped mine on cement and pavement at least a dozen times, and each time I've been pleasantly surprised that it survived more or less undamaged.

matthewgeier

Mar 31, 2012
I've dropped mine on cement and pavement at least a dozen times, and each time I've been pleasantly surprised that it survived more or less undamaged.

Mine got dropped twice onto concrete (fell out of my pocket) and the impact damaged the flex cable between the two halves of the phone.

I suspect the impact allowed some grit to get in exactly the wrong place and it cut the flex.

eldar4uk

May 13, 2010
mine moto3 was in the back pocket of my jeans I set down on it and it converted in arc but still worked well) moto3 has a really great housing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i never realized how tough this phone is . i rock it with no case,just the external battery.

was at dentist today and he had me in the high chair at least 4 and half feet off the ground,i had my phone on my side hoodie pocket and it slides right out and smacks the hard tile floor...

im like ahh crap... he picks it up and hands it to me and there is not even a scratch. the sound it made when it hit was loud too but nothing was broken. screen is fine and keyboard still sliding good.

if it had been my droid dna or anything else,it probably would have been shattered .

these older motorola phones are rock solid it seems.