[REF] Nexus 5 Stock OTA URLs

Search This thread

GabbyWC

Dec 8, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Redmi Note 9 Pro
nope.. the only thing I have done is root, and gel xposed.. that'll be what I try in the morning.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

Xposed Framework needs to be uninstalled (through the Xposed Installer's built-in menu) before you can update your version of Android. After that's done, you can re-enable Xposed Framework and all your modules and settings will be intact like before.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Sprint says KTU84P will be rolling out effective today. Claims "security fix." I'm betting it's a fix for the Towel Root vulnerability. If anyone gets the OTA update, please post the filename here!

Reactions: xdatastic

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
For posterity, I have added two newly discovered updates to the first post:

1. KFS78N -> KOT49H
2. KQS81M -> KOT49H

These were found with help from EthanFirst, TheManii and El Daddy. Thanks, gents!

Sent from my Z Ultra Google Play Edition using Tapatalk

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
I'm just going to preemptively post this. This thread is not the place to discuss the new Android L factory images that will be released tomorrow. This thread is for over the air updates only. It is not for discussion of factory images. Plus, these are not official release ROMs, and they are not done. Therefore they have no place here. I'm sure there will be 35 other threads were you can discuss this stuff. Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xdatastic

Jan 14, 2012
Sydney
As I'm on Telstra in Australia, I've flashed back to 4.4.3/KTU84M to see if I can grab the OTA URL for the new 4.4.4/KTU84Q which it seems is a regional update only. Nothing received yet.

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Ok please let us know when you get it and also, if you could check for an update from KTU84P as well, that would be much appreciated!

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
Is there any reason not to install the KTU84Q update on a North American Nexus 5 (LGD820)?

Nope. None whatsoever. You can install it if you want and your phone will work fine.

That said, there are no code changes within Android itself between KTU84P and KTU84Q. That means there are no bugfixes. The kernel is also exactly the same. That KTU84Q OTA is purely a radio update that fixes something specific to certain carriers in that area of the world. So, unless you travel to India, Australia, or New Zealand, there's absolutely no reason TO update other than a 0.0.0.0.1 radio version bump (to fix whatever it was that they were fixing), and seeing your build # change from P to Q.

Sent from my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 Using Tapatalk

xdatastic

Jan 14, 2012
Sydney
I flashed back to 4.4.2/KOT49H and I get offered the 4.4.4/KTU84Q update.

However when I flash (or OTA up to) 4.4.3/KTU84M I do not get offered any further updates.

I can only assume for some odd reason, the KUT84M>KTU84Q update does not exist.

Top Liked Posts