★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.x |CROMI-X UPDATE SOON| OC Kernel | OFFICIAL HELP THREAD ★★

Search This thread

synaptic13

Mar 23, 2011
Official Asus stock value is 160! But the official Asus kernel doesn't allow 160 and boots to 240 so who knows what the play store sees. My rom uses a multi dpi hack play store so doubt changhing dpinwill fix anything. 213 is not the default for sure. It is the default on the nexus 7.

If you search for wild blood it is not found in the play store list. What ROM were you on when you purchased them? Do you not keep tibu backups?

Hmm weird.. So guess it's probably a no go then... Honestly I'm not sure which device I purchased them on lol... I have several :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
Official Asus stock value is 160! But the official Asus kernel doesn't allow 160 and boots to 240 so who knows what the play store sees. My rom uses a multi dpi hack play store so doubt changhing dpinwill fix anything. 213 is not the default for sure. It is the default on the nexus 7.

If you search for wild blood it is not found in the play store list. What ROM were you on when you purchased them? Do you not keep tibu backups?

Could we using an app like build.prop or system tuner pro to change the dpi from 213 to 160 so as to download some games and then use them to change the dpi back to 213?

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Could we using an app like build.prop or system tuner pro to change the dpi from 213 to 160 so as to download some games and then use them to change the dpi back to 213?

No harm in trying. You can use es file explorer to edit build.prop using its inbuilt note editor.

I still don't think it will work. But prove me wrong please! :D

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
Looks very interesting and makes adb usable for most! :good:

I see no point in a GUI for adb - replacing simple command lines with complicated dialogs.

IMHO anyone who cannot operate a basic command line interface should stay far away from rooted Android devices.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I see no point in a GUI for adb - replacing simple command lines with complicated dialogs.

IMHO anyone who cannot operate a basic command line interface should stay far away from rooted Android devices.

Not for more expert users like us. But for beginners its the only way for some to get a foot in the door. Surely you can see that?

Command line prompts are not accessible to most. They are deemed old fashioned, cludgy and archaic. If you can do the same thing by hitting a button why not?

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
Command line prompts are not accessible to most. They are deemed old fashioned, cludgy and archaic.

Call it "chatting with the computer", doesn't that sound very modern and much more fun than silently pointing to things with the mouse? :)

But for beginners its the only way for some to get a foot in the door. Surely you can see that?

When I was a beginner, I had to learn how the command line works - simply because there was no GUI. Today, the barrier for using computers is much lower, which is generally good. But for people who don't even want to learn basics about using a command line interface, there is another popular mobile OS much more suitable for them; they should not try to root Android devices and install custom ROMs. Just my opinion.

Hiding the (minimal) complexity of adb behind another layer of more complexity in a GUI only makes the whole system more complex, and if something does not work as intended, makes finding the problem even harder. I saw that already with the batch files to automate fastboot, and most people having trouble with adb on Windows seem to have driver problems, which are not solved at all by a GUI.

Anyway, feel free to disagree with me. I don't have to support that thing anyway. :)

Thibor69

synaptic said:
Hmm.. weird.. So guess it's probably a no go then... Honestly I'm not sure which device I purchased them on lol... I have several :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Sorry i got here late. I AM a huge gamer. Most games i get by (other) means not play store ;) Wild Blood does not work on our device. If you go to playstore you would see this:

Asus ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
This item is not compatible with your device.

Some great ones that do work in that genera are:

9th Dawn
Chaos Rings
Finall Fantasy III
Dragon Slayer
Spectral Souls
The Bards Tale
Avadon
And many others...

Thibor69

Last edited:
Reactions: synaptic13

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Call it "chatting with the computer", doesn't that sound very modern and much more fun than silently pointing to things with the mouse? :)

When I was a beginner, I had to learn how the command line works - simply because there was no GUI. Today, the barrier for using computers is much lower, which is generally good. But for people who don't even want to learn basics about using a command line interface, there is another popular mobile OS much more suitable for them; they should not try to root Android devices and install custom ROMs. Just my opinion.

Hiding the (minimal) complexity of adb behind another layer of more complexity in a GUI only makes the whole system more complex, and if something does not work as intended, makes finding the problem even harder. I saw that already with the batch files to automate fastboot, and most people having trouble with adb on Windows seem to have driver problems, which are not solved at all by a GUI.

Anyway, feel free to disagree with me. I don't have to support that thing anyway. :)

No I agree with you 100% People are lazy, they don't want to have to learn, remember and type long syntax strings out to do stuff. So I'm all for tools that allows them to do it safely without having to struggle. Although I get your point that the only way to learn is to do and once you do it's not that difficult. :D

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Stock browser issue

I just wondering if anyone has the same issue. When I'm watching videos on yahoo site, the video went black a few seconds then came back, it happened 2 or 3 times during a short video. This issue been there a awhile (even with older CR) with our without browser2ram. Also with 3.1 odex or deodex version. I'm sure this is the issue with stock browser. I downloaded dophin browser and try out the same video and it's working flawlessly with this browser, also dophin browser is noticable smoother during up and down scrolling or stop and scroll compared to stock browser. The only thing hold me back is no flash support. I suspected flash maybe the issue and tried different version of Flash and different setting with stock browser but no help. In short, I just wonder if anyone is having the same issue??? BTW, I have tried almost all the top notch browsers available and I have to say Dophin is the best interm of "smooth" browser. (not features wise).

Thibor69

I just wondering if anyone has the same issue. When I'm watching videos on yahoo site, the video went black a few seconds then came back, it happened 2 or 3 times during a short video. This issue been there a awhile (even with older CR) with our without browser2ram. Also with 3.1 odex or deodex version. I'm sure this is the issue with stock browser. I downloaded dophin browser and try out the same video and it's working flawlessly with this browser, also dophin browser is noticable smoother during up and down scrolling or stop and scroll compared to stock browser. The only thing hold me back is no flash support. I suspected flash maybe the issue and tried different version of Flash and different setting with stock browser but no help. In short, I just wonder if anyone is having the same issue??? BTW, I have tried almost all the top notch browsers available and I have to say Dophin is the best interm of "smooth" browser. (not features wise).

Agree with you about Dolphin ... with all it's add-on's it is very nice. I do still prefer stock tho ... it is very smooth for me, and I like Chrome. I have never had any problems with chrome but I know others have. Weird... As for the yahoo video issue, if you could post me a link to some yahoo video I would be happy to test it with Stock on my 3.1 setup.

Thibor

Thibor69

All most all videos on Yahoo site. I just tried this and it gave me 3-4 black screens during the playback
http://screen.yahoo.com/cameron-diazs-side-swept-bangs-151214952.html

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Well this is what I found out. If I use Stock Browser ( w/ Browser2Ram ) and my TF700 on Performance mode, the video's on yahoo play perfect. If I drop down to "mid" range performance the video's on Yahoo will play and I do NOT get black screen's like you do, but the video does stutter a bit. Next I tried YouTube, again with Stock browser ( w/Browser2Ram ) and on youtube video's all played perfect in all 3 moods ( low/mid/high ) performance.

Next I switched to Chrome and did same test. With chrome I could not play ANY VIDEO at all on Yahoo. That is odd. But with Chrome, once again I can play any and all video's on youtube.

Those are my findings .... but not sure why. Do you have Browser2Ram running ? have you tried high performance ?

Does anyone else in here have this issue or think of a reason why:

#1 buhohitr gets black screens through-out video's on Yahoo
#2 Why I can not access ANY video's on Yahoo via Chrome ( but with stock browser is fine )

Jump in if you have any idea's.

Good luck!

Thibor

Reactions: buhohitr

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
Well this is what I found out. If I use Stock Browser ( w/ Browser2Ram ) and my TF700 on Performance mode, the video's on yahoo play perfect. If I drop down to "mid" range performance the video's on Yahoo will play and I do NOT get black screen's like you do, but the video does stutter a bit. Next I tried YouTube, again with Stock browser ( w/Browser2Ram ) and on youtube video's all played perfect in all 3 moods ( low/mid/high ) performance.

Next I switched to Chrome and did same test. With chrome I could not play ANY VIDEO at all on Yahoo. That is odd. But with Chrome, once again I can play any and all video's on youtube.

Those are my findings .... but not sure why. Do you have Browser2Ram running ? have you tried high performance ?

Does anyone else in here have this issue or think of a reason why:

#1 buhohitr gets black screens through-out video's on Yahoo
#2 Why I can not access ANY video's on Yahoo via Chrome ( but with stock browser is fine )

Jump in if you have any idea's.

Good luck!

Thibor

Thanks for trying out, just to clarify, while watching video on yahoo site, the video screen went black for a second or two then picture came back and video continue, this happened like 3-4 times during a short video clip. However using Dophine browser, it just really smooth throughout with the same video clip. I tried to play the same video over and over again like 15 times using stock and Dophine and results are the justified that Dohphin doesn't have this issue.
Edit: Another issue I found with stock browser is when I hit the "back" button to go back to previous page, it won't. If you want to try, go to yahoo.com main site, on the side tab on yahoo financial, then tab on any link in the page, now try to go back to yahoo main page using the back button or back browser button...not working. I suspected that since it's not a mobile site, it won't do it. Mobil site for yahoo is m.yahoo.com and it just look horrible.

Last edited:

MovingZen

Feb 22, 2012
Charleston, Sc.
If I may ask a couple questions.. I'm ready to jump to cromi but just want to make sure I have a decent understanding of what I'm doing.

In some other threads I saw where some people who had trouble were asked if they had flashed a previous version of the cromi. Is there a starting point I should be aware of or can I go from stock/unlocked/rooted straight to this rom?

Are data2sd and browser2ram the same thing? I saw in the video that the option is browser2ram and I want to do this. Do I need to be doing the same partitioning I saw in a data2sd thread I saw or should I be looking for a specific browser2ram thread?

Thanks to the guys who make this all possible...developers and the guys who take the time to help guys like me. I cant tell you how sweet it was to watch that video and get a really good idea of what I'd be going through when I flashed. I was a little bit intimidated by the choices I was going to have to make.. not knowing what the questions would be beforehand.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
If I may ask a couple questions.. I'm ready to jump to cromi but just want to make sure I have a decent understanding of what I'm doing.

In some other threads I saw where some people who had trouble were asked if they had flashed a previous version of the cromi. Is there a starting point I should be aware of or can I go from stock/unlocked/rooted straight to this rom?

Are data2sd and browser2ram the same thing? I saw in the video that the option is browser2ram and I want to do this. Do I need to be doing the same partitioning I saw in a data2sd thread I saw or should I be looking for a specific browser2ram thread?

Thanks to the guys who make this all possible...developers and the guys who take the time to help guys like me. I cant tell you how sweet it was to watch that video and get a really good idea of what I'd be going through when I flashed. I was a little bit intimidated by the choices I was going to have to make.. not knowing what the questions would be beforehand.

if you are stock rooted, just wipe cache and dalvik cache then flash cromi 3.1, during the install you will have option to install browser2ram and other goodies.
data2sd is not the same as browser2ram. data2sd is a mod that use your fast external class10 micro sdcard in place of your slow internal memory, this will reduce the I/O issue with Asus stock rom. Browser2ram is work kind of like data2sd, but it's only speed up your browser (currently only for stock browser and chrome), this will use ram to cache data for your browser. This is quick answer for noob instead of go into technical details, which may cause even more confusing.

sbdags

Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Is there a way of clearing the notification bar?

Hit the little blue x in the bottom right corner :D

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 AM ----------

All,

If you get any errors when trying to update apps you will need to go to tab settings --> apps --> all --> Google play store and clear data. Do the same on Google play services and then reboot. This should fix the issue.

Reactions: okantomi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★★ CleanROM Inheritance 3.x |CROMI-X UPDATE SOON| OC Kernel | OFFICIAL HELP THREAD ★★

------- LAST UPDATED ON 12.15.2013 ------

*** READ THIS UPDATE PLEASE 12/15/2013 ***

UPDATE READ ME !!
    I just wanted to let you all know I am in the process of doing a major overhaul on this help thread. It is VERY OUTDATED.
    I am very sorry for this, but real life took over for a while ..... I am still quite busy working 6 days a week, so it might take
    a while ... if anyone is able to help out and you know a good amount of info on at least installing and helping new guys with
    some simple questions, please let me know. Basically We will be fielding questions and help for:

1. [CROMi-X 5.2.x]
    2. [CROMi-X 5.2.x][ROM2SD]
    3. [CROMi-Xenogenesis 4.7.x]
    4. [CROMi-X-MiNi 1.3.x]
    5. [CleanROM Inheritance 3.5.x]

I will have to do a major re-write to the OP.... unless someone wants to help me with that ... :p

Anyways .... Thanks for your patients and in the mean time if you get no answers here, then please seek your
    answers in the developer OP for your ROM. (The above ROMS are linked to their respectful Developer OP)

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS WHEN YOU READ THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS BELLOW AS THEY WERE MADE MAINLY FOR CLEANROM INHERITANCE NOT CROMI-X

Cheers all.
    THiBOR69

===================================================​

*** OFFICIAL ***

HELP THREAD & GUIDE FOR THE ASUS INFINITY (TF700) CUSTOM ROM...

* * * CLEAN.ROM.iNHERiTANCE * * *

aKa CROMI

DEODEX & ODEX version

CREATOR OF CLEAN ROM INHERITANCE

SBDAGS

SPECIAL THANKS TO
    .SCROSLER ( CROMI is based off his original work )
    .SurduPetru
    .Clemsyn
    .Buhohitr

A LITTLE BACKGROUND
    CleanROM Inheritance ..also known as CROMI.. is a stock based ROM designed from scratch from the ASUS Stock 10.4.4.23 Jelly Bean 4.1.1 WW release and updated to latest bootloader as needed. CROMI has its roots in the original CleanROM by Scrosler. Scrosler started the project and the 2.x series was largely based off his work with Sbdags' tweaks added. Starting with the 3.x series Sbdags took over the project and renamed it CleanROM Inheritance. He completely rebuilt it from a new Asus base by hand from the ground up. Extracting the rom and kernel, deblobbing, decompiling each and every apk to make it deodex ready, recompiling and rebuilding all the tweaks by hand and then testing and adding updated apks, etc. It has been all UPHILL From There !!!

Sbdags has taken this somewhat small project and turned it into a monster of a ROM ( in a good way ) The original idea was to base this ROM off the Asus stock one and keep it as close to stock as possible whilst also adding many new features and fixing a ton of code that Asus had screwed up AND keep it small in size. Sbdags has done this and more. Plus he updates like a madman. If there is any little issue with a release, you can bet he will have a fix for it within 24 hours. I do not think Sbdags is 100% human ... I also believe he never sleeps. :D ... Now that we have this awesome ROM ( in both a DEODEXED & ODEXED version ) and most of us are seeing Quadrant scores well over 7000, what could possibly be next ?? ...... Just wait and see what he has planned :D

• CleanROM Inheritance is targeted towards the user that wants a ROM with the ability to pick and choose the options they want! •
    • CleanROM Inheritance is tuned for performance and built for stability! •
    • CleanROM Inheritance is true to stock in looks! (subject to change) •
    • CleanROM Inheritance can be provisioned for US and non US – World Wide (WW) edition during install. •

For a FULL LIST OF FEATURES, AND THE FULL ROM DOWNLOAD SEE THE DEVELOPER'S RELEASE THREAD HERE

2pqwgi9.jpg

CleanRomInheritanceScreenie.jpg

Performance Mode with fsync disabled and force GPU:

CleanROMInheritancePerformance2.jpg

WELCOME TO SBDAGS OFFICIAL CLEANROM INHERITANCE GUIDE / HELP / Q&A THREAD

This is the place where we ease the burden on sbdags and utilize open source for its intended purpose ... to help one another for FREE !!
    Please ask your questions regarding ROM issues here. If we can not figure it out, they will be forwarded to the master.
    While this is an open thread there are a few rules:

1. If you're NEW - Stop what you are doing and go thank Sbdags ..... He has done more for our device then anyone could ever of imagined !!

2. READ!!!!! and when you think you've read enough .... READ it again.

3. No complaining about tweaks the DEV built into the ROM. More than likely it is just eye candy which is easily removed. Personally, most enjoy the eye candy and is what separates DEVs from each other.
      Remember, they do this for us for free and could easily dev their rom as they like it and share it with no one. If you do not like something, o.k. i'll say it i.e. flames, just read up on how to change it.

4. Do not mention how much you love some other rom and are going back .... just go back. At this point we already know you must work for ASUS ;).

5. For specific issue's regarding this thread or you have found an error in some step or if you found something we should add or replace in the OP or if you just find something that has helped and want to
      say thank you, please submit via xda PM to myself THiBOR69 or THATSOK so we can keep the thread clean and reader friendly.

6. If you like certain themes, apps, apps that created an issue, etc. you can post here with screen shots. Let's open it up a bit but please stay on task.

7. No question is a stupid question. Please feel free to ask anything relating to the ROM. A silly question to one person, might be a very important question for a newer user. For those here that are more familiar with ROMs and development, please show patience with new users"

2pqwgi9.jpg
    2pqwgi9.jpg

Here we go..................
    XDA member 'Thats OK' gets full credit for this awesome guide !!

For those wanting to move their Infinity to a whole new world here's how to.
    Create a folder on your Windows PC and place in an easy to find location.
    Place all downloads from this guide into that folder organized by your preference.
    Flashing a custom ROM for some of us can be a bit intimidating so here are a couple ways to get there:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In order to flash your Infinity from the stock ROM to a custom version it is necessary to unlock the tablet.
    There is currently no way around this.
    Get the ASUS Unlock tool
    The Asus website can be little slow.
    Select Android OS then utilities and the V7 unlock tool is first on the drop down.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Verify debug is selected enter settings\select\Developer options\tick\USB debugging\then close settings.

Debug.jpg

Connect your tablet to a windows desktop PC using the tablets charging cable to an available USB port on your Windows PC.
    Once unlock is accomplished recovery utility can be used to install the custom recovery on the Infinity.

Scotts%20tool.JPG

(I did this recently to flash TWRP 2.3.3.0 to my tab) Details are here
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If not rooted in Jellybean ADB\Fastboot (click here to get it) must be used to push a recovery installation.

Fastboot.JPG

(To open a command window shift+right mouse click inside the fastboot folder)

Tablet%20Fboot%281%29.JPG

(Fastboot on tablet to get here shut down-press hold volume down plus power button-then volume down twice-then volume +)
    **Remember to connect thru USB

ADB\Fastboot Guide

Download either CWM download image file here or TWRP (click here to get the blob file)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To flash TWRP:
    Save it to the root of your /sdcard directly (internal memory only) and rename it to twrp.blob
    Launch terminal emulator (from within Android) or connect to your computer and open an adb shell, then type the following:
    Su
    dd if=/sdcard/twrp.blob of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4
    Then reboot to complete installation.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    When the Custom Recovery install of your choice has finished the ROM flash will be quite easy.
    Shut your Infinity down (off condition.)
    Next press the volume down rocker button and hold while pressing the power button (both at the same time.)
    Release power button while continuing to hold volume down.
    Your tablet should boot into the custom recovery screen.

The CWM and TWRP screens are pretty self explanatory.

From here it's a matter of downloading CROMi or your choice of another fine ROM.
    Saving the downloaded file to the root of your tablet (just for simplicity.)
    Booting back to the recovery screen:
    Use back-up within recovery
    Tapping the install option...making choices from the installer
    Reboot to system
    ...and Voila Profit!
    *Remember you must be on the JellyBean bootloader for CROMi 3.xx
    Useful utilities:
    Android SDK-Windows
    SDK-MacOS
    SuperSU by Chainfire
    MD5 Checker
    RootChecker
    Goomanager

The following video was created by XDA member SAUGSTAUBER.
    It is a slightly different way to get the same results as written above.
    This will work for CROMI 3.x also, just don't forget
    you must be on the JellyBean bootloader for CROMi 3.xx

Video credit goes to: SAUGSTAUBER

Hopefully this guide will provide enough info to get the new user started.
    If any of it is too confusing, incorrect or if there are any helpful shortcuts or tips, please PM the OP with the appropriate changes.
    We will be happy to add or change. This is a work in progress for the benefit of everyone.

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN TO THE AUTHORS OF THIS THREAD : "THiBOR69" / "THATS OK" / SBDAGS
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

A couple useful Android links worth reading once:
    Anti Virus on Android ? : Click Me :
    Deodexing Explained + How To : Click Me :
    Optimizing Battery Life & Speed : Click Me :
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Warnings:
    * We are NOT responsible for any damage caused to your device by using these tutorials or any information that is presented to you for your consideration to apply to your device. Use them at your OWN risk.
    DEODEX & ODEX more info on what it is.

Would also like to know the difference between ODEX and DEODEX. If someone has to time to explain or post a link that explains the differences between Odexed and Deodexed roms it would be appreciated..

Cheers Q

Hey Marci4na and Quozl,
    Sorry for the late reply, but I thought I would post this info in case you or anyone else that needed more info... ( plus I am bored atm lol )

2pqwgi9.jpg

part01_zps1280e214.jpg

part02_zpsb0203ba9.jpg

part03_zps3939b402.jpg

2pqwgi9.jpg

I hope this clears things up a bit for people. I will probably add it to OP soon.
    If any of you "experts" (which I am not) see any wrong info, please PM me.

Cheers All !!
    Thibor69

Thanks to WugFresh for the help, and and Crypto for some corrections
    Buffer page ........

for more info as needed....
    Whoa!
    It's arrived!
    :good:

Yes phew..... so much time on such a small project. Now lets hope people will trickle in and some of the bigger names here help out :good:

Thanks to you guys ....

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to the following people for their much appreciated following of this thread
    and helping people, here in our CROMI help thread. I have been very busy with "real life" ... I am working 6 days
    a week, between 10 - 12 hours a day. Then I volunter at our church for 5 hours every Sunday. I hope to return to
    a normal schedule soon and be able to help out more in this thread.

For now tho I want to give out a huge THANK YOU to these guys:

• Sbdags (of course)
    • _That
    • Buhohitr
    • Thats OK

Keep up the good work you guys (if you have the time).

If I missed someone, I am truly sorry, but your help is also much appreciated.

Cheers :highfive:
    THiBOR69