USB Storage slow in OS (Recovery USB Mount fast as usual)

Search This thread

Gurkenbeat

Nov 11, 2010
Hey,
if i connect my Phone while in the OS and want o transfer some data it is around 1-2 mb/s, kinda slow i guess. If i transfer data whil in de twrp (usb mount) it transfers with ~20mb/s. How come ? or how do i get the transfer speed up in the os (newest cm stable version 11.something )

evanprice

Apr 13, 2013
Milwaukee
Hey,
if i connect my Phone while in the OS and want o transfer some data it is around 1-2 mb/s, kinda slow i guess. If i transfer data whil in de twrp (usb mount) it transfers with ~20mb/s. How come ? or how do i get the transfer speed up in the os (newest cm stable version 11.something )

Sometimes it goes slower in the OS because there are so many processes running

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

TheEndHK

Apr 25, 2011
Hey,

TWRP uses USB Mass Storage while android 4.1.1 or above uses MTP mode it is much slower than Mass Storage method but the good side is you can access the storage both way at the same time(mobile and PC).

Gurkenbeat

Nov 11, 2010
TWRP uses USB Mass Storage while android 4.1.1 or above uses MTP mode it is much slower than Mass Storage method but the good side is you can access the storage both way at the same time(mobile and PC).

hmmm, well id like to get the full speed while beeing connected via usb to my computer. how can i do that ?