[SOLVED] HTC Touch Input 2.1 .cab

Search This thread

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
please anyonehi all, this may seem a ridiculous question, but does anyone have the htc keyboard 2.1 cab with arrows? i have looked everywhere on ths forum,can't seem to find one! i have the version 2.0, but that does not offer improved landscape support and better arrangement of keys. i have tried downloading some on these forums and google search but they dont work and freezez my phone and i have to hard reset. i also have used a few roms, they include version 2.1, but unfortunately the rom doesn't suit my needs.
also is there any way to actually get the keyboard button to vibrate then you tap them?, is there perhaps any registry hack? pleaded could someone please post working cab version for our devices!
cheers!

Hi to just finish off on this post, i have solved this problem wayyy back in September, but thought i'd like to share with you all the .cab :)
credits to brainmaster (acer s200 forum)
Works fine, just install + soft reboot .

p.s - if you find this useful, pls hit the Thanks Button !!

Last edited:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
please anyonehi all, this may seem a ridiculous question, but does anyone have the htc keyboard 2.1 cab with arrows? i have looked everywhere on ths forum,can't seem to find one! i have the version 2.0, but that does not offer improved landscape support and better arrangement of keys. i have tried downloading some on these forums and google search but they dont work and freezez my phone and i have to hard reset. i also have used a few roms, they include version 2.1, but unfortunately the rom doesn't suit my needs.
also is there any way to actually get the keyboard button to vibrate then you tap them?, is there perhaps any registry hack? pleaded could someone please post working cab version for our devices!
cheers!

any news please?

ALcAtRas500

Jan 14, 2010
Ravensburg
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
This version i have cooked in, (Before install only) and it works in landscape mode. Vibrate is not worked but i have enabled ClickSound. I have upload 1 witch clicksoundenabled and one normal with nothing.

Greets ALcAtRas

Attachments

• HTCKeyboard.cab
    3 MB · Views: 265
  • HTCKeyboardClickSoundEnabled.cab
    3 MB · Views: 86

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
This version i have cooked in, (Before install only) and it works in landscape mode. Vibrate is not worked but i have enabled ClickSound. I have upload 1 witch clicksoundenabled and one normal with nothing.

Greets ALcAtRas

thank you very much for your help, but unfortunately, both versions you have are the old version i already have 2.0, thank for your help anyway :)

gromky

Feb 15, 2009
Zhejiang
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=693907

Try that cab. It says it is for a specific phone, but it should work on any HTC phone. It uses Chinese, but if you don't need it then just switch to English mode and forget Chinese. Install on the internal memory, and don't forget that it's official HTC software, not regular software: uninstall requires a hard reset.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
but this version you can youse landscape.

Sorry if i didnt make myself clear. My version i have DOES support landscape mode, BUT the arrangement if keys arent as advanced as the newer version (on the hd2) and other cooked roms. That is version 2.1, the main update being improved support of landscape and newer word dictionary. Thanks alcataras for your help and contributin anyway!
Anyone else please?

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=693907

Try that cab. It says it is for a specific phone, but it should work on any HTC phone. It uses Chinese, but if you don't need it then just switch to English mode and forget Chinese. Install on the internal memory, and don't forget that it's official HTC software, not regular software: uninstall requires a hard reset.

Sorry didnt see this reply! Im not really willingbto go for a hard reset done too many recently, im trying to keep a permnanent rom! However i am keen to try it, if you could please verify that it works 100% on our tg01 in ENGLISH with no bugs? Cheers!

gromky

Feb 15, 2009
Zhejiang
Sorry didnt see this reply! Im not really willingbto go for a hard reset done too many recently, im trying to keep a permnanent rom! However i am keen to try it, if you could please verify that it works 100% on our tg01 in ENGLISH with no bugs? Cheers!

Well, as I don't have that phone, it's impossible to verify. However, it is official HTC software so should work on any phone. The hard reset is only if you decide that you want to uninstall - it's system software so uninstalling it leaves your phone with no way to input words, so the system won't boot. It's the best solution available.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
I have actually solved this problem months ago, i have found the working cab. i will change title post, and attach cab to OP

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
cheers!

oly please attention!
Hi to just finish off on this post, i have solved this problem wayyy back in September, but thought i'd like to share with you all the .cab :)

please attention!

if you use a SENSE Rom with installed HTC Keyboard and you install a another HTC Keyboard = your phone will not boot! the only solution= hardReset!

before install a another HTC Keyboard, install
Default InputMethod (select your default Keyboard when WinMo starts) and select a other keyboard as standard (not htc keyboard) then install htc keyboard

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
please attention!

if you use a SENSE Rom with installed HTC Keyboard and you install a another HTC Keyboard = your phone will not boot! the only solution= hardReset!

before install a another HTC Keyboard, install
Default InputMethod (select your default Keyboard when WinMo starts) and select a other keyboard as standard (not htc keyboard) then install htc keyboard

yeh, if you have another ROM with Htc keyboard in it, and you install it your phone won't boot. but that is with oem software. this is custom modded. It will not brick your phone. Anyway, why would anyone want to install this HTC keyboard over another HTC keyboard? :p It will set itself as the default keyboard anyway so it is all ready to go. The only thing that doesnt work is vibration.

Last edited:

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
yeh, if you have another ROM with Htc keyboard in it, and you install it your phone won't boot. but that is with oem software. this is custom modded. It will not brick your phone. Anyway, why would anyone want to install this HTC keyboard over another HTC keyboard? :p It will set itself as the default keyboard anyway so it is all ready to go. The only thing that doesnt work is vibration.

ok. if you say, that is better as the orginal 2.1, then i cook this version in my sense rom´s!
thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cheers!