HTC Sense 4.0 General Discussion

Search This thread

shba

Jan 1, 2011
not enough added vaule over regular ics now before it was much better. when stock android was trash

Zeitraffer

Jan 19, 2012
I really don't like this dropbox feature and all the other cloud functions.
Why should I stash my data somewhere else?
I'm able to keep it safely to myself, without some system looking into my files.

I hope it leaks for DHD anyway.

Is there a chance?

djolebih

Dec 25, 2011
I'm able to keep it safely to myself, without some system looking into my files.

Is there a chance?

Probably not since its ICS based and there still hasn't been an official ICS release for DHD. Probably won't be at all. Devs from XDA will make it happen however so it doesn't really matter.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester

Is there a chance?
You don't have to use the cloud storage feature. At least you have an option to use it if you want to ;)

loni90

Feb 8, 2010
SWEDEN
Question:
How is ics 4.0.3 running on the DHD running today? All working as it should, or does it have glitches, or some other errors? Smooth, or can it be choppy sometimes?
Please, give me an honest feedback - not "oh its fantastic" or something similar..

Btw.. have you checked the link on my signature? If not, do so - and hit thanks ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

sahhar1993

Jan 25, 2010
tebessa
People that are worrying about slow UI, its early build also the soc on that is an s4 soc normal frequency at 1.5 to 1.7 ghz krait core, the newest ones that have adreno 225 yes 225 performance is better than current devices I think adreno 225 freq is at 400mhz, yup its a s4 soc

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA App

Adreno 220 inside the MSM8660 or MSM8260 (1.2 GHz-1.5 GHz+1MB L2 Cache) with single channel memory. It supports OpenGL ES 2.0, OpenGL ES 1.1, OpenVG 1.1, EGL 1.3, Direct3D Mobile,DirectX 9.0c, SVGT 1.2, Direct Draw and GDI.88M/Triangles Per Second,2.4Gpixels Per Second.(Standart Clock Speed Up To 266MHz,Overclock up to 400MHz)

clouds5

Feb 8, 2011
ATM i'm completely 100% happy with Android 2.3.5 on Sense 3.5 Runny rom (see sig).

Its completely smooth, has great battery life (2days with my usage), looks beautiful and is very nice to use with added tweaks and configurable quicksettings.

If i will ever put ICS on my DHD then it will be vanilla ICS or any other good AOSP rom, like CM9. But only if it would be 100% stable with great camera app and all the tweaks added that my current rom has (stuff like lower autobrightness etc).
I think ICS looks great and i really wish HTC would give us an option to use stock ICS if we choose to. At least on their new phones.

Reactions: ondrikcz

found.pra

Jan 13, 2012
New Delhi
Question:
How is ics 4.0.3 running on the DHD running today? All working as it should, or does it have glitches, or some other errors? Smooth, or can it be choppy sometimes?
Please, give me an honest feedback - not "oh its fantastic" or something similar..

Btw.. have you checked the link on my signature? If not, do so - and hit thanks ;)

Its not as smooth as people are pretending it is. Obviously not for all the daily uses ... Camera has glitches, battery drain is high. Some random reboots. Don't have working FM.

Overall ICE Cold sandwich is one project i am closely following and trying there every release, it really good for early releases, but as I said still not a daily customer.

;)

djolebih

Dec 25, 2011
Stock ICS lags like hell, and while it may be true that every build is getting smoother, it still has its issues. But given the fact folks are working without a source for DHD, it's ok. It's coming along pretty good.

As for Sense 4.0, the One V RUU should be a good base for DHD, but then again, being a new phone with hardware changes, I wouldn't expect much.

araisikewai

Apr 11, 2009
As for Sense 4.0, the One V RUU should be a good base for DHD, but then again, being a new phone with hardware changes, I wouldn't expect much.

Well, the only hardware changes between One V and DHD that I know of is their camera, One V only has 5MPix instead of DHD 8MPix camera. That can be fixed with porting camera apps out of One S instead. But I'm not quite sure about their new low-light sensor, is it a hardware sensor, or just software like how a pseudo HDR might behave? Same goes with One X/S camera quick snap. Is it just software fix or if it ties directly to the hardware?

And of course the One line has 3 hardware button instead of DHD's 4.

All the others from One V shouldn't pose much problem for porting.

Edit: Bad news guys... there's no way anyone can port Sense 4 from One V because One V got Sense 3.6 instead... T__T
Source: http://androidandme.com/2012/03/new...mple-philosophy-with-sense-4-and-new-devices/

Last edited:

djolebih

Dec 25, 2011
Reactions: araisikewai

araisikewai

Apr 11, 2009
http://www.htc.com/www/smartphones/htc-one-v/#specs

Somehow I tend to believe the official specs then some speculation out there. Besides, I've seen it running Sense 4.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA App

Well thanks for the clarification, got buried by all the media frenzy makes me forgot to check the most logical sources, engadget and CNET has been saying it's going to be sense 4 as well, so... it's my bad...

Anyhow, I think the only main problem for porting Sense 4 to DHD is going to be the camera, sources says that HTC is using a separate image processing chip for camera sensor, so that makes it a hardware enhancement instead of software enhancement ala beats audio. Well we just have to see for ourself when the ROM starts to trickle out of the devs... :)

djolebih

Dec 25, 2011
Camera does use a separate chip in One X/S. Not in the V model. One V is very close to DHD in specs, obviously newer hardware, but very similar. One V however does not have the 3D rosie effects and many other things have been made light for it to function.

As for stock ICS, I consider it very ugly but very functional too. Stock Android has never been fun to begin with, but on the other hand Sense has been too bloated and cluttered, not very functional. Seems like HTC has gone to a very minimalistic style with Sense 4.
Obviously porting to DHD will take a lot of effort and skill.
Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA

DeltaHF

Mar 5, 2012
udine
Just see the vid and think that the recent apps wich also a task killer is great ! The feature i love of this is the swip up to close :)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

karthics4

Aug 1, 2010
London
about.me
5ac25ede-0414-f10a.jpg
Just updated to sense 4.0 via OTA update from provider

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts