[Q] Am I Hard Bricked, or is this bootloop fixable?

Search This thread

cdavid469

May 19, 2009
I was on 4.4.2, rooted, with safestrap. In a moment of stupidity I attempted to do a factory data reset from the main phone GUI. The phone powers on, says booting recovery in blue above the custom samsung logo, then powers off, and repeats this process enlessly. I have attempted to get into download mode, but to no avail thus far. What are my options, will a usb job (dongle) help, is there an sd card unbrick.img? What can I do?

denpth

Nov 9, 2011
I had the same issue a bit back. Pull out your battery and put it back in. Hold volume down and the home hard key while powering on device and continue to hold. Then proceed for download mode. Flash the .pit to restore your partitions should be able to get safe strap back on next boot and flash yourself a system to boot. Unless you never actually erased it (my case). I'll keep an eye on this thread for your progress.

cdavid469

May 19, 2009
I had the same issue a bit back. Pull out your battery and put it back in. Hold volume down and the home hard key while powering on device and continue to hold. Then proceed for download mode. Flash the .pit to restore your partitions should be able to get safe strap back on next boot and flash yourself a system to boot. Unless you never actually erased it (my case). I'll keep an eye on this thread for your progress.

to flash the .pit in odin what should be checked

Recovery Boot Loop after rooted KitKat

I had a similar problem... tried to reboot into recovery & has a continual reboot to recovery.

- pulled the battery
- booted to Download Mode
- used ODIN to FLASH .pit - then rebooted

then my problem was completely fixed

Thanks

denpth

Nov 9, 2011
That post has the new recovery in it which resolves the issue you had. It won't happen again if you flash it. Not full NC4 but baseband and recovery and you will stay NC 2 otherwise. Highly recommended.

Reactions: First_N_Last

Top Liked Posts