Rogers V20C KDZ, Megatron root exploit, torrent file HERE !

Search This thread

dwaynedman

Dec 26, 2010
Jackson
Most of you should probably know how to use torrent files I would assume, so here are a couple of links. Everything I found on stock roms for thrill were dead links......This is Not ! Will be alive for a long time...

This link is a very large file....It has all flash tools, drivers, V20C kdz, V18E.fls, V10E.fls, Super 1 click, Megatron, thrill recovery manager, Froyo_GB file....Instructions, links, etc..

File size is about 862.8 MB

http://extratorrent.com/torrent/2635438/
This link is for V20C KDZ file, GB Root exploit, Drivers and Instructions ONLY !!

File size is 429.75mb

http://extratorrent.com/torrent/2633977/

Thank You and Please Seed after downloading
Dman

Last edited:

Kaleptik

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2009
www.acidhazardrom.com
SUPER quick question.

Why would a torrent be needed for this? :?
A typical .kdz file is about 300 - 450 MB.
The flashing tools I provide are less than 50 MB as well...

Also, this is the wrong section. :?

Reactions: Rampage771

dwaynedman

Dec 26, 2010
Jackson
Super long answer

No reason that a torrent is needed i guess.....
Except for the fact that there are so many dead links
to all of these files... Mediafire, megaupload etc... are so
unreliable. Even in these forums there are links to the V20C kdz
that are "dead". Stock Froyo rom/baseband was almost impossible
for me to find.

This to me is just an easy reliable way to have everything in 1
package. Alot of the upload sites that I found also had limits
to the package size, torrents do not. Torrent files download
much faster than direct downloads if the file is healthy and
people seed as they should !! The second torrent has been
downloaded about 40 times already ! So apparently it is being
used and is necessary. Granted, the first file is rather large
and should probably be redone as i left Compressed and
un-compressed duplicate folders in the torrent, and it is probably
7-800 Mb larger than it needs to be.....

If you still see no reason for this, I will take them down.. LMK

Thanks,
Dwayne

Kaleptik

Jun 3, 2009
www.acidhazardrom.com
I understand it, however, my Mediafire is a payed account, so files will stay up.
You can keep the files up if you'd like. I just don't think the 1.8GB file is a reasonable download, when the tools I provide and download .kdz file is about 4 times smaller.

dwaynedman

Dec 26, 2010
Jackson
You are correct, I am going to modify the first link, as it is an unnecessary file size. but, does not include just 1 Kdz, it includes stock Froyo, V20C Kdz, recovery manager, Flash Tools, Megatron, Super 1 click, links etc.... But yes I doubled the filesize by not deleting all of the Zip files first.... should be bout' 900 MB

Also, props on your biohazard Rom, I am running this on the V20C, and it is so fast and stable it is not even funny. Battery lasts me 18 hours of heavy use...WI-Fi, Angry birds, texting and phone calls... A+++ for Lestat

As well, I am not really talking about your account, as I found all links worked.
Mostly links like this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1270832 were hard to use because everything is dead and should be modified or taken down. Please check it out !!

Thanks again,
Dwayne

Last edited:

Kaleptik

Jun 3, 2009
www.acidhazardrom.com
You are correct, I am going to modify the first link, as it is an unnecessary file size. but, does not include just 1 Kdz, it includes stock Froyo, V20C Kdz, recovery manager, Flash Tools, Megatron, Super 1 click, links etc.... But yes I doubled the filesize by not deleting all of the Zip files first.... should be bout' 900 MB

Also, props on your biohazard Rom, I am running this on the V20C, and it is so fast and stable it is not even funny. Battery lasts me 18 hours of heavy use...WI-Fi, Angry birds, texting and phone calls... A+++ for Lestat

As well, I am not really talking about your account, as I found all links worked.
Mostly links like this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1270832 were hard to use because everything is dead and should be modified or taken down. Please check it out !!

Thanks again,
Dwayne

Now that sounds about right. Is the stock Froyo a .kdz file, .bin file, or a ClockworkMod .zip?

Thank you! I spent forever on it. Haha.

Oh! I have that file hosted as well. I suppose I should add that to my Guides/Tools thread.

dwaynedman

Dec 26, 2010
Jackson
Stock Froyo is A .bin .FLS file..

I also have one that says "stock froyo update rooted" and
has some kind if an .IMG file in it... so you know what that is ??

Thanks,
Dwayne

dwaynedman

Dec 26, 2010
Jackson
Yeah, something happened at Extratorrent this afternoon. There server went down or something to that affect. All links should be back up by tomorrow.

Thanks,
Dman

Reactions: Rampage771

SithLord2K

Jan 17, 2011
Niagara Falls
Most of you should probably know how to use torrent files I would assume, so here are a couple of links. Everything I found on stock roms for thrill were dead links......This is Not ! Will be alive for a long time...

This link is a very large file....It has all flash tools, drivers, V20C kdz, V18E.fls, V10E.fls, Super 1 click, Megatron, thrill recovery manager, Froyo_GB file....Instructions, links, etc..

This link is for V20C KDZ file, GB Root exploit, Drivers and Instructions ONLY !!

File size is 429.75mb

Dman

The main problem I see with using a torrent file is that not many people seed them. I personally will not seed a torrent file as I will not use my bandwidth to allow others to download. I prefer Direct Download links myself

dwaynedman

Dec 26, 2010
Jackson
That is a good point, but I did put these up around a time when alot of direct download links were not working. People were asking where to download them so I decided to help.

On a large file, it takes forever unless you pay for direct download services.
On a torrent file you do not have to be a premium member to take advantage of
full download speed capabilities.

Just a matter of preference I guess, as I can seed out at almost 1 Mbps and not be punished for using bandwidth.

Thanks,
dwayne

pandaball

Oct 18, 2011
Ahh. I have no idea how to use a .bin & .fls file.
I like .kdz files a lot better.

The boot.img file contains the kernel.

The .bin and .fls files have to be flashed using SmartFlash. .kdz files are just the .bin and .fls packaged together and encrypted. Since the .bin and .fls files are unencrypted, you can modify the firmware as you see fit using WinHex and flash it using the Smartflash tool.

Reactions: dwaynedman

SithLord2K

Jan 17, 2011
Niagara Falls
That is a good point, but I did put these up around a time when alot of direct download links were not working. People were asking where to download them so I decided to help.

On a large file, it takes forever unless you pay for direct download services.
On a torrent file you do not have to be a premium member to take advantage of
full download speed capabilities.

Just a matter of preference I guess, as I can seed out at almost 1 Mbps and not be punished for using bandwidth.

Thanks,
dwayne

That's great that you have that kind of bandwidth available. I'm supposed to have up to 1Mbps up but only see 512Kbps at most uploading. I can download like a rocket but up is really slow for me. I like to use Dropbox for posting Direct Downloads. You can download pretty quick without having to pay.

Reactions: dwaynedman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

File size is 429.75mb

Dman
    SUPER quick question.

Why would a torrent be needed for this? :?
    A typical .kdz file is about 300 - 450 MB.
    The flashing tools I provide are less than 50 MB as well...

Also, this is the wrong section. :?
    Stock Froyo is A .bin .FLS file..

I also have one that says "stock froyo update rooted" and
    has some kind if an .IMG file in it... so you know what that is ??

Thanks,
    Dwayne

Yeah, something happened at Extratorrent this afternoon. There server went down or something to that affect. All links should be back up by tomorrow.

Thanks,
    Dman

The .bin and .fls files have to be flashed using SmartFlash. .kdz files are just the .bin and .fls packaged together and encrypted. Since the .bin and .fls files are unencrypted, you can modify the firmware as you see fit using WinHex and flash it using the Smartflash tool.