[Android 2.2+] MissedIt! -Text-based notifications for missed calls/SMS/e-mails/apps

Do you own a Peeble smartwatch?

• Yes, I already own it!

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • No, but I'm planning to buy one.

Votes: 18 19.8%
  • No, and I'm not interested.

Votes: 62 68.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Cannot reproduce the error...

No FC's so far! :D Nice, and I really like the added option for your Gmail, now I can finally read them on my pc and they dissapear right away from Missed It

Top!

Edit: Did find a bug! If you read you unread mail on your pc the notification text dissapears. However, if you click MissedIt it will still take you to Gmail instead of doing nothing. If there's another notification, for example Whatsapp, and it only shows that line, if you click it you still have to choose between Gmail and Whatsapp. Is it possible that the full notification is removed from MissedIt after the text dissapears?

Tirozz

Jul 9, 2011
I'm not using MissedIt! these days, but this was a long time issue that was around at least up until I got my GNex 60 days ago.

A notification and the related test display clear properly but the tap action still sees it in the queue, so to speak.

Exactly this :)

Was the Gmail problem mentioned above related to the .xml file? I get '1 mail' message, but when I click it, it shows both the 'fixed' Gmail account with realtime updates as the 'old' Gmail account for me.

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
May not be related, but tomorrow I expect to upload a new version which (among other things) fixes the problem of applications not showed on the monitored elements list but still 'there'.

Exactly this :)

Was the Gmail problem mentioned above related to the .xml file? I get '1 mail' message, but when I click it, it shows both the 'fixed' Gmail account with realtime updates as the 'old' Gmail account for me.

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Version 3.1.1 is now on Google Play

Changelog

New: Option to select how to handle application notifications that are reporting multiple events in the same notification: Count as single event, count all events or use as new counter value. If an application is reporting a wrong number of notifications, try changing this value.
Fixed: Tapping on Facebook notifications opened the Facebook camera instead of the main app. You will need to remove and then add again Facebook to Monitored Elements.
Misc: Gmail accounts monitoring seems to fail on some devices. I'm working on an additional alternative method, but in the meanwhile you can still monitor Gmail as an application.
Misc: Added Italian translation.

doclucas

Jan 10, 2009
I added Whatsapp.
It shows:
Parameter: whatsapp
Singular: %c WhatsApp notification
Plural: %c WhatsApp notifications
Multiple events behavior: Count all events

But it always shows me "0 WhatsApp notifications"
All others (missed calls, unread messages and even the unread emails which I set to "Enhanced Email" instead of Gmail) work fine.
Am I doing something wrong? Any way to fix this?

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Use the "Report problem" option in the app, so I can have more info about your current configuration, please.

I added Whatsapp.
It shows:

All others (missed calls, unread messages and even the unread emails which I set to "Enhanced Email" instead of Gmail) work fine.

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
I just answered your mail.

I added Whatsapp.
It shows:

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Oops!

I forgot to uncomment a line in code, and that was causing new applications added to a widget not being monitored (applications already present were not affected).

So version 3.1.2 is now live on Google Play. My apologies!

Reactions: doclucas

bdelcamp

Mar 12, 2010
Thanks for the fix! I had just bought this and was having the same issue.

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

SYRE123

Apr 16, 2012
Stockholm
I'm running Missed It! 3.1.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 2.3.4). And ever since that update I've been having some troubles with it.

I have one widget on my lockscreen that seems to work right now. But I can't start Missed It!. Everytime I get the message "The process net.igecelabs.android.misseditfor the program Missed It! was stopped. Try again" (something like that, running another language).

I've sent a report but was hoping someone in there could give some hints about what's up. Thanks for an awesome app, hope I can get some help with this :)

igece

Aug 5, 2010
Alcorcón (Madrid)
igecelabs.net
Please be sure that you have updated Gmail app to the latest version, and then reinstall Missed It!.

I'm running Missed It! 3.1.2 on my Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 2.3.4). And ever since that update I've been having some troubles with it.

I have one widget on my lockscreen that seems to work right now. But I can't start Missed It!. Everytime I get the message "The process net.igecelabs.android.misseditfor the program Missed It! was stopped. Try again" (something like that, running another language).

I've sent a report but was hoping someone in there could give some hints about what's up. Thanks for an awesome app, hope I can get some help with this :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MissedIt!
    Text-based notification widget for missed calls/SMS/e-mails/apps

Link to the app on Google Play

Get information about the number of missed calls, unread SMS, unread e-mail messages and notifications from virtually any application a glance with this simple yet very customizable widget. You can use it with any lockscreen replacement app to access all this information without need to unlock your phone.

Missed It! must be enabled as an Accessibility Service to be able to receive application notifications ('Settings » Accessibility » Accessibility services'). If enabled and application notifications not detected, try disabling and then re-enabling.

Requirements
    • Android version 2.2 and up.

Features

• Reports number of missed calls, unread SMS and pending voicemails.
    • If you use Gmail or K-9 Mail, you can obtain the number of unread messages of each account individually. In the case of Gmail, you can also select which label to monitor.
    • Also reports notifications from any application that uses the notification bar to report events (including WhatsApp, Tweetdeck, e-mail clients, etc).
    • Customization of font and background color and transparency. Also font faces (can use fonts stored in external SD card) and styles (bold, italic, underline).
    • Customization of the layout (alignments, margins, etc).
    • Text messages can be customized to show whatever phrase you want.
    • Represent numbers as text.
    • Resizable widget on ICS. With previous Android versions, there are multiple widget sizes available (user can select which sizes appears in widget list).

-- PERMISSIONS USED --

READ_PHONE_STATE, to get the voicemail state.
    CALL_PHONE, to directly call to voicemail if there is any pending message.
    Hi all,

Missed It! has no received any update in weeks, but that not means I'm not working on it. I plan to release a new update (v3) before Christmas, featuring some important changes:

• Totally redesigned interface.
    • Support for multiple widgets, each of them with its custom configuration settings.
    • Better support to configure Accessibility Settings and detect configuration problems.

Also, the format for the output string will change. Until now, each monitored item used two different parameters/placeholders, one for the number of notifications and another for the description string ([param] and [param_str]). From now, there will be only one placeholder [param] for each monitored item. In the singular and plural forms editboxes, you will be able to enter different variables that will be replaced with their corresponding values.

As an example, for monitoring missed calls now you will use one placeholder [calls] and in it's configuration, the singular will look something similar to 'You have %c missed call' and the plural to 'You have %c missed calls'. When any of these string is displayed, the %c variable will be replaced with the current number of missed calls.

I think this change will add more flexibility when configuring each monitored element, an also the readability of the custom output string (removing too much [...] [...] items from it), but I need your opinions about this.

And at last (but not least), I've started to use the collaborative tool Crowdin.net to help with translations. If you are interested, you can join at http://crowdin.net/project/missed-it and help in the translation of the application to your language.
    Please, how do I fix this? I already set parameters, I thought, I just can't figure out how to make it work (it worked before the update).

Open the program settings
    Select - Output format
    Select - Accounts
    If you see nothing, hit the hard menu key and add your account(s)
    Select the account and click on parameter
    Remember this value or change it to something unique (example: Account1)

Go back once

Select - Customize

Now use the accounts value instead of mails

EXAMPLE:
    [Account1] [Account1_str] instead of [mails][mails_str]

EXAMPLE FOR 2 ACCOUNTS
    [Account1] [Account1_str] [nl] [Account2] [Account2_str]
    I have found those 2 photo's on missedIt! market page,and i have a question:

how can i set those two widget with weather and toggle???

i can't find those things..any idea?

24o26ba.jpg

2pyuavd.jpg

Hey dude. The first one is my screenshot. I use Beautiful Widgets 1x1 weather, then I have added Simi Folder with custom icon. The toggles are Extended Controls widget. Just put enough columns on Widgetlocker and those widgets side by side.
    Ok, I've uploaded the app again and now all seems to be ok.

Was a problem with the generated .apk. Sorry for the inconveniences.