[GUIDE] Installing Windows 8 using USB Drive and Dual Booting on Windows 7

Search This thread

Nullstring

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net

Please lower the volume down. I'ts a little bit noisy. Thanks.

In this video, I am going to install Windows 8 from using UltraISO, to installing Windows 8 in continuous 46 minutes video. There will be some little captions telling what I'm trying to do or what I was doing.

so I'll be showing:
- UltraISO
  • selecting ISO
  • writing files from ISO to USB drive
- Selecting USB to boot
- Installing Windows 8
- Showing the dual boot screen
- Seting up the Windows 8 for the firstime
- Seting up my dual monitor in Windows 8
- Playing with the apps and features
  • IE
  • Video
  • Music
  • Pictures
  • Messaging
  • Mail
- Enabling Administrator mode
- Installing my System Power application
- Showing who boots faster

via: jaysonragasa.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Et3rnal and luba6ky
I tired to install windows 8 by way of usb flash drive method. I got as far as to which drive i wanted to install windows 8 on i have 2 hard drives 1 tb and a 1.5tb i formatted both drives thinking this program was gonna install then the install failed said something about being unable to install. I was pissed off then i had to reinstall windows 7 Ultimate all over again. My flash drives are 16GB and a 4Gb and the 16GB had the windows 8 software on it.

Last edited:

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
Not sure, but the Microsoft Windows 7 USB Download Utility works fine. A couple of clicks and done :)

It's always good when members make video tutorials though :good:

That never worked for me. I always look for an easy way of doing things but it keeps failing so I end up doing the long way, but I think it's much safer and at least you know what's happening.

I tired to install windows 8 by way of usb flash drive method. I got as far as to which drive i wanted to install windows 8 on i have 2 hard drives 1 tb and a 1.5tb i formatted both drives thinking this program was gonna install then the install failed said something about being unable to install. I was pissed off then i had to reinstall windows 7 Ultimate all over again.

Man .. at least think of what happened first then try to do it all over again, try different flash drives, make a 2 copies and use the other one if the other one failed. Some files might be corrupted while you're on the process of transferring files from the ISO to flash drive.

Making a video is more frustrating than installing.

I tired to install Windows 8 again new download same message.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344827773010.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344827773010.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 437

boudhayan

Jan 10, 2011
Kolkata
I tired to install windows 8 by way of usb flash drive method. I got as far as to which drive i wanted to install windows 8 on i have 2 hard drives 1 tb and a 1.5tb i formatted both drives thinking this program was gonna install then the install failed said something about being unable to install. I was pissed off then i had to reinstall windows 7 Ultimate all over again. My flash drives are 16GB and a 4Gb and the 16GB had the windows 8 software on it.

having two hard drive will always create problem..try to take out the bigger hard drive,install the os,then attach the hard drive,problem should be solved.

Nullstring

Jul 15, 2009
Baguio
www.jaysonragasa.net
having two hard drive will always create problem..try to take out the bigger hard drive,install the os,then attach the hard drive,problem should be solved.

I never had that problem though. I have my windows 7 installed on SATA 1 with two partitions and installed on partition 1 and windows 8 on SATA 2 with also 2 partitions.and w8 is installed on partition 2. quite a complicated drive setup.:p

g4g0

Jan 17, 2008
I'll try to use the old Win7/Vista method (format thumb drive to FAT, write to the boot sector using bootsect.exe then copying the installation files from the ISO) to install the RTM (still downloading it, will need at least 3 days to finish it).

BTW, I used Windows 7's native burner to create the installer DVD. Windows 7 can natively burn ISO's and retain the bootable info from the ISO.

minori_aoi

Jun 4, 2008
Jakarta
I can put the ISO to USB drive with Windows 7 USB Tool (or something like that), but the win8 won't boot at all after (halfway) installed. looks like display driver issue to me ... d*mn ....

krisjanne

Feb 4, 2010
Bastogne
OPEN CMD

1. diskpart
2. list disk
3. select disk x (où x est le numéro de votre clé USB)
4. clean
5. create partition primary
6. active
7. format fs=fat32 quick
8. assign

Put the file inside from CD or ISO.

Restart your PC and tape touch to run option boot, check your usb drive...

and install it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please lower the volume down. I'ts a little bit noisy. Thanks.

In this video, I am going to install Windows 8 from using UltraISO, to installing Windows 8 in continuous 46 minutes video. There will be some little captions telling what I'm trying to do or what I was doing.

so I'll be showing:
    - UltraISO
    • selecting ISO
    • writing files from ISO to USB drive
    - Selecting USB to boot
    - Installing Windows 8
    - Showing the dual boot screen
    - Seting up the Windows 8 for the firstime
    - Seting up my dual monitor in Windows 8
    - Playing with the apps and features
    • IE
    • Video
    • Music
    • Pictures
    • Messaging
    • Mail
    - Enabling Administrator mode
    - Installing my System Power application
    - Showing who boots faster

via: jaysonragasa.net
    Not sure, but the Microsoft Windows 7 USB Download Utility works fine. A couple of clicks and done :)

It's always good when members make video tutorials though :good: