Display Problem: it's flickering...HELP!!!

Search This thread

mrpetrov

Nov 10, 2008
I've had my new Touch HD for a few days now.

It didn't take me long to notice the horizontal bars flickering on the title bar. If I pay attention to it it drives me nuts. but if I don't pay attention I mostly don't notice.

I assumed it was either a perfectly normal artifact for some LCD, or something perfectly normal for the way our eyes work. I've seen it every now and again on my LCD PC monitor at certain web sites. I always assume that it is just bad art design and I assume the same this time.

Sometimes I can see it and sometimes I cant depending on the light... the angle of the screen and how close I put the phone to my eyes.

I want to just replace that graphic with something that doesn't flicker. I thought it would be an easy solution. However, after searching through all the many images in the windows directory on the devince, I couldnt' find one that looked like the horizontal lines that are causing the flicker... too bad. Maybe somebody else might have better luck

To remove the flickering curtains on your screen, I installed this cab, attached in another thread:

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=135724&d=1228761904

Now the only flickering I see is when I change to the ring volume screen.

Petrov.

obender

Jan 19, 2007
If you read all posts then you would notice that some who had those HDs replaced "started" seeing the issue after a few days.
My take on this, it is always there. It's a placebo effect for those who just got the replacement. Some are kind enough to mention it here, some are... well maybe just upset that they went through all these troubles for nothing.
Also in many posts here you can see that people describe the same effect seen on their laptops. In my opinion this not a defect it's just the way it works.

monte0815

Nov 28, 2008
well, i also replaced my hd through amazon 2 days ago... really the flickering is still there... best to see in the system overview after clicking in title bar...

not sure what the nocurtails.cab do - but it's still there....

maybe its a failure and maybe we should wait till replacement 6month...

asci

Aug 9, 2004
Troia
www.cibellieguadagno.it
Yesterday I got my new HD from Expansys. It's a WWE while the previous one was an ITA TIM Brand. Well after one day of test I can see that there's NO FLICKERING. I will wait some further day to confirm it definitively.
:D

OpenGL32

Nov 3, 2005
i can confirm this. Got a HD for my Dad today, no flickering. It has a new ROM-Version GER, date: 11/05/08 V 1.14.207.2 (24011)

pfusti

Nov 29, 2008
Flickering on the grey-lined bar on top of the Touchflow 3D

To remove the flickering curtains on your screen, I installed this cab, attached in another thread:

http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=135724&d=1228761904

Now the only flickering I see is when I change to the ring volume screen.

Petrov.

...jup, just the same i did, works perfect :D not really a "problem saver" but a very elegant way of getting rid of the flickering top bar :p

zesper

Dec 11, 2008
htc has posted a fix on it's website for the flicker display, has anyone tried it.

obender

Jan 19, 2007
is there a link? I cannot see it neither in WorldWide section of their site nor in UK.

obender

Jan 19, 2007
I'm wondering why is it that UK and Europe in general get ROM updates last?
Seems like everyone got them except UK and EU.