[OT] [HELP] Still not getting OTA update for chromecast from Google

Search This thread

Parth2187

Jul 25, 2013
New Delhi
Hey Guys,

Sorry for posting help question in the wrong section.. my chromecast hasn't received OTA update yet since last three months.. I am dying to use as cast my screen to the TV. The current firmware build is 15250 and country code- IN (India). :( Any possible to update ota quickly

Thanks in advance!

P.S - i don't have nexus devices. My device is Galaxy Grand running CM11 4.4.4

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
Hey Guys,

Sorry for posting help question in the wrong section.. my chromecast hasn't received OTA update yet since last three months.. I am dying to use as cast my screen to the TV. The current firmware build is 15250 and country code- IN (India). :( Any possible to update ota quickly

Thanks in advance!

P.S - i don't have nexus devices. My device is Galaxy Grand running CM11 4.4.4
Try rebooting your Chromecast. They usually check for updates on reboot.
EDIT: If that doesn't work, try a factory reset of your Chromecast.

Parth2187

Jul 25, 2013
New Delhi
Try rebooting your Chromecast. They usually check for updates on reboot.
EDIT: If that doesn't work, try a factory reset of your Chromecast.

Sir, I tried your method but that doesn't work... Can I flash latest stock chromecast firmware to my chromecast ? Is it worth to flash it?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
Sir, I tried your method but that doesn't work... Can I flash latest stock chromecast firmware to my chromecast ? Is it worth to flash it?

If those two don't work, there is no other way to go about updating it. Try contacting Google and seeing if they have any suggestions.

Reactions: Parth2187

bhiga

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
If you're using a VPN or DNS abstraction, try connecting Chromecast to plain "regular" Internet for a day or two and see if it updates. It should.

Reactions: Parth2187

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If those two don't work, there is no other way to go about updating it. Try contacting Google and seeing if they have any suggestions.
    If you're using a VPN or DNS abstraction, try connecting Chromecast to plain "regular" Internet for a day or two and see if it updates. It should.