[widget] Text widget v2.2 (free & donate version), with Tasker/Locale plug-in

Search This thread

tampiss

Aug 28, 2007
Prague
A simple widget for your Android homescreen (Froyo 2.2 and higher), which enables you to display any text string of your choice. This donate version also enables you to place as many widgets (text strings) onto your homescreen as you like.

tTextWidget.jpg

The widget has many options:
font settings - color, opacity, family, style, size and alignment
background settings - color, opacity and height
advanced settings - font shadow, shape corners, tap to open and Tasker/Locale plug-in

I am/will be working on the donate version, which means new add-ons will come soon :)

Trust me, I have spent a lot of hours/days on this widget, so if you like my work, please consider donation to receive unlock key for advanced options.

In case you donated, you should receive an unlock key via an email. If you have any troubles, please feel free to contact me. I will surely help you.

Download:
Download from Android market (my apps).
Download from XDA (View attachment tText.2.2_donate.apk) - donate version 2.2 with Tasker/Locale plug-in.
Download from XDA (View attachment tTextWidget.1.6.1.apk) - free version.

Change log:
v2.2
- TapToOpen Tasker Task: now with selection from Tasker list (from Tasker version 1.0.18)
- re-do of TapToOpen logic
- moved text shadow to font settings
- code optimization

v2.1
- add access widget config by tapping the right top corner - set up in tap to open options
- add more font sizes
- add toast when tapping the tasker task

- add tap to run Taskers task (just select the task name and that's it) - task name is case sensitive

- add vertical text alignment
- add tap to open disable
- add tap to speak
- when creating new widget, default heigh is set to full
- removed shape bg temporarily

- replaced widget icon, thanks to gsawaf :), I really like it

- add Tasker/Locale plug-in (see info below)
- add different widget sizes
- code optimization

- add color picker for background and font
- code optimization
- should you have any troubles, please try to reinstal the widget due to many changes I have done in code

- add different widget sizes (currently supported are: 1x1, 2x1, 3x1 and 4x1). Should you wish to add different sizes, please, let me know :)

- add tap to open functionality
- code optimization

- add update information box
- code optimization

- fix BG height
- experimental BG shape (please tick off in case you want to use BG settings such color and opacity)

- tried to cover the full BG height (please let me know)

- add text shadow

- bugs fixing :)

- removing white spaces from email/unlock key before actual validation test (some of you sometimes forgot to remove them from sent unlock key)

- initial release of Donate version
- add multiple instances support

TASKER/LOCALE PLUG-IN
In case you use Tasker/Locale application, I have included plug-in which displays "dynamic" text on your homescreen.

USAGE:
1. in the TEXT WIDGET set up unique name in advance settings (name, which will be used for communication between widget and Tasker/Locale application)
2. in the Tasker/Locale application create task and include this plugin. To set up the plugin, set the same name as used in widget and add any content to be displayed on the Android homescreen.

Tasker application allows variable replacement, so that it becomes very powerful tool for you if you are familiar with this application.

Last edited:

jerrol

Jan 29, 2009
just downloaded on my Desire, it's a great first released, very customisable, good start man, keep it up :)

trickjarrett

Aug 29, 2010
I'm looking for something like this, but that allows for multiple quotes and then randomly selects one. It can either be a background update or to change on click.

surveysays

Sep 5, 2010
houston
QR didnt work, and tried searching in market, but no luck. saw another app named textwidget but i dont think thats urs

klaberr

Nov 7, 2010
Very good app but i can't put different text widget. Only one text is possible.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

typongtv

Dec 15, 2009
Alexandria
@tampiss , first thing i tried is to add multiple widgets each with different text, but it's not possible like klaberr said... each widget should have it's own text .

and would you consider adding more font size if u plan another release ? maybe to 40 or 50

tampiss

Aug 28, 2007
Prague
@tampiss , first thing i tried is to add multiple widgets each with different text, but it's not possible like klaberr said... each widget should have it's own text .

and would you consider adding more font size if u plan another release ? maybe to 40 or 50

yes sure, the font size is not problem. will be add in next release.

emperorben

Dec 12, 2005
Singapore
Nice app. Love it.
Could you possibly include an option to put a shadow/outline for the font? So that the words will stand out against colourful background.

Thanks!

shanesol

Jul 23, 2010
limitlessdroid.com
This is very cool and very smooth I love it! Maybe on future releases you can add font packs? Or maybe like an addon like with handcent so it doesn't make the app too big

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new release v1.7

Change log:
    - add color picker for background and font
    - code optimization
    - should you have any troubles, please try to reinstal the widget due to many changes I have done in code

Enjoy :)