May 10, 2010
Seattle
Code:
Beta2 change log:
complete rework of recovery.fstab.
rework of recovery source
CWM now fully up to date with latest version
and more

drhonk and I are proud to bring to you CWM3 for the SGS4G.

Now, before I post this, We are not responsible for any bricks.

Issues:
/system mounts, however it doesn't unmount to be able to format during a restore.

What works:
FULL ROM FLASHING!!! Backup, Advanced Restore of Data and Cache, Flashing zips (mods, boot animations, kernels, modems, etc), Error reporting and everything else but full restore due to the system issue.

How to get to recovery: Power Menu Mod, Quick Boot App, adb reboot recovery, 3 button salute.

What you will need to do:
Use Root Explorer, Android Commander, Droid Explorer or what ever else is out there to replace the recovery binary in /system/bin with the one attached. This will allow you to flash the update.zip from stock recovery.
After the file is replaced reboot the phone.

Put the update.zip on your external SD, boot into recovery and choose the 2nd Option to flash update.zip from SD.
This will boot you into CWM.

Biggest change from 2.5.1.2 to 3.x:
your normal zips will not work on this CWM or any future CWM for that matter. CWM3 has been updated to only allow edify updater-scripts. You will need to modify all of your update-scripts to be in the edify format. I will need to find a link on how to do this and post it in this thread.

More updates to follow. This is just to hold everyone over for now. Again, please do not complain that you can not restore or ( flash a full rom (untested)). This is a known issue, and is actively being worked on. drhonk and I worked on this all day and are tired.

Files:
Modded Recovery Binary for the SGS4G:
http://www.multiupload.com/UW4R9NXSVO

CWM 3.0.2.8 SGS4G Edition Beta 3
http://www.multiupload.com/2UC4ATKVX8

I will not request this to be added to RM until it is FINAL. Please do not attempt to contact Koush to have it added; I will just ask him to remove it. This is only to keep you guys tied over for now.

BIG BIG THANK YOUR to drhonk for keeping my ass working on this. LOL
Also Big thanks to Koush for helping us troubleshoot things.

Last edited:

poopypoo13

Mar 21, 2009
santa ana
Super job! Keep up the good work and take your time, screw the impatient people.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

Harhar321

Dec 24, 2009
if it was final, thread title would say final ;)

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines!

Major kudos and thanks to Krylon and drhonk for this awesomeness. I wish I could help you guys finish this--but I still have alot to learn. I will definitely test it and let you know about any issues. This is more than a great start!

lrosado

Aug 7, 2007
Naples, FL
Awesome job on getting this up and running guys. I'm having problems getting it to work. I have followed your instructions to the "T" and I get the signature verification failed error. I replaced the the recovery.bin file in the /system/bin and rebooted and then placed the update.zip on the root of the SD card and booted into recovery and when I try to use the update zip I get that error.

krylon360

Retired Recognized Developer
May 10, 2010
Seattle
Awesome job on getting this up and running guys. I'm having problems getting it to work. I have followed your instructions to the "T" and I get the signature verification failed error. I replaced the the recovery.bin file in the /system/bin and rebooted and then placed the update.zip on the root of the SD card and booted into recovery and when I try to use the update zip I get that error.

My post above was for you.

Sent from space

mikeDCMDVA

Jul 6, 2010
VA
Krylon, is there anything we can do to help with a ROM now that CWM is working? You completed the hard part, so wondering if theres anything us grunts with a little bit to a lot less knowledge than yourself can do to help out...

krylon360

Retired Recognized Developer
May 10, 2010
Seattle
Krylon, is there anything we can do to help with a ROM now that CWM is working? You completed the hard part, so wondering if theres anything us grunts with a little bit to a lot less knowledge than yourself can do to help out...

Well we aren't done yet. This is still beta. We finished the hard part but now have the 1 bug to work out. So I'm not sure if a rom will flash. I haven't tested that part yet.

Sent from space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    Beta2 change log:
    complete rework of recovery.fstab.
    rework of recovery source
    CWM now fully up to date with latest version
    and more

drhonk and I are proud to bring to you CWM3 for the SGS4G.

Now, before I post this, We are not responsible for any bricks.

Issues:
    /system mounts, however it doesn't unmount to be able to format during a restore.

What works:
    FULL ROM FLASHING!!! Backup, Advanced Restore of Data and Cache, Flashing zips (mods, boot animations, kernels, modems, etc), Error reporting and everything else but full restore due to the system issue.

How to get to recovery: Power Menu Mod, Quick Boot App, adb reboot recovery, 3 button salute.

What you will need to do:
    Use Root Explorer, Android Commander, Droid Explorer or what ever else is out there to replace the recovery binary in /system/bin with the one attached. This will allow you to flash the update.zip from stock recovery.
    After the file is replaced reboot the phone.

Put the update.zip on your external SD, boot into recovery and choose the 2nd Option to flash update.zip from SD.
    This will boot you into CWM.

Biggest change from 2.5.1.2 to 3.x:
    your normal zips will not work on this CWM or any future CWM for that matter. CWM3 has been updated to only allow edify updater-scripts. You will need to modify all of your update-scripts to be in the edify format. I will need to find a link on how to do this and post it in this thread.

More updates to follow. This is just to hold everyone over for now. Again, please do not complain that you can not restore or ( flash a full rom (untested)). This is a known issue, and is actively being worked on. drhonk and I worked on this all day and are tired.

Files:
    Modded Recovery Binary for the SGS4G:
    http://www.multiupload.com/UW4R9NXSVO

CWM 3.0.2.8 SGS4G Edition Beta 3
    http://www.multiupload.com/2UC4ATKVX8

I will not request this to be added to RM until it is FINAL. Please do not attempt to contact Koush to have it added; I will just ask him to remove it. This is only to keep you guys tied over for now.

BIG BIG THANK YOUR to drhonk for keeping my ass working on this. LOL
    Also Big thanks to Koush for helping us troubleshoot things.
    I havent stopped working on this phone, hence what I haven;t sent it back to lucky yet. drhonk and I try to work on this everynight to every other night.
    this will never get done... yawn...

ok, tell you what all know it all.. go ahead and pull the source from git and build it. :)

drhonk and I are still working on this. we each have a life, we each have a job, so sorry, we can not work on this 24 hours a day. I took this on as a side project. Not for YOUR personal gain.
    Where's the donate link for you and drhonk?

click the brown donate button under my name.
    drhonk is responding as well.
    donate link should be below my name .. :)