[KERNEL][Mini/MiniPro/LiveWithWalkman/Active] Rage Kernel v3.2 (ICS) and v3.0 (GB)

Search This thread

saroj.padhy

Aug 14, 2011
Mumbai
There is a possibility to overclock but it is your own responsibility. There is a chance to break your phone, if you clock it too much. Be careful, even 1.5ghz can already make phone too hot and break it.

SetCPU is app that you can use.

Sent from my WT19i using xda premium

Thank you.. but what Im want to know is; is the cpu by default overclocked to 2 ghz or the user need to overclock after installation...

Hope you are getting me

Thank you

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
thanks you very much.
works perfectly on xperia live walkman. can even undervolt via setxperia from market. kudos for you

Reactions: DuMOHsmol

Soulfly1976

Dec 3, 2011
Valby
Testin

Installed on an ACTIVE with SPARTAN ROM 1.8. Until now no reboots nor weird things. Running test as Im writting.

Spartan ROM is re-tweaked and running on smartass v2.

Until now I cant see no improvement on GPU. But let me see if theres any smoothiness?!

BudgyN1

Dec 17, 2010
I am thinking of changing kernels and wondering if I install Supercharger and Kick Ass Kernelizer and 3G Turbocharge, will that affect your kernel in anyway or no need to install those scripts?

kulroyal

Feb 13, 2012
Hải DươnG™
logo_rle.png

you can edit the kernel logo rage "sony " instead of "Sony ericsson" in v2.6 for lww (wt19i) is not? :mad::mad::mad:

please :(

mdfzhi

Jun 15, 2011
u still using Sourcery G++ Lite 2010q1-188 to compile this right? any reason u didnt use latest Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2011.09-69?

sathish087

Feb 16, 2011
Hyderabad
pls help me,,
im using xperia mini, unlocked bootloader
I tried many times to flash dis kernel, but im unable to pass thru sonyericson text logo, the logo keeps on flashing,,,,

I flashed stock .62 firmware, then flashed this kernel,
im able to flash krsh kernel, but my bad luck root is nt working with krsh kernel, I have super user though,

himasura

Dec 5, 2011
OK, v2.7 works fine on ST17i
I am not playing games, so i can't say anything about GPU perfomance.

UPD: line call recording (Two way call recording) is not working. I am going back to v2.6 :(

UPD2: Two way call recording not working in v2.6 There is some kind of problem with new SU binary - root not allowed for some apps and SU works incorrectly (don't seeing su requests from apps)

Call recording still not working after flashing v2.6, and even after CWM recovery of previews system state (from april 2-nd)

Last edited:

mclaudio

Feb 12, 2010
Caldas da Rainha
hello the scripts should have what extension on init.d folder? .sh ?
or no extension?

also how can i have sure that the scripts are running?

best regards and thank you a lot.

EDIT
with this kernel i am not beeing able to acess pen drive via OTG. is there a solution?
i am using Q5 to mount drive

Last edited:

DuMOHsmol

Dec 18, 2011
Smolensk
hello the scripts should have what extension on init.d folder? .sh ?
or no extension?

also how can i have sure that the scripts are running?

best regards and thank you a lot.

EDIT
with this kernel i am not beeing able to acess pen drive via OTG. is there a solution?
i am using Q5 to mount drive

Scripts work without extension. To check if they work type "free" in adb or terminal emulator. If swap isn't 0 then everything is ok.

Try typing "dmesg" in adb or terminal enulator after you have connected your drive. If it says "insufficient bus power" then you can't use the drive without external power.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my kernel, it's based on stock SE and Sony's kernel sources, with some things from DoomKernel by DooMLoRD (so go and say thanks to him, and other developers too).

It has:
    - Overclock up to 2Ghz
    - CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7
    - Prerooting
    - CPU Governors:
    • brazilianwax
    • smoothass
    • smartassV2
    • SavagedZen
    • interactiveX
    • lagfree
    • minmax
    • Scary
    • smartass
    • interactive
    • conservative
    • userspace
    • powersave
    • ondemand
    • perfomance
    v2 added:
    - Xperia Mini support
    - Tun/tap interface enabled (VPN, ipv6)
    - Swap support enabled
    - Two way call recording support added
    - I/O schedulers:
    • noop
    • anticipatory
    • deadline
    • cfq
    • bfq
    • vr
    • sio

v2.1 changed:
    - disabled NFS and CIFS (battery drain fix from DoomKernel), let's see if it can really increase battery life.

v2.2 changed:
    - moved to from 4.0.2.A.0.58 to 62 source, though I didn't see any changes
    - added 0% battery workaround patch by Bazoocaze. I don't even know what it does but it seems to be something useful since everyone includes this in their kernels :D
    - New cpufreq driver from DoomKernel. You can experience some problems with overclocking now (my phone becomes unstable at 1.8GHz now, instead of 2.0), but phone eats much less battery in sleep. I've also changed 1018Hz to 1024Hz and 249Hz to 245Hz because those new numbers looked wierd :)

v2.3 changed:
    - moved back to 4.0.2.A.0.58 source (just to make sure that everything will work).
    - updated version number in ramdisks to 62.
    - removed 0% battery workaround patch (it's useless on our devices).
    - reverted old cpufreq driver with small fix. It should be stable now and phone seems to eat less battery than in 2.1. (thanks himasura for lots of testing)
    - salvaged some ram.
    - enabled NTFS support.
    - enabled usb-storage driver, so you don't need to manually load usb-storage.ko now.
    - Version number now shows version of kernel (#23=2.3).

v2.4 changed:
    - Now phone lights up blue led to show when you can enter recovery (thx to DooMLoRD).
    - Minor changes in ramdisks.
    - Enabled hid drivers for microsoft and a4tech.

v2.5 changed:
    - Re-added CIFS
    - Enabled ext4 support
    - Added zram and cleancache drivers
    - Added lulzactive governor
    - Root fs now mounts as rw after boot.

v2.6 changed:
    - removed lulzactive governor as it wasn't working properly (thx to kamarush and others for pointing that)

v2.7 changed:
    - moved to sony 4.0.2.A.0.74 kernel sources (updated touchscreen driver)
    - Increased GPU dedicated memory to 4MB
    - Updated su binary in autoroot.

v2.8 changed:
    - added new cpufreq driver at last (with CPU frequency fixup by DooMLoRD), battery drain is lower now. I left version 2.7 too for those who want higher overclock or have some problems with 2.8.

v2.9 changed:
    - fixed governors to match new frequency table. Test please.

v3.0 changed:
    - updated zram driver.
    - staging:lowmemkiller add Fugeswap.
    - ICS and GB versions.

v3.1 changed:
    - [ICS] Updated recovery to DooMLoRD's ICS version and as a result fixed usb mounting issues in recovery. The recovery will say that it's for arc, but don't worry, it woks fine on our phones.
    - [GB] No release, everything works fine there :)

v3.2 changed:
    - [ICS] Upadated recovery again, fixed booting issues. It's recovery by kamarush now :), so thanks a lot to him.
    - [GB] No release.

Everything else is similar to stock kernel for now.

Requirements:
    • For 2.3.4 version: 4.0.2.A.0.42/58/61/62/74 rom.
    • For 4.0.4 version: 4.1.B.0.431 rom.
    • Unlocked bootloader.

Installing:
    If you're using windows, here's the simpliest way to install kernels:
    1. Install drivers.
    2. Download and extract these files to some folder.
    3. Place boot.img to the same folder.
    4. Execute flash.cmd.
    5. Turn off your phone, hold volume up button and connect it to pc.
    6. When everything is ready close cmd window and turn on the phone.
    7. If something is wrong try "advanced/wipe dalvik cache" in recovery.

Useful scripts:
    Here are some useful scripts which work with this kernel. Just download, extract and copy them into "/etc/init.d" folder:
    1. This kernel doesn't have zram enabled by default. Use this to enable 64mb zram swap:
      https://yadi.sk/d/-0kzYZOs3KETHm
    2. Our phones have a lot of free space in "/cache" partition, so you can use script by inteks to create a 64mb swap there. It is much faster than using SD card:
      https://yadi.sk/d/Nhkogctl3KETJW
    3. The same with "/system". Here's a bit modified version of previous script, the only change is that it uses another partition:
      https://yadi.sk/d/C7gVW-oH3KETK8

Important information:

Entering recovery:
    While booting, wait until blue led lights up and press volume down button to enter recovery.

Building kernel:
    If you're a developer, feel free to download kernel sources from GutHub and change whatever you like:
    1. Install some Linux distribution (Tested on Linux Mint Debian and Ubuntu 10.04).
    2. Download everything using git or by clicking "Download as tar.gz" on github.
    3. Place files in some folder (path mustn't contain spaces).
    4. Make your changes.
    5. Execute build-all.sh to build kernel for all devices or use build-[model].sh for one device.

Download:

Android 4.0.4 version

Android 2.3.4 version

Another update. Tweaked governors a bit. Tried to disable powersave and perfomance governors, but for some reason only the first one disappeared :) Also making preparations for ics version.
    An update. I haven't tested it much on ICS, but it seems to be working fine.
    Here are stock modules, flash via recovery:
    Is this kernel compatible with stock Android 4.0.4 that has just been launched?

No, a new version will be available soon.