Instagram on Windows Phone

Search This thread

numetheus

Apr 19, 2008
My only argument is that people download instagram because their friend /friends "liked" it on facebook. I can't recall anyone making a fuss about filters in the past.

I've always been a big fan of Instagram because of the filters. Most people that got into Instagram use it for that reason. It got popular on iPhone because of how it made your photos look. I don't know anyone who uses Instagram just because someone liked an image. I DO know quite a few people who STARTED using it for that reason though, but use it regularly for the filters. I am one of those people.

havox22

Oct 2, 2008
Having used instagram on android, i'd say fhotoroom has way more functionality, but I end up throwing my pics in photoshop anyway before they go on instagram, plus I dont know anyone using fhotoroom..im rambling, but I hope they bring it to WP soon.

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
What special relationship?

You know its just public APIs for the integration?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Microsoft owns 1.6% of Facebook

http://whoownsfacebook.com/

Although, it's not a huge percent. It is still a significant dollar value. Microsoft's share was valued at 1.36 Billion dollars when that website was last updated.

Not sure if that comes with any benefits from Facebook or companies that Facebook owns.

NeuroXT

Apr 7, 2012
Well Fhotoroom on WP7 offers the same thing, but is not as popular as Instagram. I only care about the "quick photo edit" with filters and just upload it from pictures hub so it would show "uploaded via windows phone" on facebook, not instagram.

Dicoluc

Jan 26, 2012
Milano
I think that Instagram is one of the most overrated apps ever, just because i "fashion".

So we have a lot of similar apps in the marketplace, wich do the same exact work and in most cases they do better.

One for all? Thumba photo editor.

Ok it hasn't god a dedicated social network, but as 90% of Instagram users just upload their pictures on facebook/twitter the problem doesn't exist.

If you're still concerned, try this: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/acad1eed-3149-4b6c-bc4b-8567f409e3e0

Reactions: mcycharles

saidwafiq

Apr 21, 2011
I like instagram and I miss it on my lumia.

I work as creative director and I'm playing with a concept of Instagram for Windows Phone just 4fun. :)

Unfortunately I can't post links here, but if you want to check it out, go to dribbble and search for my name "said wafiq"

Reactions: havox22

qjuanp

Apr 28, 2012
Bogotá D.C.
qjuanp.net
The big problem... a closed api

We have already a lot of apps on Windows Phone with differents Vintage filters... but the popularity of Instagram is the social network around it. But, the objective behind Instagram is keep the popularity of they app over differents platforms, so, an open api? I don't think so.

bassembrace

Feb 28, 2011
i dont understand why the big companies do not support windows phone, although we have really good apps with filters and fx, i expect to be able to participate with other platforms on the social networks. I want to stay with windows phone because its unique. Microsoft is disappointing the users now, wp7 is going down slowly and is not seen as a serious competition anymore, so so sad :(((

pLUSpISTOL

Jan 29, 2009
Calm down my friend, more and more apps are due to be released over summer and with the advent of Apollo there will be much hype and renewed interest in the platform. Maybe Microsoft could do more to entice the top 20 apps from Android/iOS over, there have been leaked Nokia slides recently that have shown there is an intention to do this.

bassembrace

Feb 28, 2011
ok :) i really hope they will do a huge step forward in apps, because they did all good in user interface etc. They shouldnt let us wait after the apollo update and bring all exclusive apps to the OS!

pLUSpISTOL

Jan 29, 2009
Waiting is unbearable I know lol. BUT, we only have to wait about a month to hear about the Apollo update, then we'll be excited :)

willdarko

Feb 29, 2012
Punta de Mata
Ok, I dont believe Instagram its coming to our OS until MS do something to bring these apps! And until WP8 comes out we wont have it!
Also we need to have more than a 2 or 3 % market share to be taken seriously u.u its sad but we have to wait!

vel0city1

Feb 21, 2011
Microsoft's 1.6% stake in Facebook didn't force Facebook to create an Official WP7 Facebook or Facebook Messages app. Why would it change for Instagram. Instagram is even harder because like G+ it doesn't have a public API (Facebook and Twitter do).

Why would I need Facebook to make an app when most of what I would want to do with those things are baked into the OS?

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Also, N8ter, what do you mean "Official WP7 Facebook" app? It's called "Facebook" and has been in the WP7 Marketplace since the phones launched...

I'll grant you the lack of an official messages app (and the built-in integration can't do group messaging, plus it wants me to link my Facebook and Windows Live profiles which is total BS).

erzhik

Mar 4, 2011
I hope that instagram never come to pollute Windows Phone platform !

Pollute what? It's an app, nobody is forcing anybody to use it. But the fact remains, with Instagram on board, WP will become more interesting to potential buyers. Instagram is one of those MUST HAVE apps for majority of smartphone users.

barclays

Jan 29, 2008
Pollute what? It's an app, nobody is forcing anybody to use it. But the fact remains, with Instagram on board, WP will become more interesting to potential buyers. Instagram is one of those MUST HAVE apps for majority of smartphone users.

I doubt that. There are filter apps like instagram out there. And even HTC photo enhancer is more than enough...

havox22

Oct 2, 2008
Most use instagram for the social aspect of it, I don't like there filters, I usually throw my pics in Photoshop before they go on instagram anyway, but I would like a WP app, so that I dont have to use my android phone to upload

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android is getting Instagram "soon".

Windows Phone?

OsPBb.png

Damn :p
    Now that Microsoft might have 1.6% share of Instagram one would think it can have a Windows Phone app at least if not an integration in the OS!

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express
    I think that Instagram is one of the most overrated apps ever, just because i "fashion".

So we have a lot of similar apps in the marketplace, wich do the same exact work and in most cases they do better.

One for all? Thumba photo editor.

Ok it hasn't god a dedicated social network, but as 90% of Instagram users just upload their pictures on facebook/twitter the problem doesn't exist.

If you're still concerned, try this: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/acad1eed-3149-4b6c-bc4b-8567f409e3e0
    I like instagram and I miss it on my lumia.

I work as creative director and I'm playing with a concept of Instagram for Windows Phone just 4fun. :)

Unfortunately I can't post links here, but if you want to check it out, go to dribbble and search for my name "said wafiq"
    I'm not fan of Instagram. If I want make some cool photos I use Picture Lab app. It does same as Instagram. And than share if I wish. I don't want to be visable everywere.

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express