[Q] Sprint Note 3 SMN900P

Search This thread

Shyne888

Nov 16, 2013
Palm Becah
I can not get this device to root. I have tried everything i see or can think of. I really need some help. I have the SMn900p I have tried to root this phone all weekend. I cant do it for nothing. I will be throwing this phone out the window if i cant get it rooted. Right now im stuck at the RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING. Odin wont detect my device any more and when it was working i couldn't get Kies to detect it because my MTP option will not come up on the phone. If i try to update the device thru OTA i get a error about my connection and that i should try later or go thru Kies. I am beyond pissed that i paid so much money for the "best" phone without a contract and i cant even root it. Its really depressing smh...... Please someone help me.

shoaib4a

Mar 14, 2013
You have to root with cf n9005 root file it will root successfull i have tested

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Shyne888

Shyne888

Nov 16, 2013
Palm Becah
If on kit kat and using sprint you use this link no problems with cf root. http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip

Sent from my XT897 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sorry I guess I should have expressed that. I'm on 4.3 stock flashed to Red Pocket Mobile. My activation is locked I guess because I still have the green check telling me I need to activate the device. When my phone is in DL Mode The info says Custom and Knox is tripped 0x1 but I'm not rooted nor do I have a Custom Recovery (If any of that information helps) Thanks for the reply

slow_one

Dec 11, 2011
Sorry I guess I should have expressed that. I'm on 4.3 stock flashed to Red Pocket Mobile. My activation is locked I guess because I still have the green check telling me I need to activate the device. When my phone is in DL Mode The info says Custom and Knox is tripped 0x1 but I'm not rooted nor do I have a Custom Recovery (If any of that information helps) Thanks for the reply

You have Custom status since you are not on the Official OS/firmwre(for sprint).

mta1981

Jun 24, 2010
I can not get this device to root. I have tried everything i see or can think of. I really need some help. I have the SMn900p I have tried to root this phone all weekend. I cant do it for nothing. I will be throwing this phone out the window if i cant get it rooted. Right now im stuck at the RECOVERY IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING. Odin wont detect my device any more and when it was working i couldn't get Kies to detect it because my MTP option will not come up on the phone. If i try to update the device thru OTA i get a error about my connection and that i should try later or go thru Kies. I am beyond pissed that i paid so much money for the "best" phone without a contract and i cant even root it. Its really depressing smh...... Please someone help me.

You gotta get the correct drivers if odin is not reading. If you're still stuck on that screen, pull the battery, boot into download mode, hit vol up to continue, plug the n3 in and see if odin reads it. If it reads then flash this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2655883 cuz Freeza is awesome, that'll get you on kitkat, then run cf's auto root cuz Chainfire is awesome. I guess the root exploits are up to date for 4.4.2 cuz I was on 4.3 mj4 and had the same problem of locking up on the recovery boot screen.

Last edited:

slow_one

Dec 11, 2011
I am on MJ4. But Kingo Root only says that my device is not connected. I had USB debuggin on and it still shows the same. The computer has all of the drivers installed but idk what the problem is.

Go to the phone on Developer options and click on revoke usb permission then connect the usb cable to the pc and give permission to the pc with the debugging mode on.

Reactions: Shyne888

Shyne888

Nov 16, 2013
Palm Becah
Yes but now my modem is not working and giving me a x on my signal bar. I do what happened. I rooted and then found a post about sprint 4.4 stock. I flashed thru odin and I haven't had service since. Only wifi

Top Liked Posts