4.4.3 baseband messing up with TMo LTE

Search This thread

hormosapiens

Oct 14, 2011
I updated my N5 to 4.4.3 through this: http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/development/flashable-stock-4-4-3-supersu-t2771010

could not wait for Google to update my N5.

My wife's N5 was updated through official ota.
We are both on TMobile. Same plan. Same zip code.

At home we use to have both LTE signal at 3 bars out of 4.

After the update I noticed this issue where both phones are connected to LTE but now we have 0 or 1 bar out of 4.

often I see No Network at all.

Changing to 3g or 2g will set the phone back on Edge or HSPA.

I think the new baseband messed it up.

Anyone else experiencing this issue on TMO with N5?

Any ideas?
Thanks

AceKingNYC

Sep 28, 2012
New York City
i feel like i have less LTE bars than i did prior to the update. In some areas where I have always had LTE coverage, I have HSPA instead. At work I have less bars - I work very close to home (NYC, Manhattan) so i'm not sure if it a problem as a result of the update or service issues in the city - at least in my case.

SomeGuyDude

Jun 7, 2010
Bars and signal strength are not necessarily related. The bar is just telling you what the software is interpreting, there have been tons of signal bar hacks that make it more or less accurate.

What I will say is that the LTE drops are something I've seen before even when I paradoxically had "full bars" on LTE only to suddenly have my phone not actually displaying a connection and then it would, after a moment, drop to H+.

habitformer

Mar 23, 2012
daytona beach
I updated my N5 to 4.4.3 through this: http://xdaforums.com/google-nexus-5/development/flashable-stock-4-4-3-supersu-t2771010

could not wait for Google to update my N5.

My wife's N5 was updated through official ota.
We are both on TMobile. Same plan. Same zip code.

At home we use to have both LTE signal at 3 bars out of 4.

After the update I noticed this issue where both phones are connected to LTE but now we have 0 or 1 bar out of 4.

often I see No Network at all.

Changing to 3g or 2g will set the phone back on Edge or HSPA.

I think the new baseband messed it up.

Anyone else experiencing this issue on TMO with N5?

Any ideas?
Thanks

Not to sound like a D1ck,But.(I feel your pain)...Finally someone else besides me having issues and I'm on sprint (insert jokes now)the same thing has happened to me my wife my dad my brother and his wife.All of our data handoffs from 3G/LTE hang.I/we have gotten worse LTE.You are not the only 1.I even adb fastbooted back to 4.4.2 to see if the difference is just in my head.It's not.4.4.2 gave me LTE back again.

hormosapiens

Oct 14, 2011
I am thinking to flash back the previous baseband. Anyone reversed back to the old radio but staying with 4.4.3? I can tell you that the battery life is better with 4.4.3.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

cookiehead2

Apr 30, 2014
Georgia
Are you seeing that the behavior of handoffs is different or are you losing your data connection more often than before?

hormosapiens

Oct 14, 2011
I am also seeing emergency calls only in some places like my job, where previously I had 3 bar lte. But at home it stays with 0 to 1bar very unstable. I am convinced is the new base band. Tmo told me to do a switch from 3G back to lte in network settings. After that didn't work they told me to do a full reset to factory settings. Thinking to flash back to . 23 radio.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk