Sound clipping issue.

Search This thread

Borgschulze

Jan 22, 2012
I've got this really annoying issue that I keep somehow getting rid of, but it comes back on it's own.

Any sound that plays from the phone e.g. Ringtones, YouTube, Poweramp, etc...

The audio levels get clipped, like something is trying to adjust the gain of the sound, parts that should be loud are not loud, but instead clipped to a really low level.

I've disabled AudioFX, cleared the data for it, and disabled the audio settings within Poweramp.

I've tried to get an example of it with my camera, but of course it's not doing it when I pull out the camera, next time Poweramp does it, I'll record it.

If I receive a call it clips the ringtone sometimes, but I tried calling the phone a second time and it didn't clip.

Really don't know what's going on, just want the audio to work properly.

I'm on 33R, Unlocked Bootloader Rooted.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be really happy.

Could anyone also recommend an app that's like Poweramp, but free? I like it, but it's not quite right.

Borgschulze

Jan 22, 2012
Removed Poweramp and the problem appears to be gone.

Even though I had all the audio settings disabled in Poweramp?

TEW999

Sep 11, 2012
Chesterfield
I seem to be having the same issue occasionally. It doesn't bother me overly much though. I just don't think the internal speakers of of the highest quality but everything else on this device is superb

I do however believe at least some of the issue is caused by the fact the the speaker grill holes are quite small so when the volume is high a lot of air pressure is created in the speaker cavity which may attribute to the the problem.

Nexii

Aug 9, 2012
Houston,TX
I have this issue too. Thought it was my headphones so tried all my pairs and it happens on all of them. Its an issue the Nexus 5 has as well and it has to do with how the phone handles the signal from the towers from you're carrier. As to my knowledge there is no fix for it yet.

Borgschulze

Jan 22, 2012
Just wanted to report in again.

Still haven't had the audio clipping issue since switching to SlimKat.

The audio issue was really the only reason I had to even bother trying a ROM other than CM11S.

My experience with SlimKat on I9300 was a no-brainer to be the first ROM to try on my One.

Nexii

Aug 9, 2012
Houston,TX
Just wanted to report in again.

Still haven't had the audio clipping issue since switching to SlimKat.

The audio issue was really the only reason I had to even bother trying a ROM other than CM11S.

My experience with SlimKat on I9300 was a no-brainer to be the first ROM to try on my One.
Running PA 4.6 Beta and its horrible. I can't stream one song on Spotify with out it clipping through. May be downloading SlimKat tonight to give it a go.

Borgschulze

Jan 22, 2012
Which build? I'm on Stable 7.0

When I call someone, the ringing sounds kind of funny, but other than that, every other sound works perfect so far.