[ROM] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.4] organized, clean, fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Pinktank

Jan 25, 2011
Yup, I was just back here to write that its fine with PA gapps though banks is more recent, they have pushed too many changes recently in terms of ppi scripts etc, I guess something broke along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android to as many devices as possible. This is not a kang rom. You will find versions of the features you love that we've rewritten and improved on plus a few we wrote ourselves. we've tried to acheive a more organized and cohesive setup to improve the user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality.

If you're the kind of person that needs options to change the font and color on every letter and expect the ROM to end up looking like kid's cereal box then GTFO. You will not find customizations that are done just because someone figured out how to do them. Everything in here has a purpose and is held to a high standard of coding.

General features:
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    minor UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    active notifications (improved active display + lockscreen notifications)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive desktop <- fully configurable immersive mode
    low profile mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    many improvements and new features unique to vanir
    more to come when i feel like updating the op

issues:
    - stop flashing the moto X binaries. they do not improve anything for you and aren't even for your device.
    - open source camera and launcher3 do not have the same featuers as the google versions. use the latest
    banks standard gapps if you'd like these. His gapps are super legit and always up to date.

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
    Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server
    if you're interested in becoming a maintainer.. or just need help please send an email to Activethrasher00@gmail.com

Download:
    http://www.emccann.net/nuclearmistake/VanirAOSPNightlies/falcon/
    Check Vanir Updater for updates daily
    Commotio downloads (these are Custom versions of vanir from DHO with his own spin on things try them out and see what you think
    http://www.emccann.net/dho/3-Vanir-mirror/4-nighties/

Flashable keyboard to fix keyboard FC
    https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/de...oglekeyboard-module-4.4.4-20140725-signed.zip

Gapps: Use DHO or Banks

Experimental (These are downloads built by me that are not official and may or may not be stable but your welcomed to test them and give feedback just dont report bugs in these builds to the official vanir page. report them ehre in this thread to me)
    http://downloads.codefi.re/ethanj99/vanir_falcon

you can dirty flash between commotio and regular vanir builds as you please without problems.

also if you have problems. PULL A LOGCAT AND LEAVE A PASTBIN LINK HERE. that is all. have fun dont brick and use ART
    Its Back

I am back and vanir is once again going good on moto g :p
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM ALL ISSUES FIXED HAVE FUN:good::good::good::good::good::good::good:
    New stuff is comeing verry soon ;) about to update op
    Thread cleaned.

Work with each other, not against. If you know more, then help those who know less. But above all, be reasonable to each other. Let's concentrate on development and not where someone comes from or any intellect based on geography.