[ HowTo ] Samsung Infuse 4g Free Unlock and Root on all O/S's

Search This thread

lost1

Jan 24, 2008
Well folks,

I've managed to buy and unlock this beast in under in an hour. Very nice little device. Its an upgraded captivate, silky smooth. The cameras are both great.

I was curious so I started digging and was able to generate the unlock code very similarly to the captivate.

I've attached a little root and unlock pack.

I make no warranties as to the usefulness or that this won't brick your brand new Infuse (I kind of doubt it but whatever)

Let me know if you like it.

This uses the rage against the cage exploit for root access, and I've thrown in the unlock code extraction at the same time. NOTE: The Unlock code is provided at the end of the process. It will complete the root and superuser install and then give you an Unlock code.

I have also added an unlock only mode. It still uses rage against the cage to gain root access, but its only temporary and all utils are removed.

Props go to the guys behind Rage Against The Cage...

Required:
1. adb setup (Included all adb binaries in zip)
2. usb debug mode activated on your phone.
Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging​
3. Mac, Linux, or Windows.

Instructions:
1. Grab the attached zip file.
2. Unzip
3. For root+unlock
  • Mac & Linux (Depending on how your system is setup, you should be able to just double-click the shell script and have it work... otherwise)
    • Open a Terminal window
    • Navigate to the directory you downloaded the file
    • Unzip the file if you haven't already
    • Go into the directory
    • Type: ./root.sh
  • Windows
    • If you don't have the drivers, install Samsung Kies (easiest way)
    • Unzip file
    • Go into directory where the unzipped files are
    • Double-click on root.bat
4. For unlock only
  • Follow the instructions for root, but use the unlock files instead
To unlock your phone with the provided code, pop in another provider sim card and you'll be prompted on reboot of the phone for the network code.

This is my first root and unlock post, so I hope it helps you all out.

Update 1: Original version
Update 2: I have now added Windows support.
Update 3: Added a pause to the .bat file so that you won't miss the unlock code.
Update 4: Added unlock without persistent root.
Update 5: Provide more detailed instructions

Donations
A number of people have asked where to send donations... Don't feel obligated but if you really want to...

Attachments

• InfuseRootUnlock_v4.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 189,347
Last edited:

slider2828

Jul 19, 2010
Its been rooted like over 3 days now.... Just use the super one-click and call it a day..... seems easier.... The infuse forum is already being created will be up later this week....

cue_32

Jun 11, 2010
Is there a Windows version for this? I am going to Buffalo (From T.O) on Tuesday and will be picking it up.

lost1

Jan 24, 2008
Windows is now supported in V2 of the zip. Just run the included "root.bat" after you unzip the file. The zip has replaced the original in the first post of the thread.

Last edited:

lost1

Jan 24, 2008
It roots and gives you the unlock code.

I don't know if SGS is ok. I didn't try it. I'm guessing that its not since the data file is in a different location and the contents are organized differently then before. Certainly different than my Captivate.

Last edited:

lost1

Jan 24, 2008
SGS Unlock Does not work...

I gave SGS Unlock v2.1 a try and, as I suspected, it does not work.

eowyn

Jan 19, 2011
Anybody tried this before? No offense to the OP but just want some confirmation before I try it on mine. Could you post a video or some kind? Thanks!

slider2828

Jul 19, 2010
Ima try it when I get home, but I also confirm sgs unlock doesn't work. Paid or unpaid, both don't work. You root using super one-click as well but right now I want to network unlock, so hopefully when I get home.....I'll report back

Dani897

Aug 16, 2010
thanks alot i am trying to get away from any depndancy on windows and this worked perfectly, i have done the rage against the cage method on an evo but dont remember much about it. at least now i can look at your scripts and learn from it.

slappyjoker

Aug 16, 2010
Dallas
Chika Da China Da Chinese Chicken?

Anyone know where it get the INFUSE Original Kernel?

I got ahead of myself, tried flashing SPeedmod kernel to get past the 3e recovery and now have a brand new phone that won't get past the boot screen.

I just need the image to load using ODIN.

Hehehehe.....oops.

lost1

Jan 24, 2008
I rooted and unlocked my phone with the script. Since, its hard to post a video showing the unlock since you can only unlock once, would you just like to see a video of the active phone and a sim card swap?

Otherwise, I don't believe I'm going to ask this but...

"Does anyone know how to relock a phone?"

I suppose I can post a video of the rooting process. It will show the unlock code at the end. But since root is not at issue I'm not sure that its worth it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well folks,

I've managed to buy and unlock this beast in under in an hour. Very nice little device. Its an upgraded captivate, silky smooth. The cameras are both great.

I was curious so I started digging and was able to generate the unlock code very similarly to the captivate.

I've attached a little root and unlock pack.

I make no warranties as to the usefulness or that this won't brick your brand new Infuse (I kind of doubt it but whatever)

Let me know if you like it.

This uses the rage against the cage exploit for root access, and I've thrown in the unlock code extraction at the same time. NOTE: The Unlock code is provided at the end of the process. It will complete the root and superuser install and then give you an Unlock code.

I have also added an unlock only mode. It still uses rage against the cage to gain root access, but its only temporary and all utils are removed.

Props go to the guys behind Rage Against The Cage...

Required:
    1. adb setup (Included all adb binaries in zip)
    2. usb debug mode activated on your phone.
    Settings>>Applications>>Development>>USB debugging​
    3. Mac, Linux, or Windows.

Instructions:
    1. Grab the attached zip file.
    2. Unzip
    3. For root+unlock
    • Mac & Linux (Depending on how your system is setup, you should be able to just double-click the shell script and have it work... otherwise)
      • Open a Terminal window
      • Navigate to the directory you downloaded the file
      • Unzip the file if you haven't already
      • Go into the directory
      • Type: ./root.sh
    • Windows
      • If you don't have the drivers, install Samsung Kies (easiest way)
      • Unzip file
      • Go into directory where the unzipped files are
      • Double-click on root.bat
    4. For unlock only
    • Follow the instructions for root, but use the unlock files instead
    To unlock your phone with the provided code, pop in another provider sim card and you'll be prompted on reboot of the phone for the network code.

This is my first root and unlock post, so I hope it helps you all out.

Update 1: Original version
    Update 2: I have now added Windows support.
    Update 3: Added a pause to the .bat file so that you won't miss the unlock code.
    Update 4: Added unlock without persistent root.
    Update 5: Provide more detailed instructions

Donations
    A number of people have asked where to send donations... Don't feel obligated but if you really want to...

Method using an HEX editor

*****************TRY UNDER YOUR OWN RISK**********************

Turns out there is a way to pull the code using an HEX editor, this is what you need:

• Rooted Samsung Infuse
    • Root Explorer installed
    • An HEX Editor (HxD worked for me)

This is what I did:
    1. Go to / (root) and copy the entire efs folder to the internal or external SD card
    2. Connect the Infuse to the computer using mass storage.
    3. Copy the entire folder that was copied to the internal/external SD to your computer and make a backup of this folder (it is always a good idea, you never know when you might need to restore the folder).
    4. Now, using HxD Hex Editor, open the nv_data.bin file located on /efs/root/afs/settings/ (relative path)
    5. In the right column that shows the character representation of the hex code look for the code, this will be exactly 8 digits, no more, no less, and WILL NOT be 00000000, look at the attached image. For me it was more less at the 1460 address. It is easy to find because it will be the only string of exactly 8 digits, that is diferent than 000000000 (make sure on your own by paging all the file to see if you don't see any other string of 8 digits), at the very beginning you will see various strings of digits, but all of them are of more or less than 8 digits.
    6. Now, turn off your phone, swap your sim, turn back on your phone, and when prompted for the the unlock code, use the code you just found.:D

Make sure again, that it is a string of exactly 8 digits, also, if you try the code one time, and the unlock is not successful, make sure you are entering the correct numbers, in the correct order, if fails a second time, for God's sake, don't try any more, you may block your phone and only God/Samsung/ATT knows if you may get it fuctional again. Neither I nor anyone else on this forum will be responsible for any damage blocked/bricked telephone. :eek:
    Didn't see anything on the unlock. So I combined it into a single executable script. Network unlock + root...

Use it, don't use it, its all good.
    Qkster,
    See my post right above this, I just unlocked my infuse running CM10 using this method.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Right. The method using the hex editor and searching thru the *.bin file will get you the code.

The OP posted by lost1 1.5 yrs ago was made for froyo. If you get the correct drivers and connected via adb, it will root the froyo and gives you an unlock code at the same time. It automates the whole process. But you have to be on froyo.
    It doesn't work for gb or any other builds.
    you have it rooted on odin ? how about getting the unlock code ?

You can also root with Heimdall by flashing an insecure kernel and then running qkster's Root Package from recovery. In the first post of the following thread, you'll find Heimdall downloads and instructions. In post #2, you'll find the kernel download and root package.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1629079&highlight=uclb3

Once you're rooted, you can get your unlock code by using a hex editor. The instuctions on how to do so are here:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=14887023&postcount=166