CLOSED! [How-To] Root/Unroot The SGT 10.1 GT-P7510 USA Retail WiFi HoneyComb Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

dlf1107

Apr 14, 2009
Spencer
I installed ICS on my tablet, then returned to Honeycomb. I then tried to go back to ICS. In the process I now can only get my tablet to go into download mode. But my PC will not recognize it. Will this fix that problem?

LPChris

Jul 14, 2007
I've got the GT-P7510 that was given out at Google I/O 2011 and when I hold the vol down + power, I get a slightly different screen than what you've posted here. Mine has a USB icon on the left and Downloading on the right. How do I get into recovery from there?

Also, what is that P7510XABKMN_P7510UEKMM_HOME.tar file all about? Should I ODIN that as well? I didn't see it referenced in the post at all so I'm not sure why it was included.

S

S0ckM0nk3y

I've got the GT-P7510 that was given out at Google I/O 2011 and when I hold the vol down + power, I get a slightly different screen than what you've posted here. Mine has a USB icon on the left and Downloading on the right. How do I get into recovery from there?

Also, what is that P7510XABKMN_P7510UEKMM_HOME.tar file all about? Should I ODIN that as well? I didn't see it referenced in the post at all so I'm not sure why it was included.

This is for the WiFi Retail version not the I/O version

Follow this link as it's the only one I've found for the I/O version although I haven't searched that much

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...alaxy-tab-10-1-proper-root-busybox-tools.html

S

S0ckM0nk3y

I installed ICS on my tablet, then returned to Honeycomb. I then tried to go back to ICS. In the process I now can only get my tablet to go into download mode. But my PC will not recognize it. Will this fix that problem?

Try installing Samsung Kies on your pc/mac/linuxbox or whatever you are using.

Usually that will find all the drivers you need for your pc to recognize it again.

Zugshad

Jan 22, 2011
Ok I've tried both rooting guides and running into an issue I've not had before rooting my phones, I followed the instructions and installed the drivers from the other post. I put my new tablet in download mode and start Odin and plug it in. If it recognizes and I select the recovery file and start it. I it connects and starts loading the image and after 30secs or so my laptop bluescreens with a drv_ira something error and reboots. I I've tried reinstalling drivers as administration, and run Odin as administration, and turn off firewall and av, and it still does the same thing. I does anyone have any ideas as what might be wrong or what should try? I had to head back to work so figured I would ask for when get home. This has never happened with any phone I've done. I appreciate any help.
Zug

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Edit: ok got home and re did some work. I found a video and went off of that.. just as some advice (that wasn't listed in writing) I had to uncheck the f-reset in odin, i used a different usb port. I also used the files in a folder on the desktop like the video instead of a folder in my downloads. One of those 3 things fixed the issue and I no longer got the blue screen. So, if you run into this issue, try one of these and that should hopefully help you as well.

Zug

Last edited:
Reactions: BS_sage

kpucci

Jan 31, 2011
Is the OTA 3.2 for the GT-p7510 (wifi) available here at XDA?

I want to go back to HC after some playing around with ICS.

Do I need to restore to 3.1 then do OTA to 3.2 or can I simply restore to 3.2?

Thanks!

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Is the OTA 3.2 for the GT-p7510 (wifi) available here at XDA?

I want to go back to HC after some playing around with ICS.

Do I need to restore to 3.1 then do OTA to 3.2 or can I simply restore to 3.2?

Thanks!

Personally, I've always restored to 3.1 and then just waited a few minutes for the ota updates.
Just a personal preference. Feel its best to make sure I'm completely stock.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

kpucci

Jan 31, 2011
But if there was a stock 3.2 then it would be the same thing with one less step.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

maharajah12

Dec 9, 2008
About USB JIG for TAB 10.1 7510

Hi, can anybody tell me if there are any way or JIG to reset BINARY COUNTER on download mode, please if any body can help.

Thanks in advance,:(

bugs9477

Jun 30, 2007
Penticton
Thanks for your efforts with writing this tutorial but there seems to be a glitch with CWM that maybe you could update the OP with and that is that some of our devices do not like some versions of CWM, v5.0.2.7 and v4.0.0.4 both ended up with a fast rolling screen in Recovery but ClockworkMod_Recovery_v5.5.0.4_P75xx.tar from here http://www.teamovercome.net/p7500/?page_id=8 was successful although I'm not sure of the differences between them are but I have noticed that some of our members here have v5.5.0.4 listed in there specs that is why I thought I would try it out.

http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager shows this to be for the following devices.

Asus Transformer
Google Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)

My Specs
TELUS GT-P7510/16GB/WIFI free with bundle deal.
SKU: GTP7510UWR
SW-VER: VLKL2
Kernel Version: 2.6.36.3se.infra@SEP-77 #1
Build Number: HTJ85B.VLKL2 P7510VLKL2

Thank you!

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Shoot... I am sorry the original post clearly states "USA Retail WiFi Only". Delete my posts if you need to or leave it for my shame. LOL

Unless USA and Canadian models are the same.

S

S0ckM0nk3y

I did read it and the link takes you to another external forum for which that file was missing. I guess 3.1 will suffice.

If you read at the end of the guide on the acs forums where it takes you it says it's in the second post which it is and the download works just fine :)

bugs9477

Jun 30, 2007
Penticton
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Working link????

Can someone please repost the link as it does not work anymore or does anyone know of another link/thread that they have found to work? Really wanting to root my tablet!!!!! Thank you in advance.
    Ok I've tried both rooting guides and running into an issue I've not had before rooting my phones, I followed the instructions and installed the drivers from the other post. I put my new tablet in download mode and start Odin and plug it in. If it recognizes and I select the recovery file and start it. I it connects and starts loading the image and after 30secs or so my laptop bluescreens with a drv_ira something error and reboots. I I've tried reinstalling drivers as administration, and run Odin as administration, and turn off firewall and av, and it still does the same thing. I does anyone have any ideas as what might be wrong or what should try? I had to head back to work so figured I would ask for when get home. This has never happened with any phone I've done. I appreciate any help.
    Zug

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

Edit: ok got home and re did some work. I found a video and went off of that.. just as some advice (that wasn't listed in writing) I had to uncheck the f-reset in odin, i used a different usb port. I also used the files in a folder on the desktop like the video instead of a folder in my downloads. One of those 3 things fixed the issue and I no longer got the blue screen. So, if you run into this issue, try one of these and that should hopefully help you as well.

Zug
    Does anyone have links to the stock tar? Have lots of people looking for it

http://samsung-updates.com/device/?id=GT-P7510

I believe USA is region XAB, you can highlight over the regions