Abyss Kernel Safe to CWM?

Search This thread

SoonHD2

Jul 3, 2010
eybee1970 posted on his rom these instrucktions just want to know if this really makes it safer (alot) to use cwm wipe?

- install Abyss Kernel 4.2
- boot back in Recovery (find it under 'advanced')
- now FullWipe!!!
- Flash ROM
- reboot system
-...you are done
==> ONLY, ONLY, ONLY FullWipe with Abyss Kernel 4.2 installed!!!! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER Full Wipe with CF-Root Kernel installed!!!

Want to know cos i want to try a custom rom to make my battery better and no samsung crap and Oc? possible (is it yet on ICS=?)
Im running German ICS LPY with CF-Root..

Thanks!

Last edited:

hgberry

Aug 9, 2011
Yogyakarta
eybee1970 posted on his rom these instrucktions just want to know if this really makes it safer (alot) to use cwm wipe?

- install Abyss Kernel 4.2
- boot back in Recovery (find it under 'advanced')
- now FullWipe!!!
- Flash ROM
- reboot system
-...you are done
==> ONLY, ONLY, ONLY FullWipe with Abyss Kernel 4.2 installed!!!! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER Full Wipe with CF-Root Kernel installed!!!

Want to know cos i want to try a custom rom to make my battery better and no samsung crap and Oc? possible (is it yet on ICS=?)
Im running German ICS LPY with CF-Root..

Thanks!

yes, i can confirm that, just used it to go back 3 times from lpy, the most important poin is REBOOT RECOVERY (under advanced option) so that you got RedPill touch recovery before doing any wipe or flasing a nandroid backup of GB ROM.

boogeyman

Mar 18, 2006
that would mean with this method I could install CM9 without flashing a GB-ROM first nor use PC Odin?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Theoretically, yes. You don't need the whole Rom to switch to another Rom, just a working kernel/Recovery would do.