New way to sbf the x2

Search This thread

gator79

Sep 30, 2011
eufaula
go to the link 1kds will help with what the problem or juhde he help testvand.nows way more than me it does work ive used. It on the x and now x2 I just up date to eclipse 2.0.2 and used it

motcher41

Jul 29, 2011
Perham, Minnesota
go to the link 1kds will help with what the problem or juhde he help testvand.nows way more than me it does work ive used. It on the x and now x2 I just up date to eclipse 2.0.2 and used it

Ill just stick with good old rsd. Works like a charm everytime. Plus if a new sbf ever comes out ill have to use rsd still until if and when this got updated to the new sbf. So rad still will be needed.
This does create a risk just the same as rsd. Rsd you gotta download files to use it but you have to download some app to make it work. So there is no less risk with this then there is with rsd.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

T3HBR1AN

Sep 18, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I made a suggestion to the dev to include a root option like a with the Bionic One Click Restore. So I see this iso becoming a lot more useful if that ever gets implemented successfully.

Sent from my Eclipsed and ICS themed X2.

T3HBR1AN

Sep 18, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Check out the link. Its finished and supposedly working though I am having trouble booting it from a flash drive. It installs the bootstrap too.

Sent from my Eclipsed and ICS themed X2.

reaktorblue

Aug 16, 2010
After trying this method I think I'll stick with the standard, reliable RSD method. It felt like it's all in one feature (which is what most people love about it) made it a viable #2 option in my eyes.

As things get updated, you'd have to sit there waiting for an update rather, using the RSD method means as soon as an SBF is released, you have the security and luxury of fixing your phone.

gator79

Sep 30, 2011
eufaula
After trying this method I think I'll stick with the standard, reliable RSD method. It felt like it's all in one feature (which is what most people love about it) made it a viable #2 option in my eyes.

As things get updated, you'd have to sit there waiting for an update rather, using the RSD method means as soon as an SBF is released, you have the security and luxury of fixing your phone.
The isn't any thing wrong with the old way there r pros and cons with both and for the people who r having trouble connecting to rsd. Its already done for them and as for me I live out of a hotel basically and this is awesome since I'm never around my computer and can't down load drivers and everything else to a hotels computer to sbf all I need is this disk. If for some reason I flash the wrong file our for get to wipe Bedford flashing new rom. So everyone has there on thought about this itsvwhat ever work for them

gator79

Sep 30, 2011
eufaula

there will always be risk. In flashing anything on your phone
It's whatever your comfortable in using for thethe people whowho are having trouble connecting to rsd light this is a blessing or people like me who out of the hotel I can't just always download drivers and files to sbf if needed all I need is this disk

juhde

Mar 30, 2010
Carlsbad, NM
www.twitter.com
This isn't supposed to replace rsdlite, it's just a supplement. A tool for people having rsdlite problems or using a computer that is not theirs. Also it's a great solution for mac users.

Sent from my Android device.

1KDS

Nov 4, 2010
I know this thread is a little old, I just wanted to pop in and say thanks to gator79 and juhde for the kind words. Like juhde said above, it isn't meant to replace RSD Lite nor do I claim it is any better, if you have RSD Lite installed and it works, simply move along. I've been on the RS at DXF for a long time and I was troubleshooting RSD Lite problems on a daily basis, hence the (perceived) need for these Linux images. The version that is out currently will SBF then root with ZergRush then install bootstrap without so much as a reboot and a newer version is in testing that is just a bit smoother.

Reactions: sd_shadow

kenjesse

Jul 15, 2011
Florida
I've read about your bootable disc method and I must say I found it very novel and can see where it would be of interest to someone intimidated by RSD. Best of luck with your update and I'd recommend a 2.3.4 & 2.3.5 version as we have ROM's based on both.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honestly, I agree, it sounds more complicated. Like the equivalent of building a small automated car that fits inside of a normal car and drives the normal car.

I really don't see how it gets any easier than having the appropriate software, drivers, sbf, and hardware which, if you're having driver issues its easy to fix and if you're having hardware issues, you should address those.

I guess whatever works really, I don't want to sound abrasive or argumentative but to me, the process of applying an sbf to the phone is just as easy as installing a printer.

Not everybody can install a printer, yet they will still try crap they read about on their phones and eventually need to sbf. To most people it is far more daunting than it really is but if there is an easier solution why not offer it.

Despite your idea of how easy it is to use rsdlite this is far easier. 1 file to download, burn the image and you can now sbf you phone on pretty much any computer, even a Mac. That's something rsdlite can never do.

Nothing to install, works on almost any computer, idiot proof, and I've yet to see it fail even once. I've seen rsdlite fail all over the place.

Sent from my Android device.
    1kds over at Droidx forum has developed a iso file to sbf the x 2 I've used the one he made for the x and it was awesome its the easyest way to sbf here's the link http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x2-hacks/41697-tool-ezsbf-dx2.html
    Whats wrong with good old RSD Lite way....what does this do for a person to try and use it.
    To me it sounds like trying to reinvent the wheel unless it gives you an unlocked bootloader I think this is only gonna cause mega headaches after the next batch of new X2 owners try it and screw up their phones.
    Just my thoughts

Some people, including me, had a problem getting their Droid Xs to communicate with RSD lite, but the bootable disk has everything ready to go and will work on anybody's system. This is just a DX2 version.
    Thats right its all packaged in to one I was just trying to put this way out there if some body wanted try it personaly I think it awsome and I appreciate all the hard work 1kds put in to it considering he doesnt even have a x2 and to who ever thinks it will confuse people all I can say is try it it is exactly like the thread said the simplest why to sbf
    I've never had any trouble with RSD but I did try this out when I had my X just to see what it was all about. Have to admit, it was pretty slick. It was a god send for those who, for whatever reason, couldn't get RSD to work.

Also, it's pretty much fool proof and something I'd recommend to somebody who's a bit intimidated by the whole process (again, for whatever reason). Boot the CD and press a number or two and it does it's thing. Nice.