[TESTED 100% WORKING] Quickest way to get MR2 for those of you who can't get it!

Search This thread

kronos1

May 30, 2009
you have to soft reset when you see the "now installing customizations" screen.
after you start the x2 again it will ask you if you want to retry applying the customizations> there's the no button you'll have to tap on!!!:)

ok thanx...l will do so,but first have to charge a battery..it is on 25% :( l will try in an hour when it charge a bit battery

bob2k4

Apr 18, 2008
maybe, do you restart after installing the cabs? or just power down and then SEUS?

rsx19

Mar 12, 2010
well im reinstalling the cabs again so ill update once thats done, in like another hour ZZZ

Second times the charm, im loving 6.5.3 except for the fact that i cant figure out how to use swype

Last edited:

BRAIN_STEW

Apr 27, 2010
@all

this method DOES work i have done it myself, i was on GENERIC_SG and i am now on GENERIC_UK

when you reach the SE Customization screen this is were you do a soft reset. when the phone loads back up when it gets to the customization screen you will be prompted that there was an error and would you like to run the customization(this is were you click 'NO'). during the installation of the cabs you will need to reset twice and remember to click no when the customization screen comes up.

also although royalbloodvi's instructions say install all cabs, this is not technicaly true, i missed out the following;
boingomobile
googlepanel
growingpanel
pixelcityday
pixelcitynight
x2_saturn
x2_saturn_light
x2_titan
zzhideUIrotation
zzzz_accelormeter_disable

these are applications/panels/themes and small registry settings that wont make a difference if you install them or not.

kronos1

May 30, 2009
Not working...try twice to do the job and updater start downloading firmware but when it comes to puting firmware in the phone it eject error...phone can not been updated..check this check that...bla bla...so l can not do the update.
when l manually update all cabs restart twice phone after booting first pop up "pnp..is not valid app it was for previous version of windows" sorry for non accuracu but l am tired and pist off..

Can some one put online cabs for X2 SW R3AA035 because UK version apparently not working on mine...please...Mine is Generic EN in phone..originally

Last edited:

BRAIN_STEW

Apr 27, 2010
Not working...try twice to do the job and updater start downloading firmware but when it comes to puting firmware in the phone it eject error...phone can not been updated..check this check that...bla bla...so l can not do the update.
when l manually update all cabs restart twice phone after booting first pop up "pnp..is not valid app it was for previous version of windows" sorry for non accuracu but l am tired and pist off..

Can some one put online cabs for X2 SW R3AA035 because UK version apparently not working on mine...please...Mine is Generic EN in phone..originally

did you delete the stuff in this dir on your computer??

\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db

if you did not then that would explain why it did not work.

ohh and yes i forgot about the pnp thing, that sorts itself out when SEUS re-installs MR2 for you

RUZY

Jan 2, 2009
Worked perfectly for me and important thing is that after installing R3A cabs a restart is needed,and be advised that the mr2 size must be 126.8Mb not 123.1Mb.If after connecting device to SEUS see 123.1Mb as the file to be downloaded,be sure that you have done something wrong it must be 126.8Mb in order to Mr2 to be installed,by the way my version was generic_en and now is switched to generic_uk with mr2 installed and x2 is very smooth till now thanks to every one

Last edited:

luckyjun85

Dec 15, 2009
KL
Hi royalbloodvi,

Can i just hard reset my phone without using SEUS to re-install the MR1 for the 1 step?

edit........
Yes..its work without re-install the MR1 update...just hard reset---> customization screen (soft-reset) for the step 1

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im going to try and change my generic_SG to generic_UK after hearing its better. Requesting the extracted files for easy of access for everyone to try to change their language roms.

So this is the steps Im going to try as SOON as somebody generous can upload the extracted UK cabs:

Complete R3A Generic_UK Cab pack : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=35LZ05OO thanks to rx.

NOTE: BEFORE you do ANY of the steps below, make sure to DELETE C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db from my computer or you won't get MR2!

1) Do clean install of WM 6.5.2 using the soft-reset during SE customization bootscreen OR just simply clear phone memory located in settings -> system -> clear phone memory.

Detailed steps:

1º Open SEUS, start a new update. EVEN IF IT SAYS YOU HAVE LATEST VERS, UPDATE IT ANYWAY.

2º ONCE IT REBOOTS, CALIBRATION SCREEN APPEARS. RIGHT AFTER CLICKING ON THE CROSSES, IT WILL APPEAR THE SONY ERICSSON LOGO, AND IT WILL START APPLYING THE CABS. PUSH THE RESET RIGHT after it starts applying (hidden behind the stilus, opening the battery cover).

3º After rebooting, the Sony Logo will appear again asking to retry. Press NO.

Credits to dreamcrawler

4) Install ALL cabs to device, soft reset.
    5) Update on SEUS, it will say latest firmware already, say YES to install anyway
    6) Grats on Generic_UK and hello to MR2 =)

Comments: I AM NOW AN EXTREMELY PROUD OWNER OF THE X2 NOW! NO REGRETS, GOOD JOB SE, THIS IS THE WAY THE X2 SHOULD HAVE BEEN WHEN IT WAS FIRST RELEASED! =)