[ICS] CM9 Photon alpha13 build for Atrix - Test build 8 (15/01/2012)

Search This thread

alpha18omega

May 10, 2011
Blainville
Important notice: I will no longer be maintaining this build.

I will put my effort in jokersax11 roms since it will be an original Atrix build (so better than a port).

jokersax11 CM9 thread
Download page

The goal was to provide the Atrix community with a taste of ICS (goal I think I manage to accomplished), for time reason I will put my effort on helping the great Joker since is progress in it's Atrix CM9 build have now equal (or surpass) the work of the best port I could do.

Thanks to all of you for your kind word and cheering, I will make sure that our beloved Atrix get the best he deserve.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

First of all I would like to thanks the Atrix Dev Team, wrldsuksgo2mars, jokersax11 and the Photon dev team. Without them this build would have never seen the light.

I've compile the Photon ICS CM9 alpha13 for the Atrix.
I will maintain this build updated with the latest change the Photon dev team (jokersax11) are making and try to correct bug releated to the Atrix.

Working
  • CDMA/GSM auto switching
  • Calling
  • Data
  • Roaming
  • Roaming data
  • SMS
  • MMS
  • Compass
  • Gyroscope
  • HDMI portrait out
  • Proximity sensor
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Calendar sync
  • Maps
  • Google earth
  • YouTube HQ
  • Games (sure I did not test them all)
  • Gallery
  • Movie editor
  • Pic editor
  • Touch screen
  • USB mount
  • Fingerprint sensor
  • GPS
  • Sound
  • Orientation sensor
  • DSP Manager (thanks to Maroon Mushroom)
  • Lockscreen music controls (thanks to Maroon Mushroom)
  • Auto brightness
  • ICS Google music (thanks to Maroon Mushroom)
  • Filemanager (thanks to alistair3149)
  • Default launcher alternative Nova launcher (thanks to alistair3149)
  • Gallery sync
  • Voice command and Voice search
Not working
  • Adobe Flash (only some part work)
  • Built in video playback
  • HDMI landscape
  • YouTube LQ
  • Car dock
  • Fingerprint unlock
  • Webtop
  • Hardware Acceleration
  • Camera (obviously... like almost every ICS roms) The Entire camera API was rewritten for ICS, the current Camera drivers dont work (a lot of people are already working on this issue).
Know bugs
  • Gallery show a littlle graphic wiggle when changing screens due to the lack of Hardware Acceleration.
  • The wifi does not work after the initial install, trigger the activation and reboot the phone, after that you will have no more problem.
  • The Softkey light turn on after few minutes of use.
  • Media scan not happening on boot.
  • When the battery is full charged, the battery icon on the notification bar disappears. Because of this, it has another amazing function, it shows how much percent you have overcharged :) (thanks to alistair3149)
  • Wallpaper is unscrollable in Trebuchet, use Nova launcher to use this function. It's a bug with the launcher (thanks to wywerny)
  • Getting a random offset number during installation, due to a bug in the installation script (no to worry the install is completed when the offset happens). (thanks to munchkers13)
  • Facebook sync dont work with ICS, you can use friendcaster (thanks to mitchell.23) or HaxSync.
If what your looking for is not listed here, then I did not find out it's not working or it's working :)

Alpha13 test build 8
CM9-Atrix-alpha13-t8.zip
  • Really early camera support (no connection problem to the camera, but still no image from both front and back camera)
  • Fix gallery sync issue with Picasa and Google+
  • Recompile build.prop
  • Recompile boot.img
  • Replace RomManager by RomToolbox
  • Remove PinyinIME.apk from system app
  • Added the latest default launcher version

GGAPS for ICS
gapps-ics-v3.zip
  • Fix Google map issue (if you dont want to flash gapps again just for the map use MapTweak.zip)

Keep in mind, before installing that this build is currently in alpha stage and still pledge by bug, I take no responsibility if you broke your phone whit it.

To Flash when coming from other roms
  1. Boot into recovery
  2. Goto the mounts and storage menu
  3. select format system
  4. Go back and select wipe data/factory reset
  5. Then goto the advanced menu
  6. select reboot recovery
  7. install latest cm9
  8. reboot

Screenshot
S1ToH0Yu

Feel free to help test it and provided feedback.
Thanks to everyone who provide information, tweak, etc... on making this build work better :D

Last edited:

hatefuel19

Sep 23, 2010
Lex
Sweet downloading now.....probly already know the answer but does fingerprint sensor work?

Thanks for your work¡!¡!¡!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Bored God

Oct 8, 2009
Houston
Finger Print Scanner

I'm also interested in knowing if the scanner works. I'll be trying it tonight if I'm sober enough to flash it after the bar crawl.

vjoom

May 21, 2010
Successfully flashed. Everything that suppose to works are working great so far. So much improvement from last time i flash this. Only thing missing is my softkey backlight doesn't come on.

Edit: Softkey light turn on after few minutes of use.

Last edited:

alpha18omega

May 10, 2011
Blainville
I am not able to get Wi-Fi to work. I enable it but it does not start.

It's currently a bug I've found out, after the initial install the wifi do not trigger, trigger the activation and reboot the phone, then you will have no more problem.

I will fix this in the next release, in the meantime rebooting the phone after the initial install correct the problem.

Reactions: OSNPA and bkimbler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Important notice: I will no longer be maintaining this build.

I will put my effort in jokersax11 roms since it will be an original Atrix build (so better than a port).

jokersax11 CM9 thread
    Download page

The goal was to provide the Atrix community with a taste of ICS (goal I think I manage to accomplished), for time reason I will put my effort on helping the great Joker since is progress in it's Atrix CM9 build have now equal (or surpass) the work of the best port I could do.

Thanks to all of you for your kind word and cheering, I will make sure that our beloved Atrix get the best he deserve.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

First of all I would like to thanks the Atrix Dev Team, wrldsuksgo2mars, jokersax11 and the Photon dev team. Without them this build would have never seen the light.

I've compile the Photon ICS CM9 alpha13 for the Atrix.
    I will maintain this build updated with the latest change the Photon dev team (jokersax11) are making and try to correct bug releated to the Atrix.

Working
    • CDMA/GSM auto switching
    • Calling
    • Data
    • Roaming
    • Roaming data
    • SMS
    • MMS
    • Compass
    • Gyroscope
    • HDMI portrait out
    • Proximity sensor
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Calendar sync
    • Maps
    • Google earth
    • YouTube HQ
    • Games (sure I did not test them all)
    • Gallery
    • Movie editor
    • Pic editor
    • Touch screen
    • USB mount
    • Fingerprint sensor
    • GPS
    • Sound
    • Orientation sensor
    • DSP Manager (thanks to Maroon Mushroom)
    • Lockscreen music controls (thanks to Maroon Mushroom)
    • Auto brightness
    • ICS Google music (thanks to Maroon Mushroom)
    • Filemanager (thanks to alistair3149)
    • Default launcher alternative Nova launcher (thanks to alistair3149)
    • Gallery sync
    • Voice command and Voice search
    Not working
    • Adobe Flash (only some part work)
    • Built in video playback
    • HDMI landscape
    • YouTube LQ
    • Car dock
    • Fingerprint unlock
    • Webtop
    • Hardware Acceleration
    • Camera (obviously... like almost every ICS roms) The Entire camera API was rewritten for ICS, the current Camera drivers dont work (a lot of people are already working on this issue).
    Know bugs
    • Gallery show a littlle graphic wiggle when changing screens due to the lack of Hardware Acceleration.
    • The wifi does not work after the initial install, trigger the activation and reboot the phone, after that you will have no more problem.
    • The Softkey light turn on after few minutes of use.
    • Media scan not happening on boot.
    • When the battery is full charged, the battery icon on the notification bar disappears. Because of this, it has another amazing function, it shows how much percent you have overcharged :) (thanks to alistair3149)
    • Wallpaper is unscrollable in Trebuchet, use Nova launcher to use this function. It's a bug with the launcher (thanks to wywerny)
    • Getting a random offset number during installation, due to a bug in the installation script (no to worry the install is completed when the offset happens). (thanks to munchkers13)
    • Facebook sync dont work with ICS, you can use friendcaster (thanks to mitchell.23) or HaxSync.
    If what your looking for is not listed here, then I did not find out it's not working or it's working :)

Alpha13 test build 8
    CM9-Atrix-alpha13-t8.zip
    • Really early camera support (no connection problem to the camera, but still no image from both front and back camera)
    • Fix gallery sync issue with Picasa and Google+
    • Recompile build.prop
    • Recompile boot.img
    • Replace RomManager by RomToolbox
    • Remove PinyinIME.apk from system app
    • Added the latest default launcher version

GGAPS for ICS
    gapps-ics-v3.zip
    • Fix Google map issue (if you dont want to flash gapps again just for the map use MapTweak.zip)

Keep in mind, before installing that this build is currently in alpha stage and still pledge by bug, I take no responsibility if you broke your phone whit it.

To Flash when coming from other roms
    1. Boot into recovery
    2. Goto the mounts and storage menu
    3. select format system
    4. Go back and select wipe data/factory reset
    5. Then goto the advanced menu
    6. select reboot recovery
    7. install latest cm9
    8. reboot

Screenshot
    S1ToH0Yu

Feel free to help test it and provided feedback.
    Thanks to everyone who provide information, tweak, etc... on making this build work better :D
    CM9-Atrix-alpha14-t1.zip
    Finish porting the alpha14 made by the Photon team, but DON'T USE IT NOW IF YOU NEED YOUR PHONE, there's allot of bug and I mean allot. I've uploaded it so people can help me test it and find the bug.
    Has of now the phone boot, but no sound, no WiFi, but since the Hardware Acceleration rendering script has been update, you should see major difference in game performance. I'll fix all the critical bug after work, and upload a new build tonight.

Since many of you wonder the meening of the top of my first post.
    Since the original dev of the Photon version (jokersax11), as now started to work on an ICS build for the Atrix, I will be helping making his rom better.
    I will still make ajustment to this thread with the latest findout we are making but, I will put my effort in is roms since it will be an original Atrix build (so better than a port).

What I mean is that I will continue working on porting the Photon version until jokersax11 or some other dev (joker by exemple), make a viable version for the Atrix. Then I will stop maintaining this build. I work at testing the jokersax11 and fixing bug right now but as you can see I'm still porting the Photon version.

This build is a port it's not optimise for the Atrix, but I figure than it's a good way to give the Atrix community a taste of ICS (that I personally found awesome).
    Wait... Alpha18omega is going solo on this?

I'm alone on this build for compile and debug, yes. but it's because of many people that many bug have been corrected and this build is improving :)

Hopefully I'll have the camera fix for the next release but if someone manage to make it work before me feel free to pm or post, the change you've made (has far has I got the ramdisk of the boot.img must be updated for the camera to work, I'm currently working on a new boot.img)

Since I've got 2 kids and a wife, let's just say that I dont have all day to work on it :D
    any way i can donate?

No :D Have a beer on me and it will be good enough.
    Thanks anyway for asking ;)
    I pushed alpha 15 for the photon and alpha2 for the atrix. Let me know what can be added to the atrix build.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App