Is it possible to turn unlocked Z Ultra (from Sony store) to Google Play Edition?

Search This thread

KeikiNYC011

Jan 20, 2014
Originally Posted by KeikiNYC011
Are you sure about that. Just receive an OTA update.few days ago for my model c6833

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

He's talking about the GPe rom...

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
Pretty late to the conversation and my opinions conversation has already ended. Going to continue to watch and translate the request of other XZU owners asked about GPE for their Factory Unlocked Z Ultra

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

My english understanding may not be perfect but at lease have the politeness to type correctly.

Last edited:

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
tumblr_m83w40m2bM1qzk0id.gif

TimeTurn

Dec 5, 2010
Berlin
ja7uzyre.jpg

As far as I know, it is not possible to turn the ZU into 100 percent GPe, that's the reason why OTA won't work. It's only a custom ROM available, no FTF or similar to flash it into a GPe.

Just want to make sure that's understood. Maybe someone reading this thread get's totally confused of the off topic without making this clear.

Gesendet von meinem Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833

Last edited:
Reactions: KeikiNYC011

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
We all own the same phablet. That should bring a community together not cause fights and divide one? :good:

Lets behave ourselves. Life is too short for agro'. :highfive:

Ryland

Well the thread was more or less finished with untill fastest83 brought it back.

Can we just stop the thread, we all now agree that the ZU cant be turned into a ZU-GPe [yet] and to treat the GPe port as just another ROM for the Ultra.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My answer was clear, use your eye. This isnt an official topic on Z Ultra GPE, it says can you unlocked a Z Ultra from the SONY store to GPE therefore It's an C6833 Unlocked ZUltra topic

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Well technically it a topc about both subjects.

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Above

- Thread topic: Is it possible to turn unlocked Z Ultra (from Sony store) to Google Play Edition?
    - gprefix writes: "Is OTA updates from Google working? Or is OTA disabled. If OTA is disabled you have to flash every time you want updates right?"

He's talking about the only GPe ROM we've got: Bigxie's GPe ROM.

- I write: "Yes, OTAs are disabled, and yes you'll have to manually update, but i can't see a problem with that."

MEANING: You won't get OTA updates directly from Sony/Google when you're running GPe on an Xperia device.

Then you wrote:
    "Are you sure about that. Just receive an OTA update.few days ago for my model c6833"

Well yes you did, but you're running the stock ROM, correct? And not a GPe ROM. I didn't know that since i'm not a psychic, so i asked if you're running the GPe ROM. You then proceed to make loud noises and act like i'm the stupid one.

SUMMARY: We are discussing the GPe ROM, and if we'll still receive GPe OTA UPDATES if we flash it. The answer is a big fat NO. Got it?
    We all own the same phablet. That should bring a community together not cause fights and divide one? :good:

Ryland

Well the thread was more or less finished with untill fastest83 brought it back.

Can we just stop the thread, we all now agree that the ZU cant be turned into a ZU-GPe [yet] and to treat the GPe port as just another ROM for the Ultra.

Ryland
    I DONT HAVE A GOOGLE PLAY EDITION. My device is C6833 directly purchase from Sony and Google has models C6802 and C6806 and not C6833 that supportd all LTE Bands.

Yes, I'm up to date with all software but firmware I'll wait and pass due to the issues currently taken place on a number of devices. SONY is working on a new firmware update to fix the problems with .136

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

By the way, I'd refuse to root my device when its under warranty.
    Specially when you never know what will happen to your device.

Are you aware of the thread you're in? We're talking about the Google Play Edition. You said that you received an OTA update on your C6833 a few days ago. My question was: ARE YOU RUNNING THE GPE ROM OR NOT?

I said that OTA updates are disabled ON THE GPE ROM. THE ONE BY BIGXIE.

Use your eyes.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
    NO, it is a thread about the GPe rom. Simple.

You have confused the question with your reply about receiving an OTA for SONY firmware when the topic of discussion is about the converting to GPe / GPe rom.