My AT&T HOX will not update

Search This thread

hijodedios51206

Jul 29, 2009
Murrieta, CA
hello XDA. I appologize if i am breaking rules but i dont know what else to do with my phone.
I recently bought an AT&T X. it had the 2.20 at&t firmware installed. i managed to root it and supercid it and unlock bootloader. however, ever since then, i cannot update thru RUU. i was updating to 2.14 hboot to get facepalm s-off.

writing zip ...
<bootloader> adopting the signature contained in this image...
<bootloader> zip header checking...
<bootloader> zip info parsing...
FAILED <remote: 99 unknown fail>

i tried downloading the OTA and made sure its AT&T software as i do not have s-off yet. I have flashed stock recovery (i had twrp installed after i rooted and supercid) and navigate to OTA files but i get this.

mount SDCARD failed 1 times
mount SDCARD failed 2 times
mount SDCARD failed 3 times
mount SDCARD failed 4 times
mount SDCARD failed 5 times

i chose apply from phone storage and i get:

invalid operation
rebooting...

also i ran JET and successfully downgraded hboot to 1.09 cuz i read it not all parts of s-on were implemented, so i thought i could obtain s-off that way.

i have searched all over xda and google. i do as much research as i can first.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Whoa, where are you getting your information? Stop what you're doing. Running the jb RUU while s-on and SuperCID is going to brick your phone. You're lucky it's failing.

What makes you think you need to update it to get s-off? Have you attempted the Facepalm procedure yet?

Sent from my Evita

hijodedios51206

Jul 29, 2009
Murrieta, CA
Whoa, where are you getting your information? Stop what you're doing. Running the jb RUU while s-on and SuperCID is going to brick your phone. You're lucky it's failing.

What makes you think you need to update it to get s-off? Have you attempted the Facepalm procedure yet?

Sent from my Evita

My bad. Wat happened was i successfully rooted while on 2.20 and proceeded to flash the zip indicated by facepalm s-off thread. thats when i started getting the error 99. i checked cid and made sure it was 11111111, which is required by facepalm s-off. now no RUU's work.. i setting the cid back to its original CWS__001 and ran updated RUU but still got the same errors.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
How many times did you try Facepalm, and got error 99? It seems some folks have gotten error 99, and just ran it again.

Bootloader needs to be relocked to run RUU with s-on. Did you relock the bootloader?

Reactions: hijodedios51206

hijodedios51206

Jul 29, 2009
Murrieta, CA
How many times did you try Facepalm, and got error 99? It seems some folks have gotten error 99, and just ran it again.

Bootloader needs to be relocked to run RUU with s-on. Did you relock the bootloader?

i ran it multiple times. i saw a thread i forgot where to find it. i looked thru pages of different threads and i found one that says if u get error 99 just run it again till it flashes. it never flashed for me. i grew a bit impatient and stopped trying. :cyclops:

i tried relocking once but didnt work. i didnt try too much while relocked ill try again when i get the chance.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
i ran it multiple times. i saw a thread i forgot where to find it. i looked thru pages of different threads and i found one that says if u get error 99 just run it again till it flashes. it never flashed for me. i grew a bit impatient and stopped trying. :cyclops:

i tried relocking once but didnt work. i didnt try too much while relocked ill try again when i get the chance.

There are a couple of solutions to the error 99 problem strewn throughout the Facepalm thread, you can't go through more than a few pages without seeing me mention the solutions. Plus there's another s-off method called Rumrunner that you could have tried. You've kinda taken a step backwards by changing your CID back to stock.

Anyway...

What do you mean you tried relocking but it didn't work? Exactly what didn't work?

hijodedios51206

Jul 29, 2009
Murrieta, CA
There are a couple of solutions to the error 99 problem strewn throughout the Facepalm thread, you can't go through more than a few pages without seeing me mention the solutions. Plus there's another s-off method called Rumrunner that you could have tried. You've kinda taken a step backwards by changing your CID back to stock.

Anyway...

What do you mean you tried relocking but it didn't work? Exactly what didn't work?

i mean i tried relocking to run RUU but still got error 99. i still have supercid currently. it got to the point i cannot write cid anymore. bootloader simply freezes when i send command to write cid. im not at my computer so ill post cmd's output when i get home. i tried both s-off methods.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
i mean i tried relocking to run RUU but still got error 99. i still have supercid currently. it got to the point i cannot write cid anymore. bootloader simply freezes when i send command to write cid. im not at my computer so ill post cmd's output when i get home. i tried both s-off methods.

alrite ill try it again. ill post the results when i do. thanks.

You said earlier that you had set the CID
back to stock didn't you? If that isn't the case I'm not sure why you wrote that, you need to provide accurate information otherwise it's almost impossible to help you.

Forget about relocking the bootloader, just find the solution for the error 99 problem in the Facepalm thread and get s-off. It's the easiest solution.

Sent from my Evita

hijodedios51206

Jul 29, 2009
Murrieta, CA
Ok i relocked bootloader and ran RUU and it worked thanks. Facepalm s-off did not work for me again same error 99 so i ran rumrunner's s-off. it worked. as i type i am flashing ruu again to clear the tampered flag. thanks for the help.

Top Liked Posts