fastest way to flashlight?

Search This thread

gcbxda

Jan 5, 2009
California
on my previous phone with cm7 i could draw patterns on the lock screen to launch apps/activities.

the only one i had was toggle flashlight.

is there anything similar that can be done with 4.4.3?

if not, any good rom to have that?

thanks

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Free mobile app

Verttex

Oct 12, 2012
Dallas
on my previous phone with cm7 i could draw patterns on the lock screen to launch apps/activities.

thanks

The Xposed module GravityBox allows you to have a quick flashlight shortcut. Once configured correctly, on your lockscreen you can hold down the slide to unlock ring to turn the flashlight on and off.

gcbxda

Jan 5, 2009
California
thanks. i still have to give xposed a try!

this will probably be the tipping point.

edit: after installing everything with flashlight on the name and without internet permission from the market, i finally found this:
https://github.com/theUltimateLabs/theUltimateFlashlight

it allows me to turn it on by pressing power button twice! xposed delayed some more :)

it's gpl. will recommend to fdroid.

Last edited:

devilsdouble

Nov 26, 2013
New Delhi
As you guys are talking about flashlight have you guys noticed that the app "Adjustable Torch" doesn't work with Moto X? It was the only torch app I used to use, but it doesn't support Moto X :( It was the only app which used the flash LED's intensity at it's highest (all other apps use a dim state of LED) and you could even control it! Damn.

gcbxda

Jan 5, 2009
California
As you guys are talking about flashlight have you guys noticed that the app "Adjustable Torch" doesn't work with Moto X? It was the only torch app I used to use, but it doesn't support Moto X :( It was the only app which used the flash LED's intensity at it's highest (all other apps use a dim state of LED) and you could even control it! Damn.

i personally only use the dimmest option. some apps have bright mode, always ignored it. dim is already too much

Soldier 2.0

Nov 6, 2012
www.youtube.com

thanks

I use touchless control. I say OK Google now, open torch. Torch is a free app that can be set to turn on the light when app is opened.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Apr 18, 2008
droid light still works. has worked with every moto phone i've every owned.