[Q] Bricked and stuck between HBoot 2.15, no S-Off and no SuperCID

Search This thread

Maeffjus

Jan 18, 2007
Nürburgring
Hey Everyone,

I just got a HTC ONE S for my girlfriend to replace her Alcatel OT997D.
Well, first thing I always do - guess what, root it and put a custom rom onto it.
It should be a S4 as it says vil in bootloader and not ville(C2).

And here is where the trouble starts:

1. I started with unlocking the bootloader (which is unlocked now)
2. I installed an recovery (TWRP)
3. I flashed the newest superuser onto it.
4. Somewhere in between I managed to upgrade Hboot to 2.15

So I tried countless stuff - I tried to use the all in one toolkit and tons of other programs to give it a super CID and switch it to S-OFF.

I really got (as far as I figured out) no chance to change the CID from T-MOB101 to 11111111 with the acutal H-Boot - further I can't use S-Off without SuperCID.

So for me right no it goes round and round and round in one big circle.

I also tried several tock-rom versions, I'm getting as far as it is pushed to the device and then the RUU ends with error 155.

I can use fastboot easily (just not "fastboot oem writecid 11111111" - this makes it stuck and I need to switch it off via 15 sec. holding power) and ADB sometimes - I can also use the HEX-Editor mode, but it does not recognize the SU command - so after bootup it stays with the old CID.

Could please anyone help me? Thank you so much!

Regards,
Matthias

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
I would re-lock the bootloader and install a matching RUU, then run Moonshine or one of the other S-OFF apps first. Then try your CID mods etc...
Others may have better solutions.

Maeffjus

Jan 18, 2007
Nürburgring
I would re-lock the bootloader and install a matching RUU, then run Moonshine or one of the other S-OFF apps first. Then try your CID mods etc...
Others may have better solutions.

I already tried it with relocking and stock recovery - the RUU update software always gives error 155, that means AFAIK it is not matching. But when I look inside the Android text, there is my CID listed.
I assume it is related to the hboot version which might is higher than in the RUU.
Regards,
Matthias

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
AFAIK, you can always go higher in the RUU version. So find an RUU with 2.15 that newer than what you have.

Reactions: Maeffjus

Maeffjus

Jan 18, 2007
Nürburgring

Thank you so much!
But now the stupid question from me:
In which part mof the number can I figure out the Hboot?
(in the second link)

And there is only one rom which seems to be compatible with the T-Mob101 - can I flash any other?!
(otherwise where to find a suitable one?)

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
CHANGE OF PLANS! Check out this:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1IYElPvrGZrdGR6SXIwYjgxd1U&usp=sharing

the thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192964&page=2

Someone posted the TWRP NANDROID backup for your phone I believe. So put TWRP on your phone and do a full wipe (Dalvik, cache, system, factory reset) in TWRP and then restore with the NANDROID.
I believe you should be able to use the MOUNT command in TWRP to copy the NANDROID backup onto the sdcard.

I hope someone jumps in here. I know you are not S-OFF so I'm hoping that the NANDROID will work. Otherwise you might have to try some of the RUU that the thread lists.

I guess it's also possible for you to install TWRP and actually try installing another type of ROM like CM11 and then flash the boot.img. Honestly I'm not sure what I would do because there are several choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maeffjus

Maeffjus

Jan 18, 2007
Nürburgring
Sounds great - I will try this maybe tomorrow - or in 9 daysw, I going on vacation to Spain tomorrow - so my GF might has to use her old Alcatel :)

But anyway, I will keep you updated as soon as I got news!

UPDATE: Its writing the backup to the system - I'm trying the newer one first ( - 2013-04-19--08-30-59_tmo_de_stock_3.16.111.7.zip
T-Mobile Germany stock JB, upgraded from 2.38. CID T-MOB101.)... okay REBOOT...

Hmm weird - the screen turned black :( For some reason I heard some sound before it turned black...

Very weird, I left it with the black screen an somehow I partially hear the Tmobile sound and sometimes later the full sound...

Last thing: I wiped Dalvik, cache, system, and android secure - was this enough (there is not option to wipe "factory reset" but that all I found for wiping a factory factory reset.

Last edited:

Maeffjus

Jan 18, 2007
Nürburgring
WOW! Great! Now you can use the phone on the trip!

Lets see if my GF likes to configure it on the way to the airport ;)

But right now I'm doing what I had forgotten last time - I goind to make it S-OFF with moonshine - for the superCID I'll see afterwards - after all of this is done, I might flash a new rom :)

UPDATE - does it always take such long? Look at the attachement - I'm not sure if there is everything okay. But I don't want to unplug the phone from USB - I'm scared to brick it (again).

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Maeffjus

Jan 18, 2007
Nürburgring
Lets see if my GF likes to configure it on the way to the airport ;)

But right now I'm doing what I had forgotten last time - I goind to make it S-OFF with moonshine - for the superCID I'll see afterwards - after all of this is done, I might flash a new rom :)

UPDATE - does it always take such long? Look at the attachement - I'm not sure if there is everything okay. But I don't want to unplug the phone from USB - I'm scared to brick it (again).

Okay, I unplugged it - did not work - I'm already here with the "older version" (2.38.111.10) - The OTA does not work, I tried it with TWRP, did not work.
Then I restored the stock recovery and also locked it - did also not work, I always get the triangle with the exclamation mark. (The device says relocked and tampered).
So the very last thing I tried was to copy it back from the SD to my pc and used "fastboot oem rebootRUU" and "fastboot install zip" - it now says:

FAILED (remote: 44 hboot version check fail)

And very last thing - I can't make it CID 11111111 or S-OFF, so - how to go on?
But no rush, tomorrow I'm away for some days :)
Regards & Thanks!

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
oh no.
If you can get to the boot loader and fastboot USB. I guess you should try and run an RUU (newer) for your phone. You need to get it back to some type of stock condition.

Maeffjus

Jan 18, 2007
Nürburgring
oh no.
If you can get to the boot loader and fastboot USB. I guess you should try and run an RUU (newer) for your phone. You need to get it back to some type of stock condition.

I tried it - but the problem is, the only RUU I got / found is RUU_Ville_U_TMO_DE_1.77.111.5_Radio_0.16.31501S.17_2_10.23.31501S.10L_release_259421_signed

The next available version is an OTA upgrade which I can not install anyway - so any suggestions? I can lock and unlock it and I got it "tampered" and with HBoot 2.15...

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
So what exactly is the phone doing now? Is it stuck in a boot loop?
Did you try and restore with TRWP? What if you do a wipe (Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)) in TWRP, and try to restore from TWRP NANDROID?

Last edited:

Maeffjus

Jan 18, 2007
Nürburgring
So what exactly is the phone doing now? Is it stuck in a boot loop?
Did you try and restore with TRWP? What if you do a wipe (Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)) in TWRP, and try to restore from TWRP NANDROID?

It boots up flawlessly - but only in the older backup (from the link you gave me - its ver.2.38.111.10).
With the newer version it stucks in bootloop.
And after I installed this, I'm not able to: flash any other rom on top of it or perform the OTA update (when it starts, it notifies me that the OTA is available for download and I can download it also).
(Yes, I installed stock recovery to use the OTA).

Last edited:

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
So you are running fine with the older ROM? Why not leave it? If you really want to try something different, here's a plan.
In the thread I sent you:

These guys all have your same phone/ROM. PM them and ask them if they have found a newer RUU to run that is compatible with an S-OFF method. Or ask any of them if they have gotten S-OFF with their devices. If not, then just stay on the current ROM. If someone has gotten S-OFF, then you can decide to pursue that course. Good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AFAIK, you can always go higher in the RUU version. So find an RUU with 2.15 that newer than what you have.
    CHANGE OF PLANS! Check out this:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1IYElPvrGZrdGR6SXIwYjgxd1U&usp=sharing

the thread:

Someone posted the TWRP NANDROID backup for your phone I believe. So put TWRP on your phone and do a full wipe (Dalvik, cache, system, factory reset) in TWRP and then restore with the NANDROID.
    I believe you should be able to use the MOUNT command in TWRP to copy the NANDROID backup onto the sdcard.

I hope someone jumps in here. I know you are not S-OFF so I'm hoping that the NANDROID will work. Otherwise you might have to try some of the RUU that the thread lists.

I guess it's also possible for you to install TWRP and actually try installing another type of ROM like CM11 and then flash the boot.img. Honestly I'm not sure what I would do because there are several choices.