JI5 via Kies !!

Search This thread

justin683

Jul 17, 2009
Updated an hour go with odin and im really pleased. GPS, compass work great, getting better signal, doesnt have the lag that the last official update had.
I dont see what all the commotion is about.
People using kies should just Odin, yea it wipes but probably better that way so you dont run into intermingling, compatibility issues ;)

if you dont use a pit file it will not wipe.... soo if you dont wanna lose anything give it a whirl. I used to always do the full wipe before but i got lazy this time

Allen K

Sep 1, 2010
Has anyone noticed that dialing *#*#1472365#*#* no longer works to get GPS settings? Or is it just me?

N8ter

Sep 1, 2010
I don't care about updating with Kies.

But I wish they would hurry up and release a US version so I can manage the damn phone with it.

Seriously, even Windows Mobile phones can be managed with Windows Applications (Photo Gallery, Media Player, ActiveSync/WMDC, etc.) and iPhones can be Managed with iTunes.

God. I hope the next Vibrant they send me isn't Hardware Locked. I'm getting tired of halfway using this HD2. And I'm getting tired of redownloading all my apps, redoing all my settings, resetting all my cookies, and generally waiting days-weeks for a phone because they're on backorder.

GAH!

And TBQH, if they would just fix the damn bugs, push a few performance updates, and get FroYo out the door (sorry, sorry) I would be totally content with the damn phone until I upgrade to a new phone.

And probably use my HD2 as a Dev phone of some sorts.

heygrl

Nov 20, 2009
Las Vegassss
I don't know why everyone is so adamant on saying with JFD and installing the "gps files" as if that could be the only thing changed.

Sh8dyDan

Jul 17, 2010
Tampa, FL
*#3214789650# gps service menu

*#3214789650# gps service menu

or

*#*#3214789650#*#*

Search i9000 forum for "i9000 Secret Codes"

h t t p://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=721111&highlight=gps+service+menu

A lot of the codes work for the vibrant.

Last edited:

justin683

Jul 17, 2009
goto market and get the LBSTestModeLaunch app i think its called for gps settings.... very easy guys

Last edited:

tjhart85

May 13, 2009
Stock, I flashed to complete and total day one stock via odin, then to JI5 via odin. I didnt make a single modification.
I did the same with my gfs phone [flashed her to stock & then to JI5] and everything worked perfectly.

There seem to be a few apps she can't access in the market that I can on Bionix 1.3 though. OK...We only found one: Digital Clock Widget. Anyone else having that issue?

I'll be honest, I didn't search through all 58 pages to see if we are supposed to edit a .prop file or anything as it's not really a big deal to me (since I can just download the apps if need be on my old G1 without any worries), but others might have problems.

dude
made the same mistake
DO NOT FLASH THE BATTERY ICON
it'll brick your phone.
Hopefully someone followed rule #1 and made a nandroid? Whenever you replace any system files ......... blah blah blah ........... I've been burned by that a few times, live & learn, right?

Last edited:

justin683

Jul 17, 2009
Wrong the battery flash will not brick your phone...... If your gettings FC just flash the STOCK ACCURATE BATTERY and all will be well... BTW flashing OCLF V1X atm will post with an update as to weather I lose vibration

Sh8dyDan

Jul 17, 2010
Tampa, FL
I have JI2
got code from

h t t p://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=721111&highlight=gps+service+menu

Works as

*#3214789650#

If you like you can type

*#*#3214789650#*#*

But extra *# not needed

D

Deleted member 2371530

Question if I got this running which I do if t-mobile does push an ota well
I get it?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

D

Deleted member 2371530

And does this lag for anyone else?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mine has worked since JI2

Yea its fine after i re flashed it again.

Stupid me the first time i flashed and tried changing my battery icon with one from other thread and it screwed up and my phone wouldn't load to desktop.
    So i took an nadroid backup from previous stock update and loaded that and by doing so it removed all the new software,fixes ..ect

but im fine now
    Compass, and GPS work great