[24 Jun][WIP][MAGLDR] Debian for HTC HD2 - v0.1 alpha

Search This thread

Vsahisekk

May 6, 2009
Mobile cellular network

Hi all, what about mobile cellular network? I have not in work wifi and i want connect to internet, is possible mobile network?

fstluxe

Sep 15, 2009
New York
Dear OP,

I like this version thanks bro!

Just 1 issue, outgoing connections are perfect from the hd2, but once I try to ping or connect to the hd2, Its not possible,

this is my ping log:

Microsoft Windows [versie 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Alle rechten voorbehouden.

C:\Users\f>ping 192.168.1.94
Pinging 192.168.1.94 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.80: The destination host is unreachable.

Ping-statistieken for 192.168.1.94:
Pakketten: sent = 4, received = 4, lost = 0
(0% verlies).

C:\Users\f>

So the device cannot be reached, why is this problem.

thanks

bardzusny

Apr 26, 2012
First of all, question to everyone. Download links in the first post for kernel sources are all dead, and I don't have it on my hard disk (anymore). Does anyone happen to have it handy?

I would really like to get them somewhere reliable (d-h.st seems likely), even though further development looks unlikely to happen. Feel free to PM or write here.

Just 1 issue, outgoing connections are perfect from the hd2, but once I try to ping or connect to the hd2, Its not possible,

Try pinging your HD2 while also pinging *from* your HD2.

It happens because of power saving features built into wifi chip. It doesn't really like to listen too closely if it doesn't really need to. This is not unique to HD2.

Normally, "iwconfig wlanX power off" should help, but I'm frankly doubtful it will work with this driver.

~bardzusny

Last edited:
Reactions: Burag

wzd12138

Jul 6, 2016
who can share me the link?I see it too late。

USB host works, keyboard and mouse. Connected to wifi ok. But when I tried to take a screenshot, it just hung and had to press soft reset button. Will test more.
Excellent work bardzusny, BTW there are Ladies on this forum too;)
@ivicabrus, be sure to unzip the .tar.gz, the .tar and also the rootfs.zip
Edit; mirror- http://devhost.xda-developers.com/Tx9

:rolleyes:please share me the link,thank you

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
:rolleyes:please share me the link,thank you
Hi wzd12138, I couldn't find the original download on my harddrive, but i did find a backup of one of my sd cards with the debian folder on it. Inside the debian folder there is initrd.gz, zImage and rootfs.ext4. I zipped the debian folder with 7zip and uploaded it;

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682935009

I think you unzip the debian folder, put on sd card then using magldr boot into the debian folder using ad sd.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

dstyl

Apr 24, 2010
Heilbronn
Can someone please share the source code, also the archive provided on android filehost doesnt boot, since it fails with bad rootfs.
@Robbie P Could you please reup the archive and source code?
Also there is ubn2hd, is there the source code awailable.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gentlemen,

Lately I have found myself experimenting with Debian on my beloved Leo. It's very much WIP, but even right now it may be fun to play around for some. And most of the stuff that *doesn't* work, well, solutions are in the line of sight.

I won't have time to finish it anytime soon. So, partly in hope someone will join the effort, and partly to simply make sure I won't lose effects of my work in the darkest corners of my hard drive, I upload it as it is.

It's very much bare-bones Debian Unstable system. To install it, copy all three unpacked files (rootfs.ext4, zImage, initrd.gz) to "debian" directory on your SD card. Then, choose this directory in MAGLDR settings. Then boot from SD.

It boots directly into the desktop and allows you to connect to wifi and launch terminal (and install any software you want using apt-get/aptitude).

DOWNLOAD:
    http://www.multiupload.nl/8D7ZS99UTX
    http://d-h.st/Tx9 (thanks to Robbie P)
    MD5: 9f5a9961d8ace10d38f7ea493a12ab4a
    (mirrors appreciated)

Features:
    *Touchscreen, UI works perfectly fine
    *Wifi works perfectly fine too
    *Sound kinda works (playback is too fast for me, please test)
    *It's full Debian GNU/Linux - 15901141666 packages to apt-get!

Various technical info:
    *Kernel based on linux_on_wince_htc from gitorious with some modifications:
    -applied USB host patch by liiochen
    -applied patch from tytung kernel that enables ALSA driver to be compiled as module (without that it wouldn't work at all)
    -custom defconfig
    *Rootfs size is 1GB. Filesystem is ext4 (to avoid data corruption).
    *Window manager is E17, it's optimized for phones, very beautiful, and very impressive overall. Network manager is Wicd.
    *Also installed: Xterm, SSH server.
    *Default username is "htcleo". Default password for this account is "htcleo". Default root password is..."htcleo".
    *As it is Debian Unstable, anything can break at any time and not much can be done about it. I also recommend using aptitude over apt-get (it is better at solving dependency problems).

Important To-Do:
    *Phone functionality & suspend/resume (all of this should be supported! sadly, fso-deviced in Debian repositories is currently broken)
    *Landscape mode (easy)
    *Hardware buttons (easy)
    *Bluetooth (at least partial support should be easy)
    *??? to be continued

Wish-list (the less important stuff):
    *Switch to armhf for performance gains (should be easy)
    *At least partial hardware acceleration (should be possible thanks to xf86-video-msm driver)
    *Bully someone into cooking newer kernel (2.6.32 is old)
    *If the above doesn't work, backport brcmfmac wifi driver to current kernel
    *Compass, GPS, camera, multitouch (aka the stuff not many really care about)
    *??? to be continued

If you want to help me in the effort to make this port work perfectly, take a look at this:
    http://www.multiupload.nl/BXNBMMECH0

It's a package with everything you need to reconstruct my rootfs on your own. There are some files and there is a dirty bash script ("createrootfs") that does everything that has to be done. Instructions are inside of it.

There is a lot of valuable information on htc-linux wiki (http://htc-linux.org). I'm available in this topic, on pm, and on #htc-linux freenode channel.

Big thanks to #htc-linux, Cotulla, liiochen, tytung, dcordes, many others I forgot about and will add later.

[EDIT 16.09.12]
    Some people requested kernel sources, here they are:
    http://www.multiupload.nl/IWL07GL78D
    MD5: c698454af38ad7ed3dbec120eae84daa

Clever ones will notice ".git" subdirectory. There's full history and anyone's more than welcome to upload it onto github/gitorious/similar.

Please refer to this htc-linux wiki page for compiling: http://htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?title=QuickDeveloperStartGuide#Kernel . Use htcleo-gnu_defconfig (it's in arch/arm/configs/ directory).
    Hey everyone, I just edited first post to include link to full kernel sources.

Good luck!
    Hey Spaqin,

fso-deviced works if you install older version of it (snapshots.debian.org). But trying to suspend phone through it (direct dbus call) doesn't work. So still no luck.

There is no UI for calling/messaging available in Debian right now (phoneui-apps package is broken, always was for me). As I probably already wrote somewhere...

I should have some free time with the end of this month, but I remain pessimistic. I'm not at the level to fix these things myself, only wait and maybe bug those who can.

~bardzusny
    What happened? Maybe we can help if you tell us symptoms?

Spilled screen with spiderweb on it, non-responsive digitizer, casing in bad state (*and that's to say the least*). Gore.

we can can chip in... if you are interested in developing

If anyone seriously wants to send/lend me replacement Leo, or send outright cash to buy it, by all means PM me (I'm located in Warsaw, Poland by the way). It would definitely be a motivating factor (and beautiful act of altruism all by itself).

I got requests for kernel sources - changes from linux_on_wince_on_htc are really small, but I will do my best to upload them within ~2 weeks (left them on desktop in another city).

Unless someone takes it over/I get working Leo, consider this project dead.

One more time: thanks to anyone interested and all the kind words!
    USB host works, keyboard and mouse. Connected to wifi ok. But when I tried to take a screenshot, it just hung and had to press soft reset button. Will test more.
    Excellent work bardzusny, BTW there are Ladies on this forum too;)
    @ivicabrus, be sure to unzip the .tar.gz, the .tar and also the rootfs.zip
    Edit; mirror- http://d-h.st/Tx9