[App][4.1+][v1.1.0][May 29] Fences - Device automation made easy.

Search This thread

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
Fences is a device automation application that has made it easier than ever
to have your device the way you want it regardless of where or when you are!

Automate your phone. Let us worry about setting up your phone the way you like it.
Create custom profiles that can perform over a dozen actions when various triggers occur.
Create a geofence around all of your favorite movie theaters to silence your phone. Phone
about to run out of battery? Create a profile to disable wifi, data, account sync and many more.
The possibilities are endless. A simple user interface allows you to setup the app how you want
it to work and forget about it. We will do the rest. Everything we do has your battery level in mind.

Google Plus Community
https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112130752023749699441

Basic Features
  • New and improved UI
  • Unlimited Profiles
  • Geofencing

Download & Install

Download from Google Play Store
Fences

Triggers
  • Connect to WiFi
  • Connect to Bluetooth
  • Plug in to power
  • Unplug from power
  • Low Battery
  • On Boot
  • Enter Location
  • Time With Repeat Options
  • Wi-Fi disconnect
  • Bluetooth disconnect
  • Location exit
  • Wi-Fi Any SSID
  • Bluetooth Any Device

Actions
  • AutoRotate
  • AutoBrightness
  • Brightness
  • Screen Timeout
  • Sound State
  • Ringer Volume
  • Notification Volume
  • Media Volume
  • Alarm Volume
  • Wifi
  • Bluetooth
  • Notification Led
  • Haptic Feedback
  • Notification Tone
  • Ringtone
  • Sync
  • Launch Shortcut
  • WiFi Tether
  • Bluetooth Tether

Last edited:

karazz

Jan 13, 2007
Brabant
OnePlus 7T
I would like to use the triggers
- disconnect from specific wifi network
and
- leave location (fence)

Now you can only trigger on a network or a location (I'm guessing on connecting or entering, it's not really clear in the software)

I'm assuming they'll be added in the near future? :)

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
I would like to use the triggers
- disconnect from specific wifi network
and
- leave location (fence)

Now you can only trigger on a network or a location (I'm guessing on connecting or entering, it's not really clear in the software)

I'm assuming they'll be added in the near future? :)

Thanks for the suggestion! We already have Wi-Fi/Bluetooth disconnect in our development environment. Location exit is also on the list for new features. So your requests should be met soon

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bangishotyou

Dec 27, 2011
South Texas
Remove Ads?

Just installed the app, I'd heard about it yesterday and just didn't get around to installing it. Like the look and everything so far. Question: I hate ads, is there a plan to do a Pro version or within the app pay to remove the ads on the bottom?

I've got no issues with paying for a good app and I think this is definitely a good app, but ads drive me crazy and I'll just uninstall any app rather than use it that doesn't give me an option to get rid of them.

Thanks in advance for any reply! Great work otherwise!

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
Just installed the app, I'd heard about it yesterday and just didn't get around to installing it. Like the look and everything so far. Question: I hate ads, is there a plan to do a Pro version or within the app pay to remove the ads on the bottom?

I've got no issues with paying for a good app and I think this is definitely a good app, but ads drive me crazy and I'll just uninstall any app rather than use it that doesn't give me an option to get rid of them.

Thanks in advance for any reply! Great work otherwise!

We are going to add an in app purchase to remove the ads in the near future. We wanted to provide the app for free yet cover some little costs like github hosting and developer accounts. I know they can be an eye sore at the bottom, but ideally you only need to see them once or twice. After we are set up you shouldn't need to come back into the app for much.

KoalaBear84

May 19, 2014
It would be nice if you could make use of Activity Recognition. If "Driving", then disable Wi-Fi. Is this possible? Maybe in a feature version?

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephen.k.spear

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
Great app with good User freindly UI unlike Tasker which is too confusing.

Just 2 issues,
1-Why there is no Ringer Volume option in Action ? it seem it is basic thing one would like to do lower the volume of ringer at home and higher outside. I see all other volume option except Ringer.
2- I want to set a location base Triger but the map never load i only get the white page,i see GPS icon kick in my status bar for 2 sec and then disappear but no map loaded,. When I open Google map app it is working perfectly. any idea what is the issue ?

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
Great app with good User freindly UI unlike Tasker which is too confusing.

Just 2 issues,
1-Why there is no Ringer Volume option in Action ? it seem it is basic thing one would like to do lower the volume of ringer at home and higher outside. I see all other volume option except Ringer.
2- I want to set a location base Triger but the map never load i only get the white page,i see GPS icon kick in my status bar for 2 sec and then disappear but no map loaded,. When I open Google map app it is working perfectly. any idea what is the issue ?

Hey thanks for trying the app. Call volume is the ringer volume.

Do you have network connectivity? I'm not sure why it wouldn't show the map. Unless it was not connected to the internet or the apk was signed with a different cert.

Netuser

Feb 4, 2006
Toronto
Hey thanks for trying the app. Call volume is the ringer volume.

Do you have network connectivity? I'm not sure why it wouldn't show the map. Unless it was not connected to the internet or the apk was signed with a different cert.

Thanks for the quick reply, You should rename the Call volume to Ringer Volume is people will get confuse. Because Call volume is some thing else it is the volume that is during a call.

I do have the internet, I am at home with WIFI also the google map app is loading normaly. I will check if it is not xprivacy which blocked something it shouldnt

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

@Stephen.k.spear

Ok for map it was xprivacy which was blocking access to the internet. Now it is working.

I have a set a profile for home, location based, I am home right now and I see nothing get changed and there is nothing in notification either. How to run the app ?

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
Thanks for the quick reply, You should rename the Call volume to Ringer Volume is people will get confuse. Because Call volume is some thing else it is the volume that is during a call.

I do have the internet, I am at home with WIFI also the google map app is loading normaly. I will check if it is not xprivacy which blocked something it shouldnt

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

@Stephen.k.spear

Ok for map it was xprivacy which was blocking access to the internet. Now it is working.

I have a set a profile for home, location based, I am home right now and I see nothing get changed and there is nothing in notification either. How to run the app ?

Did you save the Location Trigger? Is there one listed in the Profile'sTrigger list? Is your GPS enabled? How about WiFi and Cell Location? If your device can not get a lock on your location there is no way for it to fire. Once a Location Trigger is saved we should handle the rest.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fences is a device automation application that has made it easier than ever
    to have your device the way you want it regardless of where or when you are!

Automate your phone. Let us worry about setting up your phone the way you like it.
    Create custom profiles that can perform over a dozen actions when various triggers occur.
    Create a geofence around all of your favorite movie theaters to silence your phone. Phone
    about to run out of battery? Create a profile to disable wifi, data, account sync and many more.
    The possibilities are endless. A simple user interface allows you to setup the app how you want
    it to work and forget about it. We will do the rest. Everything we do has your battery level in mind.

Google Plus Community
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112130752023749699441

Basic Features
    • New and improved UI
    • Unlimited Profiles
    • Geofencing

Download & Install

Download from Google Play Store
    Fences

Triggers
    • Connect to WiFi
    • Connect to Bluetooth
    • Plug in to power
    • Unplug from power
    • Low Battery
    • On Boot
    • Enter Location
    • Time With Repeat Options
    • Wi-Fi disconnect
    • Bluetooth disconnect
    • Location exit
    • Wi-Fi Any SSID
    • Bluetooth Any Device

Actions
    • AutoRotate
    • AutoBrightness
    • Brightness
    • Screen Timeout
    • Sound State
    • Ringer Volume
    • Notification Volume
    • Media Volume
    • Alarm Volume
    • Wifi
    • Bluetooth
    • Notification Led
    • Haptic Feedback
    • Notification Tone
    • Ringtone
    • Sync
    • Launch Shortcut
    • WiFi Tether
    • Bluetooth Tether

Yes, priorities are necessary to allow complex rules, but the developer doesn't seem to understand that what works for him won't satisfy everyone.

Again I disagree. We've made clear that we do plan on adding priority support at some point. I'm simply pointing out that just because you did something one way on Tasker or some other app doesn't mean thats how this app is supposed to work. Our goal was never to be a Tasker or any other app clone. If another app has everything you are looking for then why are you trying other apps out? Clearly something was missing or you won't be looking into other solutions. We've only been available for 3 weeks. So we would hope we would be granted a little leeway before being compared to app that has years of development under their belts. So before you go saying this is how so and so did it, so you are wrong for not doing it that way. Maybe give us a chance to figure out how we want to handle these type of issues.
    Looks promising. Any plans to interface this with Tasker?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The plan is to compete with Tasker... :)

Yes we are working on getting a new beta with new actions and Triggers out in the next couple weeks.
    Hope everybody joined the Beta Program. The first update has been published to all of you. Tell us about your experience.

The following are the new features included in this update. These features were requested by you guys. Keep them coming!

New actions
    - Launch Shortcut
    - WiFi Tether
    - Bluetooth Tether

New triggers
    - Wi-Fi disconnect
    - Bluetooth disconnect
    - Location exit
    - Wi-Fi Any SSID
    - Bluetooth Any Device

Bug fixes