Switching Phone numbers at Sprint ???

Search This thread

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
Im jumping to the M8 this weekend and turning over the m7 to the wife. Considering ive never done this before( always retired the phone) When i take it in to change it over to her number, will i need to RUU or can I just leave the Rom Im running presently on the phone.?

theotrman

May 29, 2011
EVERYWHERE!
Im jumping to the M8 this weekend and turning over the m7 to the wife. Considering ive never done this before( always retired the phone) When i take it in to change it over to her number, will i need to RUU or can I just leave the Rom Im running presently on the phone.?

Typically stock ROMs, usually work. But if your M7 is S-Off then i like to run the latest RUU and OTA update it, that way you won't get any flack. Sometimes the sales person that helps u will be thrown back if he or she sees anything unusual.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Reactions: drlzanej

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
Typically stock ROMs, usually work. But if your M7 is S-Off then i like to run the latest RUU and OTA update it, that way you won't get any flack. Sometimes the sales person that helps u will be thrown back if he or she sees anything unusual.

Thank you for the reply, But if I do and RUU and OTA wont I loose root permanently? or will I just be able to unlock the bootloader again and reflash recovery and SU ??? Thank you again

Reactions: theotrman

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you for the reply, But if I do and RUU and OTA wont I loose root permanently? or will I just be able to unlock the bootloader again and reflash recovery and SU ??? Thank you again
    Yes. You will loose root. U can always unlock and 're-root.