[Q] null IMEI & no network signal

Search This thread

Issa Eid

Mar 24, 2013
Hi every one.
i have a new galaxy S5, the problem is my IMEI is null, and the Baseband version is " Unknown " so my phone is 100% dead with that " no service " notifiction. i dont know any thing about the phone, it's not rooted, i just have to fix it, so any help with that !?

johan81

Apr 18, 2011
Hi every one.
i have a new galaxy S5, the problem is my IMEI is null, and the Baseband version is " Unknown " so my phone is 100% dead with that " no service " notifiction. i dont know any thing about the phone, it's not rooted, i just have to fix it, so any help with that !?

Just to be clear, you have never rooted the phone and KNOX isn't tripped? If so, you can just get it fixed under warranty, because I can assume you do not have an EFS backup and without that you cannot fix ti yourself.

Issa Eid

Mar 24, 2013
Is that possible to fix it if i copy the efs folder of another working s5 to the broken one ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Hi every one.

Just turn the phone in for repair under warranty if you bought the phone, btw changing IMEI number is illegal and cannot be discussed on XDA ;)

Last edited: