Updating E986 with the official 'kitkat' 4.4.2 Firmware Release

Search This thread

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
edit:
Lg Server is up again:
here the official E986 kitkat 4.4.2 update:

http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW428306432109876543213/E98620A_00.kdz

Some of the things you will get with this E986 firmware upgrade :

+ support for a large number of european languages
+ well working samba server
+ well working Windows "LG On-Screen Phone"
+ knock-off screen
+ free 50 gb cloud storage at "box" and other goodies when registering at "LG Smart World" app
+ adaptive network settings tailored on measure for the european provider landscape .
(There are user reports indicating that LTE services of some smaller providers are not integrated into the system yet)

please see post #4, #5 for further informations as well as cloud storage links to the E986 upgrade

Some general Information:

A majority of the posts here and in other gpro threads come from people that apparently dont use this device .

It is one of the sequels of swiss government's/parapolice's sell-out of LG stakes that they were once keeping. Unfortunately along with this my wife is kept now for the 15th consecutive year fully illegally imprisoned at the vienna airport(where i am right now)
...guess I had to give you an idea where most of the absurdity in this thread comes from.
Sorry

Last edited:
Reactions: tomi001

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
what is the fewest sour kitkat on e986?

deleted:
explanation in the following post

Last edited:

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
A turkish e986 kitkat update seems to be published.
Where is it available?
Since the e986 update situation is still rather difficult, it would be fine to have a place where relevant information is neatly collected and displayed.

edit:
As reported by smartphenom.com the update was already published in mid july.
Some bizare internet users (but certainly not GPro owners) called it "turkish rom", so that many GPro owners (like myself ) wouldn't be aware of it.
At least we know now for certain that LG did the job and some other bizare people that wanted to harm us E986 owners for reasons we will never understand tried (and still try) to hide it.

Last edited:

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
luckily this thread is at the point of getting pointless:

here is the inofficial release of the first official e986 kitkat firmware (it supports an amazingly large number of european languages )
the precise version denomination:
E98620a-EUR-XX

From my dropbox:
E98620A_00.kdz

From my Mega account:
E98620A_00.kdz

size:
1714449203 bytes

checksums:
crc-32: 4CCE9E55
md5: 748C6B4217711B5C26D1CF15989719CA
sha-1: 60D5ED0FB2A139C96D791644045F8CE856C8F9B4

to get a data/internet connection:
Settings->Tethering & networks->Mobile networks->Access point names->tap menu button->chose "New APN"->fill in the first 2 lines:
do not think too much about it, the software does it for you as soon as there is anything filled into the first 2 lines of the access point settings form;
try something like: mydata
then tap menu button and "save".

note :
APN settings can be easily cleared to prevent unwanted [costly] data connections --> your GPro will then behave like a traditional GSM phone.

Last edited:

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
let me say the official e986 kitkat update is really good
[and..we all know by now how much better life would taste without illegal preservatives (police ****)]

in case the LG server is too busy:
E98620A_00.kdz

Last edited:

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
the empire strikes back

Very sadly the dark side continues to deny the existence of the very fine E-986 4.4.2 update. [download links in post 4&5]
Have a look at the "kitkat ..soon official" thread to be introduced to contemporary strategies of disinformation.

May the power be with you
so that life gets at least a chance to be good to all of us!

But now it is up again:
here the official software from the lg server

Last edited:

tomi001

Jul 6, 2012
Very sadly the dark side continues to deny the existence of the very fine E-986 4.4.2 update. [download links in post 4&5]
Have a look at the "kitkat ..soon official" thread to be introduced to contemporary strategies of disinformation.

May the power be with you
so that life gets at least a chance to be good to all of us!

But now it is up again:
here the official software from the lg server

Does it delete the data when i flash this?

Sent from my LG-E986 using XDA Free mobile app

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
well..

according to my personal experience the data partition will not be overwritten by the LG update software. This is also the reason why a full reset after flashing might help if something doesn't work as it should.
So... it is certainly a good idea to backup as well and as much as possible beforehand.

Last edited:

tomi001

Jul 6, 2012
Hello i flashed the KK rom, but now i have no lte. It is showing that i can only connect with 2g and 3g. Is there a solution?
Thx in advance

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
Hello i flashed the KK rom, but now i have no lte. It is showing that i can only connect with 2g and 3g. Is there a solution?
Thx in advance

With Jelly-Bean and Kitkat E-986 stock firmware the 4g option will only show up when your sim-card is allowed to hook into the LTE service.

lg-user45

Apr 28, 2013
With Jelly-Bean and Kitkat E-986 stock firmware the 4g option will only show up when your sim-card is allowed to hook into the LTE service.
And why does it show on Jelly-Bean then the 4 g option and also logs into 4g network,
but not anymore after kk kdz flash?.
On e98620a...kdz i havent anymore 4 g option,but on any Jelly-Bean and also custom roms
I do have.?

lg-user45

Apr 28, 2013
And why does it show on Jelly-Bean then the 4 g option and also logs into 4g network,
On e98620a...kdz i havent anymore 4 g option,but on any Jelly-Bean and also custom roms
I do have.?

Now i flashed E98820a...kdz, i got 4 g here.
But only can choose english as language setting.
There must be another reason,why the 4g option isnt present on E98620a turkish rom.

tomi001

Jul 6, 2012
Now i flashed E98820a...kdz, i got 4 g here.
But only can choose english as language setting.
There must be another reason,why the 4g option isnt present on E98620a turkish rom.

How did you do it? Have you just flashed the kdz the second time over the existant KK rom?

lg-user45

Apr 28, 2013
How did you do it? Have you just flashed the kdz the second time over the existant KK rom?

Yes. As it is a flash by lgflashtool it should wipe anything . Dont think you need to do a manual format be4 flashing.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

The taiwanese kitkat E98820a seems to me much more faster and smoother
smoother than the turkish kitkat E98620a. But this is my private opinion ?

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
Sorry, I don't know , but . . .

I do have.��

What I definitely could observe is that the network settings menu on e986 stock kitkat changes with different network providers.
i.e with hutchinson "3" in Austria which doesn't provide 2g/GSM in the more populated areas [and switches to 2G only on the countryside], the "2G only" options disappear from the network settings menu and the network mode pop-up window. [To display them as non available would be more customer friendly, I guess]
Anyway I can't believe that there are GPro users who honestly believe being better off in Europe with a taiwanese firmware.
:confused:

Last edited:

omanu62

Nov 13, 2014
What I definitely could observe is that the settings menu of the network options on e986 stock kitkat changes with different network providers.
i.e with hutchinson "3" in Austria which doesn't provide 2g/GSM at all in the more populated areas [and switches to 2G only on the countryside], the "2G only" options disappear from the network settings menu and the network mode pop-up window. [To display it as non available would be more customer friendly, I guess]
Anyway I can't believe that there are LGPro users who honestly believe being better off in Europe with a taiwanese firmware.
:confused:

I agree with you as being French (provider Orange) i had no problem with turkish rom......I do have 4G and french language ! All i had to do was to fix the APN, that's all ! I don't understand why LG don't officialy upgrade this phone to kit kat ! I had to flash it beacuse i couldn't use my brand new watch R with it !

xifizurk

Jan 20, 2011
please !

I agree with you as being French (provider Orange) i had no problem with turkish rom......I do have 4G and french language ! All i had to do was to fix the APN, that's all ! I don't understand why LG don't officialy upgrade this phone to kit kat ! I had to flash it beacuse i couldn't use my brand new watch R with it !

According to smartphenom.com the firmware was released on july 17, 2014 for the original 'Aturbk' package.
Since people called it consequently "turkish rom" instead of "first firmware release" LG didn`t get any support from the users to withstand the pressure from those police/stasi weirdos that messed up this thing.
I guess in our own interest we shouldn't call this official release "rom" anymore if we want LG to link it to all the other original packages.

tomi001

Jul 6, 2012
Yes. As it is a flash by lgflashtool it should wipe anything . Dont think you need to do a manual format be4 flashing.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Hello, I did it, but still the same Problem. how did you do that? I did a fresh install with lg flahtool 2014, but still no 4g.

lg-user45

Apr 28, 2013
Hello, I did it, but still the same Problem. how did you do that? I did a fresh install with lg flahtool 2014, but still no 4g.
What have you done? Did you flash E98620a or E98820a?
If you flash E98620a (turkish) then you might wont see 4g option.
If you flash E98820a (asian) then you will get 4g option but only english language
and some asian languages

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    edit:
    Lg Server is up again:
    here the official E986 kitkat 4.4.2 update:

http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=FW428306432109876543213/E98620A_00.kdz

Some of the things you will get with this E986 firmware upgrade :

+ support for a large number of european languages
    + well working samba server
    + well working Windows "LG On-Screen Phone"
    + knock-off screen
    + free 50 gb cloud storage at "box" and other goodies when registering at "LG Smart World" app
    + adaptive network settings tailored on measure for the european provider landscape .
    (There are user reports indicating that LTE services of some smaller providers are not integrated into the system yet)

please see post #4, #5 for further informations as well as cloud storage links to the E986 upgrade

Some general Information:

A majority of the posts here and in other gpro threads come from people that apparently dont use this device .

It is one of the sequels of swiss government's/parapolice's sell-out of LG stakes that they were once keeping. Unfortunately along with this my wife is kept now for the 15th consecutive year fully illegally imprisoned at the vienna airport(where i am right now)
    ...guess I had to give you an idea where most of the absurdity in this thread comes from.
    Sorry
    well..

according to my personal experience the data partition will not be overwritten by the LG update software. This is also the reason why a full reset after flashing might help if something doesn't work as it should.
    So... it is certainly a good idea to backup as well and as much as possible beforehand.
    Thx in advance

Yes. You have to put manualy your apn from Free and install 4G switcher from the play store and chose with this application LTE GSM WCDMA and you have 4G. The only problem it's you have to choose LTE GSM WCDMA with the application each time you reboot your phone to have 4G. Take mabe 30sec... That's the only problem with Free Mobile and 4.4.2.