LG gpad general lag

Search This thread

Jaydus

Dec 24, 2008
So I recently purchased a bargain priced g pad here in the UK. I am currently an Ipad air owner(boooo) :) but wanted to get an Android tablet and this seemed like my best option. But I have to say that I am really disappointed as it it laggy as hell and the battery life is pretty poor.

Is this normal or am I the proud owner of a dud? The lag occurs in stock launcher and apex. It also happens in browsers, namely chrome, Uc and dolphin. It even lags when browsing threads on tapatalk.

I have factory reset it and no joy. I am outside the 7 day return period and so kind of need to fix the issue if poss.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

getmealive

Jul 1, 2010
I don't see any lags on my LG G Pad 8.3

So I recently purchased a bargain priced g pad here in the UK. I am currently an Ipad air owner(boooo) :) but wanted to get an Android tablet and this seemed like my best option. But I have to say that I am really disappointed as it it laggy as hell and the battery life is pretty poor.

Is this normal or am I the proud owner of a dud? The lag occurs in stock launcher and apex. It also happens in browsers, namely chrome, Uc and dolphin. It even lags when browsing threads on tapatalk.

I have factory reset it and no joy. I am outside the 7 day return period and so kind of need to fix the issue if poss.

I own LG GPad 8.3 as well, and I don't see any lags, it is working as normal. even games are running smoothly. I don't know why is it lagging on your tablet.

DJFresh82

Nov 3, 2005
Im pretty surprised with how much people are getting lags.. even with stck unrooted out of the box i dont get these lags.. although i knew it can perform better.. for the people with lags try rooting and installing the malladus custom rom.. suped up stock rom with most of the lg software in tact..... as stated in that forum the way the stock rom should run.......... much smoother when running anything and everything...... try it out..

Jaydus

Dec 24, 2008
Thanks for the replies, I may have to go down the root path then as a test, other than the lag and slightly poor battery life it is a good tablet for sure

tru21

Feb 19, 2014
I've also observed some stuttering while using my V500 (especially scrolling webpages).

The best way to test this is to choose image from gallery, zoom in and drag it around furiously :)
Sometimes its smooth and works as supposed to, but most of the times after a second or two it stops responding to finger movements.

No idea what to do. I like LG stock rom, but this is a deal-breaker for me :(

killerapl

Mar 5, 2011
I have experienced really bad lag playing jetpack joyride. Anyone else experience this? Running stock.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

RichardC27

Jan 13, 2012
Cheshire
I rooted mine and installed cyanogenmod as soon as I got it home. The stock ROM isn't great, getting almost vanilla Android on it makes for a much nicer and snappier tablet

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cappa662

erwaso

Apr 1, 2011
West Side

add the task manager widget, how much Free RAM is there when it lags?

I'm usually at 600-730 free RAM and the only time it lags is when closing out a game and quickly launching email or Chrome app from home screen.

general_z

Aug 28, 2011
Stockholm
jade.se
Update: found out the app screen adjuster was causing the lag.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

Is there any other app that lets one fix the black levels? The G Pad without any fixing of the black levels isn't that great for watching shows, movies or playing games where details often can be found in the darker areas. And trading better black levels for more lag (or having to use the Performance governor isn't great). I even noticed watching shows with Screen Adjuster made the FPS a bit jittery (like it's missing frames here and there).

Last edited:

michal_alton

Feb 4, 2007
Sometimes its smooth and works as supposed to, but most of the times after a second or two it stops responding to finger movements.

That is not a lag, that is either defective digitiser or drivers within software. Ive got exactly the same issue on mine, suddenly it just stops responding when dragging my finger across the screen like it was not touched.

tru21

Feb 19, 2014
New one is definitely working better, however it still feels like it misses touches every once in a while. That could be a software issue though, it was with my Nexus 7 2013.

I just had digitizer replaced by LG service center. New one works great, no problems at all. So it was a hardware issue after all, like michal_alton suggested.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I rooted mine and installed cyanogenmod as soon as I got it home. The stock ROM isn't great, getting almost vanilla Android on it makes for a much nicer and snappier tablet

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk