[Closed][Q] HTC One keeps rebooting after a few minutes.

Search This thread

njlove4ya

Jan 20, 2014
Sprint
S-ON
HBOOT 1.55
TWRP 2.6.3.0 recovery

I tried flashing ARHD and had problems (but I can't post anything in that thread since I'm a noob) so I decided to restore my stock nandroid backup. Now my sprint ID won't download, I don't have any service with sprint, and it reboots every 2 minutes. Any ideas on what my problem is here?

*NOTE*
I have been messing with my phone all weekend and I'm still toying with it. I have flashed multiple recoveries and relocked and then unlocked my bootloader again.

[CLOSED]
I used the latest RUU without needing to have S-OFF. Phone is now fully restored to stock and fully functioning. :victory:

Shout out to @Marc199 for the help!

Last edited:

Marc199

Jun 15, 2012
Leipzig
Sprint
S-ON
HBOOT 1.55
TWRP 2.6.3.0 recovery

I tried flashing ARHD and had problems (but I can't post anything in that thread since I'm a noob) so I decided to restore my stock nandroid backup. Now my sprint ID won't download, I don't have any service with sprint, and it reboots every 2 minutes. Any ideas on what my problem is here?

*NOTE*
I have been messing with my phone all weekend and I'm still toying with it. I have flashed multiple recoveries and relocked and then unlocked my bootloader again.

The Sprint Version is not supported. That is the reason why it reboots.

njlove4ya

Jan 20, 2014
The Sprint Version is not supported. That is the reason why it reboots.

I used ARHD 31.6 which says it is supported by Sprint. When that didn't work I tried restoring back to my stock nonandroid backup but I'm having the same problems. Still no Sprint service and it keeps rebooting after about 2 mins. I've tried flashing other roms as well as the stock rom and they all do the same thing. What would make all of them do that?

Marc199

Jun 15, 2012
Leipzig
I used ARHD 31.6 which says it is supported by Sprint. When that didn't work I tried restoring back to my stock nonandroid backup but I'm having the same problems. Still no Sprint service and it keeps rebooting after about 2 mins. I've tried flashing other roms as well as the stock rom and they all do the same thing. What would make all of them do that?

Did you do a full wipe before you tried to restore your backup?
Maybe your backup is corrupt. There is an extra Sprint HTC One Forum...maybe they have working backups or even RUU's.

njlove4ya

Jan 20, 2014
Did you do a full wipe before you tried to restore your backup?
Maybe your backup is corrupt. There is an extra Sprint HTC One Forum...maybe they have working backups or even RUU's.

Yea, I make sure I do a full wipe before installing/restoring a rom. I've tried flashing several roms now and every one does the same thing. No service and reboots.

I did install ARHD 41.0 (which does not support Sprint) the first time, and after realizing I downloaded the wrong rom I flashed the correct rom that does support Sprint. Is there something that the first rom may have deleted since it doesn't support Sprint to mess up my service?

And do I need to be S-OFF to flash and RUU?

Marc199

Jun 15, 2012
Leipzig
I'm really not sure, but flashing the wrong ROM could have messed up some partitions. Have you tried formatting /system as well?
I think the best thing you should do is to run a RUU. You don't have to be s-off, but then you need the right one for you. Since you don't have a stable system right now, I don't see a way how you could achieve s-off right now. Could you please post the output of this command: fastboot getvar all

sns2k7

Dec 30, 2009
Sprint
S-ON
HBOOT 1.55
TWRP 2.6.3.0 recovery

*NOTE*

[CLOSED]
I used the latest RUU without needing to have S-OFF. Phone is now fully restored to stock and fully functioning. :victory:

Shout out to @Marc199 for the help!

do you remember what ruu you used, i m on 1.44 , twrp 2.5.00