[Q] [Battery related] S3 Mini i8190L update from stock rom to custom, is it worth it?

Search This thread

leomachado666

May 27, 2013
Hi guys,

i recently sold my crappy Xperia Tipo (i goddamn hate it) and bought an S3 Mini, i love it, it's my first day with it, but i'm having serious issues with the battery life, it discharges too fast,

When i bought it i drained all the battery, then charged it (turned off) to 100%.... but still its draining too fast.

The phone is brand new... i don't know why it discharges so fast, it's on android 4.1.2:

Should i update to a custom rom? i would like to taste KitKat, that CM11...

Do you suggest it?

jnicaragua

Jan 21, 2014
Managua
Hi guys,

i recently sold my crappy Xperia Tipo (i goddamn hate it) and bought an S3 Mini, i love it, it's my first day with it, but i'm having serious issues with the battery life, it discharges too fast,

When i bought it i drained all the battery, then charged it (turned off) to 100%.... but still its draining too fast.

The phone is brand new... i don't know why it discharges so fast, it's on android 4.1.2:

Should i update to a custom rom? i would like to taste KitKat, that CM11...

Do you suggest it?

The battery is not our great ally here xD

But custom rom have bugs, no matter what ppl say.. they have and will have for a while...

IF you dont care about warranty and want to take the chance to improve your cell, yes, there are some good roms to upgrade Jelly Bean to KitKat or just update to 4.3

Personal, Maclaw have a great work done in his CM and Carbon (Don Like at all Slim or OAKP ) that work with kit kat, still in process; in the case of 4.3 dont know, i just did the jump from 4.1 to 4.4 :p

TDK91

Jan 7, 2014
I'm actually using Mac CM 11.0 and I have to charge it every night, the same as with a Stock ROM / based custom ROM. I'm actually doing around 5 to 6 hours calling and a little bit of Line/Whatsapp during the day.

It's faster, and I like Open Source ROMs the most, because of the design, but it's up to you.

leomachado666

May 27, 2013
I'm actually using Mac CM 11.0 and I have to charge it every night, the same as with a Stock ROM / based custom ROM. I'm actually doing around 5 to 6 hours calling and a little bit of Line/Whatsapp during the day.

It's faster, and I like Open Source ROMs the most, because of the design, but it's up to you.

hey guys,

the road so far:

I started rooting and installing TWRP recovery in my phone, then i updated to Maclaw Kitkat 4.4.2 and flashed gapps...

i noted that the phone improved just a little bit, because without the bloatware it's much better, i don't have any bugs actually...

From 5 am to 11.30 am it went down 3% without 3G, i went to sleep and lost 3 % that's a little bit better...

I suggest to do a full rom backup with TWRP and try a new custom rom, 4.4 or 4.3!!

leave this post open for if someone knows something else about the battery life.

pman4pman

Feb 4, 2014
hey guys,

the road so far:

I started rooting and installing TWRP recovery in my phone, then i updated to Maclaw Kitkat 4.4.2 and flashed gapps...

i noted that the phone improved just a little bit, because without the bloatware it's much better, i don't have any bugs actually...

From 5 am to 11.30 am it went down 3% without 3G, i went to sleep and lost 3 % that's a little bit better...

I suggest to do a full rom backup with TWRP and try a new custom rom, 4.4 or 4.3!!

leave this post open for if someone knows something else about the battery life.

Dont know much how long is battery life with the stock rom, bcause i started using the phone directly with the CM11 of maclaw. I am running the 20140120 version, and i am always reading about the news and comments of the last maclaw's release.. (think i will do an update soon..)

I see that battery life increase changing the governor ( abyssplug ) and the I/O scheduler ( sio ). I dont use wifi so much but often 3g data connection (chat, mail pushing, some internet surfing etc..) , listen music, make some photos... airplane mode during night!

after 1,5 day of use.. i should charge!

had an xperiaE before with a stock 4.1.2 jb and the battery life was greater... ( but is completely another device with another hw and os .. )

leomachado666

May 27, 2013
Dont know much how long is battery life with the stock rom, bcause i started using the phone directly with the CM11 of maclaw. I am running the 20140120 version, and i am always reading about the news and comments of the last maclaw's release.. (think i will do an update soon..)

I see that battery life increase changing the governor ( abyssplug ) and the I/O scheduler ( sio ). I dont use wifi so much but often 3g data connection (chat, mail pushing, some internet surfing etc..) , listen music, make some photos... airplane mode during night!

after 1,5 day of use.. i should charge!

had an xperiaE before with a stock 4.1.2 jb and the battery life was greater... ( but is completely another device with another hw and os .. )

I'm kindda pissed of with the Xperia line, my friend had the Xperia U and smashed it across the hallway because after hours and hours of flashing new roms it always came down to poor...extreme poor performance haha.

What's the governor ?

pman4pman

Feb 4, 2014
governor takes control of which the CPU is used... there are a lot of threads about...or just google the word and you will find a lot of literature..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

B

badboybubba

hi

What rom would give me a few days battery life for Samsung Galaxy S III mini GT-I8190???, Id love to see lollypop on it