Is my battery life normal?

Search This thread

Superbad95

Jun 4, 2014
I went to bed last night after unplugging my phone at 100% and woke up to find it at 84%. After browsing through the Internet for around 30 minutes, the battery dropped another 10%. I just downloaded gsam and will post up a screen shot after a full days of use. But I have seen people who can go 7 hours continuous YouTube streaming with this phone. I've owned this phone for almost 2 weeks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Shudder123

Jul 4, 2012
I went to bed last night after unplugging my phone at 100% and woke up to find it at 84%. After browsing through the Internet for around 30 minutes, the battery dropped another 10%. I just downloaded gsam and will post up a screen shot after a full days of use. But I have seen people who can go 7 hours continuous YouTube streaming with this phone. I've owned this phone for almost 2 weeks.

i have found that my M8 tends to drain quite a bit in deep sleep. I had a nexus 5 and with everything off except wifi, i'd lose 3-4% in 8 hrs. compared to the same settings and a 10% drain on my m8.

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2694719

There's over 900 replies in that thread dedicated to the battery of the M8 :eek:

dsmpampis

Oct 21, 2012
Guys I had the same issue in deep sleep but with a custom kernel(i have the ElementalX), my phone now in deep sleep loose 1-2% the whole night!

Tapatalked with my "refrigerator look" HTC one M8

RAM_1994

Oct 1, 2011
Go to settings, and battery history. If 3. bar is always active, then something is unnecessary draining your phone. I don't know what. Download Clean Master and clean RAM, or just reboot the phone, and that issue will probably dissappear

KarimSalloum

Apr 24, 2012
Beirut

There's definitely something wrong. Download GSam to find out which apps are draining your battery, then fix their settings (ie. social media apps are always syncing by default, turn that plague OFF). I suggest to freeze all apps you aren't actively using especially those who seem to be draining your battery. On the M8 you should expect at LEAST a full day of heavy usage, ie. 5hrs screen on time + 20 hrs standby.