Sony Smartband sleep functionality discussion

Search This thread

UnderrTaker

Aug 28, 2013
Hi everyone,
I opened a discussion to understand how Sony Smartband works inside the core.

I don't know if anyone knows exactly, but one functionality that makes me think is the Sleep tracking with Smartband/Lifelog.

I realized that the smartband is capable of capture when we sleep and measure the deep sleep time daily, but anyone know how can it capture this information?

1- I see that the smartband only sees after midnight and so on, some times I sleep at 10pm, but it always marks as 00:00am, is there any way to monitor it more accurate?
2- Another curious feature is, how Smartband knows that I am not in a deep sleep and wake me up during the period I set to wake me up?

Anyone tried to create an app to access these functionalities outside the Lifelog? I would really appreciate that my smartband vibrates in my wrist every time I receive SMS, Whatsapp message and others... and will be best if we can change the vibration for every notification like:

Whatsapp = 1 short vibration
SMS = 1 long vibration
Incoming call = Constant vibrations until I accept or reject the call

Thank you!

Reactions: Totriet

UnderrTaker

Aug 28, 2013
It's the second highest option for me, it reads "notifications". Enable that

Edit: Could you please show a screenshot of your Smartband app?

Found it, thank you!

Now I'm curious in how to improve the sleep measure.

Today I woke up at 06:20 but went to sleep again 5 minutes later, it won't mark the 1 more hour that I slept.
I'm not so happy with this measurement :(

ahvipardik

Aug 3, 2012
Maybe you have auto night mode on so it switches to day mode and does not recognize sleep any more? Mine works even when I'm awake whole night in night mode it shows that I have been awake.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

UnderrTaker

Aug 28, 2013
Maybe you have auto night mode on so it switches to day mode and does not recognize sleep any more? Mine works even when I'm awake whole night in night mode it shows that I have been awake.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Hi,

My night mode is set to 11pm to 9am...
So it's strange that smartband captures just my sleep from midnight, and if I sleep until two hours or more after night mode (11am) it register ok.

The problems are :

I cannot wake up and sleep again
It don't mark my sleep before midnight

Example : if I fall asleep during the evening, it's supposed to capture this sleep time too?

Thank you

adolfovm

Nov 25, 2011
Mexico City
From my experience the smartband will only log your sleep time while on sleep mode, which you set to every night at the interval of your choosing. In your case from 11 pm to 9 am.

However you can always shift the smartband from day mode to night mode manually by long pressing the smartband button, it will vibrate and activate night mode at any moment during the day. After changing to night mode it will log your sleep cycle no matter the time of the day, as long as you keep it on night mode. And it's not magic either, I've stayed up late watching TV very still and the smart band thought I was "light sleeping" just because it activated night mode (due to time) and I was not moving much! ;)

And for instance the time you woke up at 6, and the smart band switched to day mode you can just long press the button and it will shift the smart band to night mode again, and register the extra hours you sleep.

Last edited:

UnderrTaker

Aug 28, 2013
Hi Adolfo,
Thank you for your tips.

I was testing the sleep feature and I figured out the same of you.
Sometimes I went to bed and spend hours watching TV, and if I stop to turn over, it marks as light sleep.

Thank you again, from now on I can measure better my sleep and some other features.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,
    I opened a discussion to understand how Sony Smartband works inside the core.

I don't know if anyone knows exactly, but one functionality that makes me think is the Sleep tracking with Smartband/Lifelog.

I realized that the smartband is capable of capture when we sleep and measure the deep sleep time daily, but anyone know how can it capture this information?

1- I see that the smartband only sees after midnight and so on, some times I sleep at 10pm, but it always marks as 00:00am, is there any way to monitor it more accurate?
    2- Another curious feature is, how Smartband knows that I am not in a deep sleep and wake me up during the period I set to wake me up?

Anyone tried to create an app to access these functionalities outside the Lifelog? I would really appreciate that my smartband vibrates in my wrist every time I receive SMS, Whatsapp message and others... and will be best if we can change the vibration for every notification like:

Whatsapp = 1 short vibration
    SMS = 1 long vibration
    Incoming call = Constant vibrations until I accept or reject the call

Thank you!